Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

CBC Federation Nation Club Qualifier

(Read 4844 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

toobman

• Fish Fear Me
Hi Guys,  We would like to know your feelings and or suggestions on how to qualify anglers from our club to the BASS Federation Nation Tournament.  Please post your feeleings and or suggestions here so we can all see them and come up with some propsals for you.  The steering committee will watch this sounding board to come up with some good ideas for you.  Remember we are allowed 1, 6 angler (3 boater, 3 non-boater) team per 12 members.  I believe we are at 48 to 50 members so we could possibly send 4 teams of 6 to the state level. At the last business meeting it was decided that we will do a 2 pre-fish day + a 2 day weekend tournament and the lake will be Pueblo lake.  Thanks for your suggestions
Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 10:41:44 PM by toobman
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
Confucius

Frank Villa (toobman)  CBF Webmaster  CBC Webmaster

Mike Hubbard

• Smallmouth
  • WOW
This is going to be a tough subject. It seems to me that we have two sides to this.
1. We should send only the best 6 man team from our club
2. Send as many teams as we are allowed.

The questions that come from this are;
If we send only one team of the best from our club how do we determine who those people are?
If we send as many teams as we are allowed based on membership, what happens when someone backs out or can't go for some reason. Which will happen, there are always things that come up that are unexpected, family, work, money, etc.

My 2 cents.

We have already voted to have one tournament and that tournament will be held at Pueblo, with 2 days of prefish and 2 days of tournament. We need to decide if the tournament will be during the tournament already scheduled or to have a separate tournament and how many to send from the club.

I think this should be a team tournament. Pick your partner and fish the tournaments as a team.

I agree wi9th Ken. I think it should be a separate tournament. Based on participation we decide on the number of 6 man teams to send and how many alternates in the event someone backs out before the state tournament. Say 6 teams show up, we take the top 3 teams and make the fourth, fifth, etc. the alternates. If 4 teams show up take the top two teams and the rest alternates. We should find out from CBF if alternates are allowed at the state level and beyond. I would think you would have to allow it. If alternates are allowed is it the whole team as an alternate or just a replacement for the one who backs out whether it be the boater or non-boater. How does this work once the state level is decided. At a club level it is easy to replace with an alternate going to state but if the team has already completed in state and made it to regionals and something happens, is that team just out or can they be filled with an alternate? If alternates aren't allowed I say send as many teams as we are allowed to the state level. This increases our chances of one of our teams advancing to the regionals and if someone backs out then that the team is out and the club is still represented. This also puts pressure on each team to stick it out.

I think there should be an entry fee of say $200 or more per team for this club level tournament, with the proceeds divided among the teams to help offset the cost of going to the next level. This helps to find out who is serious about it and also sends our best fishermen for that year to the next level to represent our club. If you can't afford the entry fee at the club level how are going to afford the travel expense at the next level. Don't forget about the Vacation time off from work. If you only get a week of vacation a year, that will not be enough.

This should stir the pot a bit. What does everyone think?
Crank it!!! Jerk it!!! Rip it!!!

John Wilder

Since we have to adjust to what is already set in stone here is what I say:

The Pueblo tournament should be a team tournament and you send the top three teams (1 six man team) from that event on to state.  Personally, I think we went about this all wrong.  But, my whining won't fix it. So, this is my suggestion on how to send the best 6 man team possible.  I also reccommend that we determine how many teams we send soley based upon the turn out of the tournament at Pueblo. NOT BY HOW MANY CLUB MEMBERS WE HAVE. I say we send one team for every 18 people that show.  So, if 54 members show up at Pueblo, we send 3 teams.  Now let's be realistic.  There will probably be only 12-15 two man teams AT MOST show up at Pueblo from CBC.  This means we only should send one team! 
I do agree that there should be a respectable entry fee.  Maybe not $200, but something higher than $50.  Let's say for the sake of arguement $100 entry fee per person.  Now let's say 15 teams show up (30 people).  That's three thousand dollar to be divided by the top three teams (6 people).  This equates into $500 assistance to each member of the team to advance on to state.
This means that the cost of going to this particular tournament is all out of pocket with a chance at winning nothing but $500 assistance to the State qualifier at a future date.  However, if being the best six man team (possibly winning a boat)  is what is desired than this shouldn't be a factor.

If you're fishing for money, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Ken Graham

The New Federation Nation offered this deal to all Federation members as a pot sweetener to get us to choose them over the FLW or whoever. They are saying to EACH member- Here is a chance for you to win a $4o,ooo. plus boat. Why should the clubs  now say to Each member- well we think only the best should go to this- some of you are not good enough to get a chance at the boat. I say if we are allowed to send 100 teams to the state tournament then thats how many should be allowed to go. Who ever fishes the best will go on- the rest had their chance and go on to something else. As far as someone dropping out, it is bound to happen- sickness, family emergency or what ever. There should be a provision for this happening with out penelizing the entire team. Qualified Alaternates must be available.

oldangler

• UB Member
Question about the article -  B.A.S.S. Federation Nation  Bass Club World Championship New for 2007- Under the line Teams will consist of three boaters and three non- boaters it says - Paired randomly(not with teammates) in draw format. Does that mean you won't be fishing with your club partner ? If so why would they do that?

toobman

• Fish Fear Me
I looked through he rules and it looks like once we determine the teams, 1, 6 person team plus 1 alternate per 12 club members, then the state qualifier is fished as a blind draw.  So it sounds to me like eventhough you're going as a team you will not fish together.  At the weigh in, each competitors weight will be combined with their team for the final weight.  They are leaving it up to the clubs to determine how they want to qualify their teams.  So we were mistaken, you will not be able to fish with your teammate, in fact you will not be allowed to fish with anyone from the same state.

Here are the rules from the BASS website:

B.A.S.S. FEDERATION NATION STATE QUALIFIER
  Open to all bass clubs. Clubs must be affiliated with State and National BASS Federation Nation
States will run events as they determine
Includes state entry fees as states determine for 2007
Six (6) angler teams progressing to BASS conducted regionals
Rosters must be sent to BASS in advance (date to be announced)
Six (6) angler team plus one (1) alternate must be from the same club
3 boaters and 3 non-boaters (blind draw)
State qualifiers will be held in 2007

B.A.S.S. FEDERATION NATION REGIONAL QUALIFIER
10 regions aligned with BASS Federation Nation States
Each state sends six 6 angler bass club teams
3 boaters and 3 non boaters (blind draw)
$250 entry per man or $1,500 per team

B.A.S.S. FEDERATION NATION BASS CLUB WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Top six clubs from the 10 regionals advance
3 boaters and 3 non boaters (blind draw)
No entry fee event at championship
Champion club receives 6 fully rigged Triton/Mercury packages
Championship Rings
Cash payouts down the line
Huge Bragging Rights

BASS FEDERATION NATION 6 MAN TEAM RULES
Will be consistent with current BASS

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Clubs may send one (1) team for every twelve (12) members in good standing. State tournament only limited in numbers by how many members in good standing that the clubs have.
State may send up to six (6) teams to the regional. Each region will have approximately five (5-6) states, give or take based on geography, for a goal of thirty (30) teams/90 boats.
Each Regional will send six (6) teams to the National Championship.
National Championship will consist of sixty (60) teams/180 boats. Complete program details will be available at a later date in early 2006.

Hope this clears some things up, It gets any muddier, we'll have to change baits.

Frank
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
Confucius

Frank Villa (toobman)  CBF Webmaster  CBC Webmaster

John

I guess the heart of my question is why do I have to spend an extra $300+  to go fish Pueblo if we're just going to send everyone to the state qualifier who wants to go anyway?  What would be the point of that?  We will be effectively costing ourselves more money! 

Ken, I feel you are absolutely correct.  Anybody who wants the opportunity to try and make the state team should feel more than welcome to show up at Pueblo, not at the State Qualifier itself.  I'd like to qualify for the Bassmasters Classic, but I don't think I'm allowed to just show up.

There obviously, naturally has to be a process of elimination.  When an employer is hiring to fill a position, anyone is welcome to apply.  Not everyone gets to make it to the first interview and even a smaller few make it to a second interview until it is finally dwindled down to a select few who have a chance of receiving the job.  There is no point in having a first interview if nothing is gained from it.

I, by no means, feel that I am in the top six of our club, but I feel that's who should get to go.  But, when I'm down at Pueblo I'll sure try and give 'em hell.

oldangler

• UB Member
I have a problem with the blind draw bit.  Let's see- the guy in the back of my boat is catching fish that count for some other team right? And my team buddy is catching half of our fish out of someone else's boat.  Like the Broncos send half the team to play for the Steelers and they send us half of their team to play on our side and if they score while playing for us it counts for the Steelers right? That ought to work in all sports huh ?  I don't know what these people are thinking when they come up with goofey ideas like this. The teams should all be playing on the same side PERIOD ! I'm losing interest in this deal real fast. Anyone interested in going fishing in a real Team tournament ?    KG

bwilson

• Smallmouth
  • FnG
No fair Mr. Graham, you beat me to it on this one.  This is beginning to sound like our own STQT and the exact same reason I am not fishing it.  Gary and I decided it would be more fun to fun pre-fish Merritt rather than go have no fun in the back of someone's boat who not only doesn't care if you catch a fish, but may intentionally front end you to save their team.  Give me a break!  If it's that way at the next level, I promise you I'm out of this thing right now.  Colorado Gambler

john

Agreed!  I was deceived by the 'team format'. I should of read the fine print huh?  I am rapidly losing any interest in participating in this.  The team idea sounded kind of neat.  6-12 guys representing our club as a team sounded real appealing.  I'm already dreading having to force the boater I draw to give me control of the boat for half the day this time around in 2 weeks.  Oh well, see y'all on the 18th I hope.

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB