Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FISH520

The seller was kinda taken back that I would rather have the Curado over 2 Fuegos. Hell so was I lol. But yes they are damn hard to find and I'm happy to be a owner of one.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: FISH520 on August 01, 2017, 04:19:44 AM
The seller was kinda taken back that I would rather have the Curado over 2 Fuegos. Hell so was I lol. But yes they are damn hard to find and I'm happy to be a owner of one.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
So how in the world did he send you that reel? Was it supposed to go to someone else?

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

FISH520

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 01, 2017, 05:22:36 AM
So how in the world did he send you that reel? Was it supposed to go to someone else?

<")))>{
The guy that was selling the Fuegos asked me if i was interested in a Curado 51e. So instead of getting the Fuegos i got that lil beauty! Damn things never come up for sale so i had to. He also has an older Dobyns Extreme 743 that i am trying to justify.

LgMouthGambler

You should have asked him for a package deal. That's the "Monkey" way. Lol

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

rockchalk06

Quote from: cojab on July 31, 2017, 10:15:22 PM
OK, not hating here, a legitimate question.
What made those little 50E reels so damned special? I hear they're like finding hens teeth to get one.

His obsession with the 50e is like mine with the Core 100 series. Shimano just did something right with those reels.

If memory serves me correct, the Curado 50e was the first in the E series 50's.

The 50e was so popular that they made the Chronarch 50e identical except for the color. I don't know if a company has had so many spin offs as Shimano has with the E series 50's.

Curado 50e
Chronarch 50e
Scorpion 1000 XT
Core 50MG7
Aldebaran MG7
Aldebaran MG
Brenious
Aldebaran BFS
Aldebaran BFS XG Limited

caddyjoe77

BeerMe

FISH520

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 01, 2017, 05:44:04 AM
You should have asked him for a package deal. That's the "Monkey" way. Lol

<")))>{
He told me about the rod after the reel was in route  ~xyz lol.

FISH520

FISH520

Quote from: rockchalk06 on August 01, 2017, 05:44:17 AM

His obsession with the 50e is like mine with the Core 100 series. Shimano just did something right with those reels.

The 50e was so popular that they made the Chronarch 50e identical except for the color. I don't know if a company has had so many spin offs as Shimano has with the E series 50's.

Curado 50e
Chronarch 50e
Scorpion 1000 XT
Core 50MG7
Aldebaran MG7
Aldebaran MG
Brenious
Aldebaran BFS
Aldebaran BFS XG Limited
Aldebaran mg7 is next in my sight!

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rockchalk06 on August 01, 2017, 05:44:17 AM

Curado 50e
Chronarch 50e
Scorpion 1000 XT
Core 50MG7
Aldebaran MG7
Aldebaran MG
Brenious
Aldebaran BFS
Aldebaran BFS XG Limited

That is correct, the CU50E was first. Then JDM Shimano brought the 09Aldebaran MG. Off that, USDM brought the Core50MG7. Then, when Shimano tried to pull a sly one with the Chronarch (painted Curado E series), they brought the 50 with it.

rockchalk06

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 01, 2017, 07:16:57 AM
That is correct, the CU50E was first. Then JDM Shimano brought the 09Aldebaran MG. Off that, USDM brought the Core50MG7. Then, when Shimano tried to pull a sly one with the Chronarch (painted Curado E series), they brought the 50 with it.

That's what I thought.

The whole Curado to Chronarch paint job pissed a lot of people off. Then to have Shimano say it was more than just a paint job made it worse.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rockchalk06 on August 01, 2017, 07:46:57 AM
That's what I thought.

The whole Curado to Chronarch paint job pissed a lot of people off. Then to have Shimano say it was more than just a paint job made it worse.

It was more than just a paint job...it was a REALLY UGLY paint job.  lo

In a way I am kinda mad that I sold the 2 that I had, but I couldnt take the paint job anymore.

flowerjohn

Bait monkey made his way north of the border. Must have hidden himself in Rosie O'Donnell's undees!!!

In transit!!

Message sent via the FC Network.

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: flowerjohn on August 05, 2017, 01:56:23 PM
Bait monkey made his way north of the border. Must have hidden himself in Rosie O'Donnell's undees!!!

In transit!!

Congrats on the purchase bud.  With the size of those undees I'm surprised there was only one monkey hiding in there. I guess then it was shipped in an oversized, heavyweight container.  ;) ~shade  lo
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Lipripper

In transit!!

Nice looking reel John and like Smallie said more than one monkey could hide in them undies.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Oldfart9999

In transit!!

Did you fumigate everything?
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

flowerjohn

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on August 05, 2017, 06:00:36 PM
Did you fumigate everything?
Rodney

Rodney I just checked with the federales and because of budget cuts they are gonna have to wait for a bit. Intel says Whoopie may be crossing around midnite with a slew more of them bush bandits so for right now it's a wait and see situation. 

caddyjoe77

Quote from: flowerjohn on August 05, 2017, 06:08:49 PM
Rodney I just checked with the federales and because of budget cuts they are gonna have to wait for a bit. Intel says Whoopie may be crossing around midnite with a slew more of them bush bandits so for right now it's a wait and see situation. 

lo lo lo
BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

Sandman7925

Quote from: rockchalk06 on August 01, 2017, 07:46:57 AM
That's what I thought.

A chronarch is just a curado with different paint? Educate me please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockchalk06

Quote from: Sandman7925 on August 05, 2017, 07:16:59 PM
A chronarch is just a curado with different paint? Educate me please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not anymore. We were referencing the Curado 200 E series and the Chronarch 200 E series.

Oldfart9999

Quote from: flowerjohn on August 05, 2017, 06:08:49 PM

Please don't send that stink cloud across the lake!!! :surrender: :surrender: :shocking: :surrender: :help:
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

j102

In transit!!

Congrats Flowerjohn! Nice reel! Let us know how you like it once it arrives.

LgMouthGambler

And I see Joe found him that 3.8 Bantam Curado. Lol

<")))>{

caddyjoe77

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 06, 2017, 07:53:12 PM
And I see Joe found him that 3.8 Bantam Curado. Lol

<")))>{

indeed sir, i did!!!  There is another prize coming too  lo

After throwing that 5.1 greenie I got from my dad i needed another for very limited applications......A Rig and big swimbaits. 
BeerMe