Does Dropbox play well with all browsers?

Started by rockchalk06, February 25, 2017, 10:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockchalk06

I use Dropbox to host and store my pictures that I post online. I do the same for LMG as well. Lately it seems a few people have said they cannot see the pictures? Said links were bad? I run IOS, macOS Sierra, Windows 7, windows 11, IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari with zero issues. All can be seen just fine.

LMG runs Chrome on an Android and can see them just fine too.

Any idears?

Mike Cork

I can't get used to Dropbox and don't use it hardly at all.

But I see all your stuff just fine. Firefox and safari

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

rockchalk06

Quote from: Mike Cork on February 27, 2017, 07:49:42 AM
I can't get used to Dropbox and don't use it hardly at all.

But I see all your stuff just fine. Firefox and safari

It takes some getting used to, but its free and I have a ton of space. With my Mac's, I have the icon in the header that has all the photo's in order. After uploading them, one click will host the picture, make it live and copy the link for me. Makes it pretty quick when hosting pictures.

Same goes for mobile. It's the fastest I've found at hosting and posting a picture to forums other than Tapatalk.

Mike Cork

Sounds like it might be worth playing with more.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

rockchalk06

Quote from: Mike Cork on February 27, 2017, 07:55:01 AM
Sounds like it might be worth playing with more.

If you pin a browser window in IE, it basically does the same thing, just not as fast.

Dropbox ends their links with a zero. Change the 0 to a 1 and the link will go live and host at any forum.

I use an app to resize the photo's to around 800x600 then host them. Your software here will automatically resize the photo when you tag the img link though. Saves space and doesn't make the pictures look giagantic. To get the HDR and live photo's on my iPhone 7 plus, I have to leave them full size otherwise they look bad when you take them.

caddyjoe77

BeerMe