Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lipripper

Quote from: Sandman7925 on August 18, 2018, 12:11:14 PM
It's got spaces for 3 more rods but I'm gonna make another set to mount on the wall. When needed anyways. Took like 30 minutes and about $15 worth of lumber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's waiting till you make and mount the new one then he will start whispering in your ear how eampty it is and tha tyou need to get some more to put in there.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Sandman7925 on August 18, 2018, 11:50:18 AM
Making room for the bait monkey by making some rod holders for the man cave. Was overdue for this.

Wow thats awesome!
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SteveTX

Very nice.
I prefer the vertical style so they don't tend to let gravity work them over so much.
But that is very nice looking.  ~c~

cbburke

Nice job you did there. I plan to do that when I get my own man cave (garage).

Quote from: Sandman7925 on August 18, 2018, 11:50:18 AM
Making room for the bait monkey by making some rod holders for the man cave. Was overdue for this.

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."

Sandman7925

Quote from: cbburke on August 20, 2018, 11:50:29 PM
Nice job you did there. I plan to do that when I get my own man cave (garage).

Thanks. It's easy. 1" x 3" wood. Holes are 1 1/2" diameter spaced 6 inches apart center hole to center hole. Clamp your boards together so when you cut a hole through one you do both at the same time. Then on one board cut some slots with a skill saw.

LgMouthGambler

Found a killer deal on a Steez, pulled the trigger. FML

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

caddyjoe77

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 21, 2018, 08:23:47 PM
Found a killer deal on a Steez, pulled the trigger. FML

<")))>{

I'll be waiting for your text in a couple weeks if I want to buy it.   lo
BeerMe

Sandman7925

Tackle wharehouse has a special in that if you buy an stx Revo reel get a veritas rod for $15 So I had to do it.  Don't know anything about that reel but I got spaces to fill in the rod rack. Got the 7'6" medium heavy rod. Hope the reel isn't garbage.

Lipripper

Quote from: Sandman7925 on August 22, 2018, 05:17:37 PM
Tackle wharehouse has a special in that if you buy an stx Revo reel get a veritas rod for $15 So I had to do it.  Don't know anything about that reel but I got spaces to fill in the rod rack. Got the 7'6" medium heavy rod. Hope the reel isn't garbage.

If LMG reads this post he will let you know if it is.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Sandman7925

Quote from: Lipripper on August 22, 2018, 05:52:43 PM
If LMG reads this post he will let you know if it is.  ;D

I'm sure he will. As long as it will throw a frog I'll be ok with it.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Sandman7925 on August 22, 2018, 06:33:02 PM
I'm sure he will. As long as it will throw a frog I'll be ok with it.

Its the new Gen4 STX? If so, enjoy, the Gen 4 Revos are crazy good for the money.

<")))>{

Sandman7925

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 22, 2018, 08:04:54 PM
Its the new Gen4 STX? If so, enjoy, the Gen 4 Revos are crazy good for the money.

<")))>{

It is a gen4! Thanks I won't cancel the order now.

cport

Speaking of Abu Garcia, I went to check out that stx, and saw they had the new Revo rocket for preorder. Get this...10.1:1 gear ratio.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Sandman7925

Quote from: cport on August 22, 2018, 09:13:26 PM
Speaking of Abu Garcia, I went to check out that stx, and saw they had the new Revo rocket for preorder. Get this...10.1:1 gear ratio.

How fast can a bass swim?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: cport on August 22, 2018, 09:13:26 PM

Crazy right?! They had to up the ratio because of the smaller profile and spool to get the same IPT results, but still crazy fast. Great for flipping/pitching quickly to cover more water faster.

<")))>{

Oldfart9999

And I used to think 4:11s were the nuts!!! ~roflmao
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

cport

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 23, 2018, 02:50:08 AM
Crazy right?! They had to up the ratio because of the smaller profile and spool to get the same IPT results, but still crazy fast. Great for flipping/pitching quickly to cover more water faster.

<")))>{

Actually, the IPT is 4" more than the 9.0:1 version. 41" vs 37" (41", almost three and a half feet, two inches more than a meter. Holy Cow!). And it seems to be a little heavier than the previous version, 7.3 oz Vs. 6.5 oz. So if it is a smaller profile and spool, did they beef it up somewhere, like changing frame materials or something? If so, you are definitely right, that would be a perfect flipping/pitching reel, and I'm sure good for frogging.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: cport on August 23, 2018, 07:16:45 AM
Actually, the IPT is 4" more than the 9.0:1 version. 41" vs 37" (41", almost three and a half feet, two inches more than a meter. Holy Cow!). And it seems to be a little heavier than the previous version, 7.3 oz Vs. 6.5 oz. So if it is a smaller profile and spool, did they beef it up somewhere, like changing frame materials or something? If so, you are definitely right, that would be a perfect flipping/pitching reel, and I'm sure good for frogging.

Yeah, its a whole new animal, and built a bit more stout. The Gen4 Revos are something impressive. I personally like the ergonomics of the Gen4 over the Gen3. If you like the Gen3, I have a NIB one.

cport

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 23, 2018, 07:39:28 AM
Yeah, its a whole new animal, and built a bit more stout. The Gen4 Revos are something impressive. I personally like the ergonomics of the Gen4 over the Gen3. If you like the Gen3, I have a NIB one.
LOL I know. I sold a lot of those for the bait monkey, remember? No thanks bro, one is enough.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

SteveTX

Quote from: Sandman7925 on August 22, 2018, 09:15:06 PM
How fast can a bass swim?
Ive read somewhere 12 mph burst. Sounds slow but the insane speed at which it can go from absolute zero to that may be breath taking quick.

cport

I have lost bass that are swimming to me, trying to catch up with them, mostly on slower gear ratio spinning rigs. I had one try that with my rocket the other day, no sir, and when I felt him within a second, he reversed course.

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

LgMouthGambler

caddyjoe77

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 29, 2018, 07:02:50 PM
My Lamborghini is here.

<")))>{

Nice!!!  Let me know when you're ready to sell it 😂😂
BeerMe

cport

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 29, 2018, 07:02:50 PM
My Lamborghini is here.

<")))>{
Ooooohhhhhh purdy