Your Korean/Chinese reels

Started by LgMouthGambler, October 17, 2016, 02:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

LMG... I'm impressed, I didn't know you knew how to read Korean and Chinese!!  lo

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on October 17, 2016, 02:52:16 PM
LMG... I'm impressed, I didn't know you knew how to read Korean and Chinese!!  lo

Oh there a many a thing you don know abou ta me.  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on October 17, 2016, 03:04:25 PM
Oh there a many a thing you don know abou ta me.  lo

Hopefully you read Chinese better than you write English...  ~roflmao ....  8)

Mike Cork

There is obviously more to the stories than were shared on UB  :surrender:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

flowerjohn

That Doyo Cobra looks pretty damn good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldfart9999

Interesting. So what's the rest of the story?
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on October 17, 2016, 05:48:29 PM
Interesting. So what's the rest of the story?
Rodney
Nothing. Just thought some would like to see what the BPS/Pflugar/Lews/Quantum/Abu/Okuma reels look like in their markets.

<")))<{

flowerjohn

They must be expensive over there because the price on that cobra is over 300 dollars.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: flowerjohn on October 17, 2016, 07:29:30 PM
They must be expensive over there because the price on that cobra is over 300 dollars.

Depends on what their exchange rate is.

<")))<{

flowerjohn

That reel would still be high 200s  us

Tavery5

Dawon is another big Korean Mfg. They do a lot of the BPS reels.    Current exchange rate is 1 dollar = 1133 won.  I lived in Korea for a year, some things are very inexpensive there, fishing equipment is unfortunately not one of them if you are buying retail.   They always expect you to do a little haggling on the price, you can even do it at the grocery store.

SFL BassHunter

Some of those don't look half bad lol.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Tavery5

Quote from: rickdelprado on October 17, 2016, 08:44:19 PM
Some of those don't look half bad lol.

They're not bad, many of them are very good and will be all the reel a person would every need.   Just like everyone else they have low and high end options.

Dink Dawg

Here you go trying to make me figure out what's familiar about those reels when I have a tough enough time recognizing my house as I drive down the street. Honey!!! Where's my pills?

cojab

So how many American dollars for one of those Doyo/Lews??? ~shade
TTK has spoken.

SFL BassHunter

I don't understand anything on these sites except the pictures lol.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Smallie_Stalker

Those dang foreign countries will copy anything made in America................ ~shade   lo
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

FloridaFishinFool

My brand new Shimano curado is made in Malaysia. And I love my made in Korea Browning reels and Johnny Morris signature reels. All are smooth and work great.

And the Chinese are definitely catching up. I have a Tokushima spinning reel (HK3000) that is super smooth and effortless to use with 14 ball bearings, and has a proprietary oscillation gear no other reel companies use called parallel line lay- basically the spool moves in and out much slower than conventional and allows for more line to be spooled up than line constantly moved over top of other coils, this reel lays the line side by in a more compact way, and it has two ball bearings on the pinion gear, one on each end of the pinion gear with the AR bearing in between for a super steady wobble free rotor. Shimano stradic reels don't have any of this.
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

LgMouthGambler

Truth be told, and this may shock yall, but there is a Johnny Morris gold series reel that might be landing at my door tomorrow. For what i paid for this thing, its one helluva deal. Hopefully its in as good of shape as the pictures showed. Yes, I know, LMG got a Doyo reel. Lol.

<")))<{

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on October 18, 2016, 08:48:17 PM
Truth be told, and this may shock yall, but there is a Johnny Morris gold series reel that might be landing at my door tomorrow. For what i paid for this thing, its one helluva deal. Hopefully its in as good of shape as the pictures showed. Yes, I know, LMG got a Doyo reel. Lol.

<")))<{

Well you've just forfeit your right to make fun of us that use Lews!  ~c~

~flag
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rickdelprado on October 18, 2016, 09:04:35 PM
Well you've just forfeit your right to make fun of us that use Lews!  ~c~

~flag
Well, thatll never happen. Lol

<")))<{

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on October 18, 2016, 09:05:55 PM
Well, thatll never happen. Lol

<")))<{

No, no you don't seem to understand.

Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

SFL BassHunter

Florida Bass Fishing