18th st and Boca Rio

Started by LgMouthGambler, October 30, 2016, 12:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

The morning started off iffy. Wind was blowing a bit, then it was raining on and off on my way to get the boat. Well it stopped raining and then Jungle Love by Morris Day and the Times came on, and I figured it was gonna be a good day.
Got to the shop, and hooked up the boat. No LR tail light. Wire had come apart, but the good thing is I had plenty of supplies at the shop. Cut and splice and I was back in business.
Fought the wind on the highway and arrived at my destination. Launched,  and I ws on my way to get to the area of the canal that has the big wall to hopefully block the wind as I was planning and hoping.

Was gonna play with a spook, but I had a 3/0 hook and a 1/8oz weight tied to my Curado50E. What the heck, lets have some fun, and boy did we. I was picking up good fish and they were putting up a fun fight with this little rig. Its been a while since I have used it, and it was getting a workout.

I had one of the Mega Chomp inline buzzbaits on the JM Gold reel, but the fish didnt seem to want anything but the UV worms. Lizards or creature baits were a no go. With the wind I guess they were on the hunt, and they were hitting hard.

Right at this moment, I had a hard thump. Feeling a massive weight on the other end, I set the hook as hard as I could. Then th line started coming off the spool. Was a good sizd fish, close to the 5lb mark. Fought here for a good 15 seconds, and she was coming up. I did all I could to keep her from jumping, but she was going airborne. She leeped, and there went the hook with the massive shaking. She was preety though. Oh well.
Then after that disappointment, another good thump and in came this one.

And there some more. Many and many in the 2lb range.

And it was time to head back because the wind got nuts, and I had fished the whole canal section I wanted to.

And there was this guy.

<")))<{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Very productive outing my friend. Good job!!

rockchalk06

Lipripper

Thanks for the report Matt and looks like you found the fish today. ~c~ ~c~ To bad that big one got off but sometimes you can't stop them from going up in the air no matter how hard you try. :'(

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

FlatsNBay

Nice report. Sounds like a great day!

SFL BassHunter

Wow hell of a productive day out there! Nice!!!!  ~c~
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

big g

WTG Matt!  Nice report on a less then ideal day. ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

rchiuz

Nice outing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is the worst thing about being a bank fisher? Always having to watch out for dog poop LOL

j102

You had a great day. Nice!
Great report. Thanks for sharing.

West6550

Deadeye

Dang them canals must be a blast to fish! Nice job on finding them.

Donald Garner

Congrats on the catching ~c~  Tks for sharing the pictures with us also.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

flowerjohn

Way to nail em brother!!! Great to see !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk