LSCR #2 in Process

Started by Bud Kennedy, August 28, 2016, 10:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

My second LSCR is now underway.  Initial build steps have begun and the excitement is building here at the Kennedy house.  This will be my frog rod and just might be ready in time for the Guntersville rally.  I have a brand new Lews BB1 sitting here waiting to meet its new host rod.  Should really be a good pair.  It would be nice to initiate the new rod with one of those Guntersville monster bass.

rockchalk06

Sweet. My 3rd is being made as well. I'm having it built for Guntersville lo

Lipripper

Can't wait to see the next two LSCR done. ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on August 28, 2016, 10:39:35 AM
My second LSCR is now underway.  Initial build steps have begun and the excitement is building here at the Kennedy house.  This will be my frog rod and just might be ready in time for the Guntersville rally.  I have a brand new Lews BB1 sitting here waiting to meet its new host rod.  Should really be a good pair.  It would be nice to initiate the new rod with one of those Guntersville monster bass.

Bud, what did you go with as a frog rod?

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 28, 2016, 12:07:10 PM
Bud, what did you go with as a frog rod?

Well Lou, I have no idea.  I certainly am not a guru of any kind when it comes to the technical requirements of a rod.  In my opinion there is no better feeling that knowing that I simply have to describe how I want to use the rod and discuss any limitations that are present.  For example, for storage reasons and space on the deck of my boat, the maximum length of any rod is 6'8"  Anything longer just doesn't fit correctly including the rod rack in my office.  So the bottom line is " I have no idea"  What ever Lee recommends is just fine by me.  Lee will probably let us know in a future post or I will tell you when I get the rod.  This is exactly how LSCR #1 was built and I could not be more pleased with the results.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on August 28, 2016, 01:39:07 PM
Well Lou, I have no idea.  I certainly am not a guru of any kind when it comes to the technical requirements of a rod.  In my opinion there is no better feeling that knowing that I simply have to describe how I want to use the rod and discuss any limitations that are present.  For example, for storage reasons and space on the deck of my boat, the maximum length of any rod is 6'8"  Anything longer just doesn't fit correctly including the rod rack in my office.  So the bottom line is " I have no idea"  What ever Lee recommends is just fine by me.  Lee will probably let us know in a future post or I will tell you when I get the rod.  This is exactly how LSCR #1 was built and I could not be more pleased with the results.
I'm positive you will be pleased Bud, I was just curious if you knew the rod you were going with.

Lee Smith

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 28, 2016, 01:43:18 PM
I'm positive you will be pleased Bud, I was just curious if you knew the rod you were going with.

Northfork 6'6" HF
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

flowerjohn

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on August 28, 2016, 10:39:35 AM

So when are you getting a reel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bud Kennedy

Already have the reel.  Just need a rod to put it on.  I am ready, the reel has even been spooled with my frog tossin' line.   ~gf

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: flowerjohn on August 28, 2016, 05:46:37 PM
So when are you getting a reel?

He is using a...barf...Lews. lol

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Bud Kennedy

Yep Lews it is.  And it does not even have any of the bling crap that you put on your dingwa reels

flowerjohn

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on August 29, 2016, 05:13:23 PM
Yep Lews it is.  And it does not even have any of the bling crap that you put on your dingwa reels

So when are you going to get a reel?

Lipripper

Quote from: flowerjohn on August 29, 2016, 05:24:54 PM
So when are you going to get a reel?

~shade

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet