Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfart9999

Quote from: Lipripper on September 29, 2017, 01:22:30 PM
Sounds like that monkey got your number.  lo lo
I'm upgrading some equipment, better rods, newer reels. That's 2 spinning outfits and 1 baitcaster replacing some old Quantum AC 500s and Bionic Blades, those will go into the Church Garage sale next year or will be traded on new outfits next year. I'll be paring down what I carry and doing it with new, better quality.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on September 30, 2017, 05:55:04 PM
I'm upgrading some equipment, better rods, newer reels. That's 2 spinning outfits and 1 baitcaster replacing some old Quantum AC 500s and Bionic Blades, those will go into the Church Garage sale next year or will be traded on new outfits next year. I'll be paring down what I carry and doing it with new, better quality.
Rodney
Yelp we got to upgrade ever so often which means feeding the monkey.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SFL BassHunter

Ok here is the other item the monkey got me on a while ago. It was just on backorder. I had several bps gift cards and decided why not get a high end spinning reel?

So this is reel pron for everyone except LMG lol!

Spooled up with 20lb Power Pro.
This thing is smooth!!!!!
I thought my Helios was smooth. This reel takes smooth to a new level. Can't wait to give it a test run.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

cortman

Nice acquisition, Rick, I love my Stradic ci4+! Never felt the need to get a different spinning reel.

SFL BassHunter

Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

lostboy45b

I have the FK and love the reel. Congrats you will love it also.
Dobyns, Megabass, Lucky Craft, Daiwa, Lew's

Oldfart9999

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Great looking reel Rick even if LMG don't like it.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SFL BassHunter

Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

NIB Curado100DSV. Completes the 100D set.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

cortman

Nice score LMG.
I have been seriously considering trying LH reels. I can't quite get over the idea that I use my non-dominant hand for all the important things in fishing, casting and working the bait, and relegate my dominant hand to, well, turning something.
Will probably start out with a Tatula SV, because I want to try one of them sometime.

j102

Quote from: rickdelprado on October 01, 2017, 02:35:05 PM
Ok here is the other item the monkey got me on a while ago. It was just on backorder. I had several bps gift cards and decided why not get a high end spinning reel?

So this is reel pron for everyone except LMG lol!

Spooled up with 20lb Power Pro.
This thing is smooth!!!!!
I thought my Helios was smooth. This reel takes smooth to a new level. Can't wait to give it a test run.

Congrats Rick! The Stradics are great reels.

j102

I bought a second Penn Slammer III 4500.
20 lbs test Power Pro on both of them.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: j102 on October 02, 2017, 04:53:53 PM
I bought a second Penn Slammer III 4500.
20 lbs test Power Pro on both of them.

Nice looking reels!
Florida Bass Fishing

j102

Thanks! Strong drag, large line capacity, etc., just what I need.

SteveTX

Quote from: j102 on October 02, 2017, 05:33:36 PM
Thanks! Strong drag, large line capacity, etc., just what I need.
That is nice. Different from the Stradic we see so often. No offence to the Stradic owners. 30lb drag is pretty killer too. :o   

LgMouthGambler

Them Penns look like they can take a beating.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

caddyjoe77

Ya'll have been busy!!  Only thing I picked up was that Steez...what a beaut.  She's not much of a skipping reel.  But, maybe once I put the famed purple spool it will be a new animal. 

The bait and reel monkey has been visiting you all while his cousin, the computer monkey has been visiting me.  He brought me a Dell 7810 with 2 xeon processors for a total of 44 cores and 88 virtual cores, with 192 GB of RAM, one 480 GB SSD and one 1 TB SSD for storage and then a 38" Ultra HD widescreen monitor. 

Done buying stuff for a little while....  ~roflmao.  The boat monkey may visit me next in 6 months or so.....
BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on October 02, 2017, 10:27:05 PM
Ya'll have been busy!!  Only thing I picked up was that Steez...what a beaut.  She's not much of a skipping reel.  But, maybe once I put the famed purple spool it will be a new animal. 

The bait and reel monkey has been visiting you all while his cousin, the computer monkey has been visiting me.  He brought me a Dell 7810 with 2 xeon processors for a total of 44 cores and 88 virtual cores, with 192 GB of RAM, one 480 GB SSD and one 1 TB SSD for storage and then a 38" Ultra HD widescreen monitor. 

Done buying stuff for a little while....  ~roflmao.  The boat monkey may visit me next in 6 months or so.....
I dont know what in the hell you just said, but sounds like a bunch of nerdy crap thats good?

<")))>{

j102

Quote from: SteveTX on October 02, 2017, 08:03:07 PM
That is nice. Different from the Stradic we see so often. No offence to the Stradic owners. 30lb drag is pretty killer too. :o

I don't know if I ever need that much drag, but it's good to know is there, even more for Saltwater fishing.

j102

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on October 02, 2017, 08:53:16 PM
Them Penns look like they can take a beating.

<")))>{

Full metal body, sideplate and rotor, heavy bail, sealed system, and 8 bearings, yes, they look like they can take a beating.
I'm hoping to test that soon.

j102

That's what I call a powerful system!
Niceeeee!

cbburke

Dell 7810 with 2 xeon processors for a total of 44 cores and 88 virtual cores, with 192 GB of RAM, one 480 GB SSD and one 1 TB SSD for storage and then a 38" Ultra HD widescreen monitor. 

Did you just "sweet talk" to me ? I am loving that set up :)
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."

caddyjoe77

Quote from: cbburke on October 03, 2017, 07:49:27 AM
Did you just "sweet talk" to me ? I am loving that set up :)

lo we have a lot of closet nerds I see.   lo

I also have an R710 with 256 GB RAM and almost 4 TB of storage.  A lot of times I have to build environments and take them down..etc. so this gives me the flexibility to do so. 
BeerMe