Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caddyjoe77

lo

So, the Bait Monkey got me again.  Picked up a Shimano aldebaren JDM MG NIB this evening.  Why, oh why does the bait monkey do that?   lo.  Maybe a few  ~beer~ (s) were consumed, making the bait monkey that much more influential!!

With that, of course I needed a rod to go with it because you cannot just pick up a sweet reel and not have a sweet rod, right?   ~roflmao.  I will leave you all in suspense, so take your guesses.  But, I will say that it is aimed at spinnerbaits. 

BeerMe

zippyduck

You can't stop the monkey with alcohol.
I will be watching to see what you pair that superior reel with.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

LgMouthGambler

The monkey! Is that what you're calling me now? Lol

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

rockchalk06

Wow. All I asked is when you were gonna buy a Core lol You're a cheap date brother.

hughesjasonk

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM
lo

So, the Bait Monkey got me again.  Picked up a Shimano aldebaren JDM MG NIB this evening.  Why, oh why does the bait monkey do that?   lo.  Maybe a few  ~beer~ (s) were consumed, making the bait monkey that much more influential!!

With that, of course I needed a rod to go with it because you cannot just pick up a sweet reel and not have a sweet rod, right?   ~roflmao.  I will leave you all in suspense, so take your guesses.  But, I will say that it is aimed at spinnerbaits.
Beer goggles will do that

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

caddyjoe77

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 31, 2017, 05:07:14 AM
The monkey! Is that what you're calling me now? Lol

<")))>{

That's the only word that I can say on UB. Check your texts if you want a refresher!! Lo
BeerMe

caddyjoe77

Quote from: rockchalk06 on March 31, 2017, 05:51:59 AM
Wow. All I asked is when you were gonna buy a Core lol You're a cheap date brother.

I still dont have a core.....yet  lo
BeerMe

Bigwrench

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on March 31, 2017, 08:19:22 AM
Had one for sale for a long time lol.
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Lipripper

I get a laugh just sitting back and watching that bait around here  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

caddyjoe77

Quote from: Bigwrench on March 31, 2017, 08:20:32 AM
Had one for sale for a long time lol.

I didn't know a shimano from a bps pro qualifier from a lews at that time!! 

BeerMe

rockchalk06

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on March 31, 2017, 08:19:22 AM

I'll find you one brother. I have a bad feeling you may lose the key to rod locker after you use these next month lo

Bigwrench

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on March 31, 2017, 09:00:51 AM
I didn't know a shimano from a bps pro qualifier from a lews at that time!!
Let me rephrase LOL I have had and continue to have one for sale for a long time :)
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

rockchalk06

Quote from: Bigwrench on March 31, 2017, 09:15:40 AM
  Let me rephrase LOL I have had and continue to have one for sale for a long time :)

Well hell Joe!

caddyjoe77

Good thing I only have to ask the dog. He always says yes to my purchases!!

Which one is it?
BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

What?!
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

cortman

Lol know the feeling. The other evening in a fit of irresponsibility I ordered a Megabass Orochi xXx casting rod from TTT. Looks amazing and by all accounts balance is spot on as well. Stupid monkey!  lo

rockchalk06

Quote from: cortman on March 31, 2017, 01:11:40 PM
Lol know the feeling. The other evening in a fit of irresponsibility I ordered a Megabass Orochi xXx casting rod from TTT. Looks amazing and by all accounts balance is spot on as well. Stupid monkey!  lo

I seen those preorders man. They look sharp!

Bud Kennedy

cortman

Quote from: rockchalk06 on April 02, 2017, 10:06:13 AM

I seen those preorders man. They look sharp!

Yeah the looks are definitely all there! Time will tell how sensitive it is. I got the F5-610 Chimaera.

caddyjoe77

Well, the aldebaren finally came in Saturday.  Fished it with the new rod--a Loomis SB813.

Wow, thats all I can say.  The combo is so light and extremely accurate.  Caught a few dinks, and one barely keeper,  so the fish handling abilities have yet to be tested but I am sure that it will fare well. 

I really like the length for those close is pitches. 

So, now I have 2 rods/reels specifically aimed at spinnerbaits and chatterbaits -- the 736 with the HLC -- which is just a beast when it comes to hauling in bigger fish and the SB813/Aldy JDM.  Also, there are 2 speeds -- HLC is 6.3 and aldy which is 5.8. 
BeerMe

Lipripper

What you going to let that monkey talk you into next. lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

caddyjoe77

Quote from: Lipripper on April 17, 2017, 04:45:53 PM
What you going to let that monkey talk you into next. lo lo

We will see the next time the monkey speaks I guess!!  lo
BeerMe

rockchalk06

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on April 17, 2017, 04:35:20 PM
Well, the aldebaren finally came in Saturday.  Fished it with the new rod--a Loomis SB813.

Wow, thats all I can say.  The combo is so light and extremely accurate.  Caught a few dinks, and one barely keeper,  so the fish handling abilities have yet to be tested but I am sure that it will fare well. 

I really like the length for those close is pitches. 

So, now I have 2 rods/reels specifically aimed at spinnerbaits and chatterbaits -- the 736 with the HLC -- which is just a beast when it comes to hauling in bigger fish and the SB813/Aldy JDM.  Also, there are 2 speeds -- HLC is 6.3 and aldy which is 5.8. 

I was hoping you'd love it. I have basically the same setup but an 05 GLX on mine. Love the feel

caddyjoe77

BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

Yeah buddy! Welcome to the Aldebaran MG club!

<")))>{