Trailer Lights

Started by zdp95, November 02, 2015, 12:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zdp95

Hey everyone,
So yesterday I was going to pick up my boat from its bay and all of a sudden the trailer lights are not working anymore. They were all operable the day before but now none of them work at all. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Polaris425

Check the fuse in your truck to start....

If it's good check your ground on the trailer.

Those are the two most common  issues.
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

Lipripper

Quote from: Polaris425 on November 02, 2015, 01:14:58 PM

x2 that's what I was thinking also.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

hughesjasonk

Quote from: Polaris425 on November 02, 2015, 01:14:58 PM

X3....

Princeton_Man

I hate trailer light problems. Bigwrench fixed mine. Saved me a load of trouble and expense. I did learn that on GMC/Chevy with the towing pkg, there is a big relay involved. Yup, I bought one.... didn't need it.  lo Hopefully you've resolved the problem by now? -Jim
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

ʇuǝɹq™

I'm having this same problem too. I'm glad this was posted. I hope can find the smoking gun. The last thing I want to do is rewire my whole trailer.

oldjim

Go to E trailer.com. they have a color coded diagram that you can use to find problems. A 9 or 12v battery and some clips and you can idenitfy which lights are working without hooking boat to trailer.
Oldjim

Kris

One of the things that I found priceless is a plug in flat four with LEDs to determine if everything in the truck is working.  Plug it into the truck, turn on the running lights, have some one step on the brakes and work the turn signals.  Truck checked out.  Then you can take oldjim's advise and check out the diagram on Etrailer.  I have also seen them in the round seven pin like for my RV trailer to a flat four too.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

ʇuǝɹq™

Thanks for the tips. I'll check E trailer out.