Slow down...

Started by cport, April 11, 2017, 06:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cport

So, I'm at the pond, and been flipping flukes at cover, with one dink to show. Cast to a nice looking spot and decide to light a smoke. After I get it going, I start picking up slack and notice my line moving. Bow to the fish, hookset, and bring in a 14 incher

Moral of the story...remember to let that fluke, stickbait, worm, or jig to float down, sit there, and work it's bassy magic. I find that especially when my time is limited I will work a bait too fast.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

zippyduck

Hardest thing in bass fishing to do. I always try to start slow because slowing down is even harder to do.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

SFL BassHunter

I slowed down BIG time this last year. Even slower than before, which was already slow.
My catch rate went up, the quality of fish also went up.

Don't get me wrong, some days a fast moving bait worked well. But some days you just have to slow to a crawl. Like Zippy I start slow. It's easier to speed up. I start to speed up until I find the right retrieve speed.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Thanks for the report and most of the time slow is the way to go with these kind of baits. ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet