Bassmaster Classic Highlights on Day one

Started by Mike Cork, March 25, 2017, 11:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

As always the classic is a whirl wind of meetings, louncheons, breakfast meetings and then the expo and weigh ins....

We are running behind getting articles published but look to the videos for faster updates on Ultimate Bass Facebook page.

Here is an article and link to a behind the scenes look at day one weigh in

http://ultimatebass.com/fishing/bass-fishing-news/bass-fishing-industry-news/2017-bassmaster-classic-on-lake-conroe-texas/

Ron has provided some indepth looks at the Expo from set up to day one activities

http://ultimatebass.com/fishing/bass-fishing-news/bass-fishing-industry-news/2017-bassmaster-classic-expo-a-look-behind-the-scenes/

http://ultimatebass.com/fishing/bass-fishing-news/bass-fishing-industry-news/bassmaster-classic-2017-expo-day-one/

We missed a meeting today so I'm going to use the time to get some more footage of the expo, I'll be putting that all together over the next couple days.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

I can see where it would be crazy with everything going on  ~sweat Thanks for all y'all are doing down there Mike ans Laurie and Ron. ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Mike, Ron
Tks for putting the videos together.  Great job guys  ~c~ ~c~
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: Lipripper on March 25, 2017, 01:17:48 PM
I can see where it would be crazy with everything going on  ~sweat Thanks for all y'all are doing down there Mike ans Laurie and Ron. ~c~ ~c~

Lip, Don't you dare feel sorry for them.  Heck man they are at the Classic, Special and VIP passes, Great meals lots of social activity and of course the Expo and those benefits.  No More Mr. Nice Guy.  They better be bringing all of us something.
~roflmao ~roflmao

Captsteve

Steve
Headed for the Lake

kadas

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on March 25, 2017, 02:35:51 PM
Lip, Don't you dare feel sorry for them.  Heck man they are at the Classic, Special and VIP passes, Great meals lots of social activity and of course the Expo and those benefits.  No More Mr. Nice Guy.  They better be bringing all of us something.
~roflmao ~roflmao
While I do appreciate the vids and reports--THANKS!!--I do agree with Bud--I can think of a lot worse duty than attending the Classic and all the extras that go with that ;)

Mike Cork

~shhh ~shhh hey quit giving away the secrets....  ~roflmao

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

We did have all you can eat fried shrimp and beef brisket at Lunch on Thursday. Friday was some kind of gormet ravioli which was more expensive than my taste buds have ever tasted. Today was a melt in your mouth brisket.... we get wore out from all the special events but they definitely feed you good  ~c~

We'll have to take a photo of all the "promotional" stuff from fancy tackle bags to clothing :-*

But please understand it's hard work turning down after parties because we have to work ~beer~

Cork's Reel Service

-Shawn-

I can Vouch for Laurie, Mike and Fogy doing Work... They're putting in a ton of Hours and camera Batteries right now.. The Expo is huge!

Kris

Thanks Mike, Laurie, Ron and everybody for doing what you do so the Ultimate Bass Members experience the BEST bass fishing forum there is.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

cojab

Quote from: Mike Cork on March 25, 2017, 11:29:32 PM

But please understand it's hard work turning down after parties because we have to work ~beer~

You might need a proxy to make sure UB is represented at those parties next year Mike.

I'm pretty good at drinkin beer  ~beer~ and I'm sure I could get a couple days off!  ;D ;D
TTK has spoken.

mygreenihc

Mike,  will you be at next years Classic in Greenville?  I might see you there if you are.

Brad

Mike Cork

Classics are very expensive, it's about 1.6k when it's all said and done. Food room tolls parking was 25 a day  :o gas.... some of that was personal purchases...

The penny jar is started. I love S.C. But it's about 1.1k miles so that along triples my fuel costs.

Maybe a go fund the Cork's and Fogelson's page is in order LOL

On that note, Ron paid his whole way and didn't even let me buy them dinner. Ron is a giant part of UB and does everything Volunteer huge Thank Yous to him  ~c~ :toot:

Cork's Reel Service

Bud Kennedy

No worries Mike, There will be a bunch of us in Greenville next year even if it is just to check out the expo. We even expect Big Wrench to get healed enough to be there if we are lucky.