DOBYNS FURY FR705CB REVIEW

Started by Jerod22, February 01, 2017, 05:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerod22

In this video I review the Dobyns Fury FR705CB.  I tell you what like like about it. I talk about how great this $100 class rod performs and feels in your hands.  I go in to a little of why Gary Dobyns took so long to make a $100 class rod.  I also show you my newest Dobyns Fury rod. 

https://youtu.be/DIylbO5MS58

Lipripper

Nice vodeo and looks like a great rod. ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Smallie_Stalker

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this rod.  ~c~

I've got to tell you that you are right about something you said in the video. You said the Fury will give some other companies $150 rods a run for the money. I can tell you that my Fury 733c is as good as, and in some ways better than my $180 ABU Veracitiy rods.

I will eventually be replacing all of my Veritas and Veracity rods with Dobyns over the next couple of years.

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

zippyduck

Nice review but you said it was a glass rod and it is a graphite rod. It was designed with a parabolic bend for cranking.
Everything else is on the money.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Jerod22

Ya after I posted the video I realized that. I was hoping nobody would catch that. Lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jerod22

Did a quick edit last night no more glass rod.  Cant get anything past you guys here at U.B.  Smallie I think you might have been the guy who told me about the Fury line up before it came out if my memory serves me right.

Smallie_Stalker

Not sure if it was me or not, but I'll take the credit, in which case my commission is due.............. ;) ~shade lo

Kris

Hi Jerod, I just purchased two more Dobyns Rods.  I go a 705CB and a 734C to go with my 765flip.  I am really impressed with the Fury line and will probably get a couple more in the near future.  Thanks for the review and I will let everybody know what I think once I get started fishing again.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

Jerod22

Check probably got lost in the mail smallie.  Chris how do you like the flippping stick??  Thought about making that my next rod.

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Jerod22 on February 06, 2017, 04:53:43 PM
Check probably got lost in the mail smallie.  Chris how do you like the flippping stick??  Thought about making that my next rod.

Story of my life.  lo

Kris

Quote from: Jerod22 on February 06, 2017, 04:53:43 PM
I really like the 765flip.  It has been many years since I have serious flipping but I do like this rod.  I am rusty as hell but that isn't the rods fault.  I like the whole Fury line and intend to buy a couple more this Season.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat