375v setup

Started by ranger1882, January 12, 2017, 11:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranger1882

82 375v  (18') w/ 86 135 black max with 25m prop ...i'm posting here instead of props because i'm looking for guys who have or had this boat ( or similar hull ) setup with a 4 blade prop - i plan on adding a 6" jack plate, 4 blade prop ...what prop(brand) and what prop to pad measurement did you have , and what were your numbers for rpm / mph ... i don't have good options around me to try different props and i want to buy online, i will have it worked later, just looking to get close
I don't fish to escape life...I fish to live it

Mike Cork

My dad had this 373 with a 150. I think it was the same year, if not it was very close.

He had a slightly larger motor but he played with a lot of set ups and a lot of research. All said and done a 23 pitch prop with no jack plate was the best.

We have a couple ranger guys that should stop in and help too.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

ranger1882

mike, thanks... 373 is the same hull , and i'm finding a lot of info with 150 hp , but not 135... surprised about no jack plate though...was that prop a 4 blade ?

Bud Kennedy

Ranger, I think you got a different deal.  It is my humble opinion that you are a bit underpowered for your particular hull.  This means that you will first have to pay particular attention to your set up to insure that you have a reasonable prop to pad measurement.  Once you can communicate that then prop selection may be a bit more informed.  I run a 4 blade on my 365V with a 150hp and it does ok.  Hole shot is reasonable but not ultra fantastic.  General performance is typical with top speed about 60 or so. My prop to pad measurement is 3.5".

My last ranger was a model 330V with a 120hp and is was very marginal in performance and did not handle well or get on plan on that good but it got the job done.

ranger1882

i feel as though i should have a 150 myself, but in the meantime, which way would i lean in prop size to help ease the workload on the 135... right now i'm thinking 23" 4 blade , but that could change from brand to brand based on cupping and rake ? i know cup can be worked , but i'm still not sure how rake might work in relation to hole shot and top speed , or how hard the motor is working... again , i know i'm talking props in a ranger thread, but i'm trying to learn how they apply to my particular hull - i guess i'm also talking motor too ! ::)

Mike Cork

He ran a three blade when tournament fishing and a 4 blade for skis and tubes. He had that boat for 25 years! Even after he sold it he'd go by the guys house a couple times a week and make sure the cover was on properly  ~roflmao no kidding he loved that boat

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

ranger1882

ha ha ... i guess he did love that boat !! - i'm kinda feeling that way already about mine too ... :)