18th St and Boca Rio 11/13/16

Started by LgMouthGambler, November 13, 2016, 05:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Got out today with my ole muchacho Lou. Took him out to the canal so he could see what its like there. We met at the ramp at 6am and headed towards the Northern area. We stopped at the pond by the golf course to catch an early bite. After trolling around in there we continued up the canal to the North. Stopped almost to the end and fished our way up a bit. Then after that we headed all the way up to the end and fished back South. We caught plenty of fish, though it was a bit slow. Lou was impressive as he was killing them on the frog all damn day! It was fun to watch as the fish were hitting just off the bank. Open water, not much cover, and he is out there frogging. Lol. I caught my fish mostly on UV worms, swimbaits, and a few on lizards and a Rockchalk special swimjig. We called it about noon. Oh, and again the best hit of the day was when Lou seen this one pipe where water was getting drawn through to the opposite side of it. So he tosses the frog and lets the water flow take it into the pipe. A few jiggles and the damn fish breached the water in the pipe and destroyed the frog! It was just amazing to see. Enjoy the pics.

<")))<{
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Thanks for the invite brother. Had a blast as always. Fish were playing hard to get, but we still  managed to stick a few chunks nonetheless. Oh...btw... did you mean to say "muchacho"? Lol!!

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lipripper

Thanks for the report and looks like y'all had  a great morning fishing. ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

big g

WTG guys, lots of action = a fun day! ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

FlatsNBay

West6550

ccr425

rockchalk06

Man I wanna take a road trip something bad lo

flowerjohn

Great to see those fish fellas. How in the heck did you get Lou on the water by six? Lol!! Great report guys. Cheers. J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: flowerjohn on November 13, 2016, 09:19:54 PM
Great to see those fish fellas. How in the heck did you get Lou on the water by six? Lol!! Great report guys. Cheers. J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I told him to be there by 5, lol. This way if he was late (spanish) we would still launch on time at 6.

<")))>{

Deadeye

Looks like a good day to me! Glad you guys had fun and caught some fish.

j102

Nice job guys! Glad you both had fun!

Donald Garner

Guys congrats on the catching  ~c~ ~c~  Tks for sharing the photo with us also.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Lee Smith

Damnit!  ~c~  ~c~  ~c~  Gotta see if I can hop a train headin' that way!!  ;D
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods