Bank Fishing: Finding Lures on the Bank

Started by scudzilla66, December 12, 2016, 01:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scudzilla66

Hey Guys,

One of the great things I like about bank fishing is finding lures in trees, bushes, and stuck up on shore and liberating them. This past season I had pretty good luck finding about 6 or 7 good lures to add to the box. It always helps to get a few back after donating so many to the lake gods.

The best I found was a Whopper Plopper and a Lucky Craft Square bill.

Anybody else have some good luck liberating lures?

cortman

It's sure a fun feeling when you find one. I usually fish private ponds thought so almost never for me. And on the lakes I fish it's only catfish hooks and bobbers. :(

Capt. BassinLou

I haven't found a good lure in a while. My latest however, I was on Okeechobee and hooked into someone's recently cut braided line. I retrieved the line by hand and and found a nice sinker, hook, and fresh Gambler worm attached on the other end.   lo

LgMouthGambler

If you follow Rick around you may find his stuff stuck in trees.  ~roflmao
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

analfisherman

River2Sea s-weaver, St.CroixUL 6' Primer w/Mitchel Reel (actually put that in paper trying to find owner...didn't) Old Timer Folding knife, ..........a lot of bags of plastics....that was all I found this year.

I know/fish a Lake that has extreme wealth on it and as some may know.........WI. is known for beer drinking.  :)
I fish at dawn and often these slobs leave their cans behind......so if I have to cart their cans to the trash....I might as well take the tackle they leave lay too.  ;D

Here's even a better story...........I was casting a worn out Wake bait that no longer floated to surface and I long casted and left bail closed.........snap.....went at least 50 yards.
Three weeks later a friend and I were casting the shore line on OPPOSITE side of the lagoon......AND HE SNAGGED IT BECAUSE IT STILL HAD LINE ATTACHED.
Came over and showed me the lure.......sure enough it was the one I lost.....very good bait but beat to heck from catching mucho bass on it and I already replaced it with a new one.....so I told him to keep it.
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: scudzilla66 on December 12, 2016, 01:57:15 PM
Hey Guys,

One of the great things I like about bank fishing is finding lures in trees, bushes, and stuck up on shore and liberating them. This past season I had pretty good luck finding about 6 or 7 good lures to add to the box. It always helps to get a few back after donating so many to the lake gods.

The best I found was a Whopper Plopper and a Lucky Craft Square bill.

Anybody else have some good luck liberating lures?

If you ever come down here to south florida can you let me know if you find some of my lures? I like to decorate trees around here. Hang lures up like christmas ornaments.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

snakeeater

In over 50 years of fishing from my small boat or an inner tube, I can safely say I've found a great many lures...I have no idea how many.  I have a big two sided Plano box (also "found", since it was given to me used) that is absolutely full of nothing but "liberated" lures.  Now I have lost a few as well, as has everyone, but I've found more than I've lost by a huge factor.  That's not to count the many used plastics I've found that can be re-melted or shortened to make other lures, like grubs. 

Most of the liberated ones will just sit in the box, since I use mostly worms, beetles, and bead head nymphs now.  I oughtta have a garage sale soon just to free up some space... ~cf
If it bites, I'll fish for it....

Mossive

I found two yesterday and landed my PB on one off them! Haven't tried the other yet and the first was working so well

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

basss

I'm more of lure donator than a lure finder ... welcome.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

Capt. BassinLou

Lipripper

Quote from: basss on January 09, 2017, 03:07:12 PM
I'm more of lure donator than a lure finder ... welcome.
Are you related to Rick. lo lo

Quote from: Mossive on December 23, 2016, 09:49:43 PM
I found two yesterday and landed my PB on one off them! Haven't tried the other yet and the first was working so well

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Good for you and how much did it weigh?

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SFL BassHunter

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Mossive

Quote from: Lipripper on January 09, 2017, 03:43:18 PM
Good for you and how much did it weigh?

Just a shade under 5lbs, three others were between 3 and 4lbs. All in less than 20 casts. it was an unreal experience

big g

Over the years I have found a number of baits, many still attached to line.  I have found rattle traps, deep divers, and top water.  I have had two unusual occurrences.  On L67 in the heart of the glades I was throwing a new Bill Dance deep diving crankbait on the south side of the canal.  I hooked a nice decent size bass that went airbourne several times breaking the line.  It was a loud noise crankbait, and an hour later I heard a load rattle across the canal about 100 yards away.  The rattle kept going off every few minutes.  I trolled over the area and found my bass still attached and another treble attached to a lylly pad.  I recovered the bass and my lure.  A one in a million shot. :shocking:

In Ohio while in college I found a bunch of line on the bank all tangled in weeds.  While pulling it in, I felt movement on the line.  To my surprise there was a nice 5 pound bass on the line.  I think the guy broke off and left the worm in the water.  A bass came bye and hooked itself. :shocking:
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

basss

Quote from: Mossive on December 23, 2016, 09:49:43 PM

:surrender:
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

Mossive

Quote from: big g on January 10, 2017, 06:25:16 PM
Over the years I have found a number of baits, many still attached to line.  I have found rattle traps, deep divers, and top water.  I have had two unusual occurrences.  On L67 in the heart of the glades I was throwing a new Bill Dance deep diving crankbait on the south side of the canal.  I hooked a nice decent size bass that went airbourne several times breaking the line.  It was a loud noise crankbait, and an hour later I heard a load rattle across the canal about 100 yards away.  The rattle kept going off every few minutes.  I trolled over the area and found my bass still attached and another treble attached to a lylly pad.  I recovered the bass and my lure.  A one in a million shot. :shocking:

In Ohio while in college I found a bunch of line on the bank all tangled in weeds.  While pulling it in, I felt movement on the line.  To my surprise there was a nice 5 pound bass on the line.  I think the guy broke off and left the worm in the water.  A bass came bye and hooked itself. :shocking:

that's awesome!

creekbasser

I go wade fishing on rivers near where I live. Some of the trees on the smaller rivers look like Christmas trees there are so many spinners and cranks in the trees. Unfortunately they are usually 25 ft off the ground. I did find a buzzbait right outside my house in a tree hanging over the canal I live on. Only bait worth any value I have found.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Lipripper

Quote from: creekbasser on January 11, 2017, 01:37:10 PM
I go wade fishing on rivers near where I live. Some of the trees on the smaller rivers look like Christmas trees there are so many spinners and cranks in the trees. Unfortunately they are usually 25 ft off the ground. I did find a buzzbait right outside my house in a tree hanging over the canal I live on. Only bait worth any value I have found.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Welcome to Ultimate Bass and if you would please stop by here and introduce yourself to everyone. Thanks.
Let Us Get To Know You

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

rockchalk06

Quote from: cortman on December 12, 2016, 02:36:50 PM
It's sure a fun feeling when you find one. I usually fish private ponds thought so almost never for me. And on the lakes I fish it's only catfish hooks and bobbers. :(

Same here. I usually snag them when running a crank too.

Oldfart9999

Found a spinning rod with a "Quick" reel in the stream I was walking once. had an area I could grab baits folks snagged from shore, the yakers get em now. Launching my boat one day there was a Shimano outfit, pretty new, it was there when I got back, use it for jerks.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

robeng

I always go looking right during ice out.  They have sat there or washed up from last season before hard water.