28 pounds 4 fish stringer

Started by Mike Cork, April 16, 2017, 09:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

First let me say, this is Caddo Lake in Louisiana. It has a protected slot of 14-18 inches and your only allowed 4 over the slot.

The first fish was my first over of the day and she weighed 9-12. I had a friend close by watch me catch her and he took the photo.

Next is a 6-4, no camera man

Next up is a 7-14 again no camera man

Last one I took a pic of, I tried to do something different, but it didn't work well.
"Livewell Shot" ... this one was 6-3 or 6-2 my arm was getting tired and the scale kept bounce but you know us fisherman I'll claim it was 6-8 all day LOL

I've had some epic days on Caddo Lake, weighed 26 pounds in a tournament and numerous 20 pound stringers but I've broken my personal best stinger. Shame we couldn't keep five overs on this lake I had a couple 5 pounders too. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Capt. BassinLou

Wow!! I'm officially jealous... lol!! Wtg Mike!!

coldfront

livewell shots are hard... always helpful if you have ability to 'polarize' the lense/filter.  Used to do that on the old school cameras where we could screw on the filters.   ;D

those are some 'nice' fish Mike...  that one in the net, man, what a  'high-backed' stud!

Great photos... all of 'em.   ~c~

What A DAY!

Mike Cork

Thanks guys! All post spawn and just for you Lou..... all caught on a Black Spro FROG!!! What a blast!

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Coldfront obviously taken with my phone. Are there any tricks too help?

I let the GoPro home that day LOL go figure....

Cork's Reel Service

Pacific NW Ron

Now that's a stringer to brag about on any day. 
Way to go.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

flowerjohn

Congratulations Mike.  Real beauties there !!!

This message sent via the FC network.

Princeton_Man

Nice job Mike!  ~c~

That's about 10lbs more than any of the 5 fish bags here on Friday.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Mike Cork on April 16, 2017, 10:00:34 AM
Thanks guys! All post spawn and just for you Lou..... all caught on a Black Spro FROG!!! What a blast!

~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
Woohoo!!

j102

Big monsters! Excellent Job! Congrats!

Down4ttown

That is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captsteve

Nice

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

coldbasser

nice fish great day
congrats on the stringer
In God we trust, but evil occurred when good men do nothing

oldjim

Nice to see you back catching those big ones after all your back problems. We may see your new PB 13+ soon.
Oldjim

FloridaFishinFool

Now that's bass fishing! Great catch!
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

coldfront

Quote from: Mike Cork on April 16, 2017, 10:02:27 AM
Coldfront obviously taken with my phone. Are there any tricks too help?

I let the GoPro home that day LOL go figure....

mike:  all of my livewell shots really suck.  only suggestions is to go old school camera (digital now) so you 'could' put a polarized filter on...  the other option is to have 'bottom lighting' of the livewell, which would really show up your catch for this one single shot ...  ;D

the 'fix' you and I seek is just probably not worth the $$...  http://www.pcworld.com/article/196453/8_must_have_accessories_for_point_and_shoot_cameras.html

laketrash

Great catch!  Old lady Caddo can be stingy but when she gives them up it can be great.
JUST FLOATN AROUND

Lipripper

Thanks for the report Mike and them are some great looking fish. ~c~ ~c~ If only that one was a few oz more. Just about a double digit  ~sweat

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

DonM

If you had taken me with you, you could have kept eight of them!  :)
DonM
DonM

zippyduck

Awesome Mike and on my favorite frog.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

West6550

Saw these on FB as well. Excellent bag man!! What a blast!!

Smallie_Stalker

Wow, what I wouldn't give for a day like that. Way to go Mike.  ~c~
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

CraigP83

merc1997

that is what keeps us going back.

bo
On Heaven's Lake

Mike Cork

Quote from: merc1997 on April 16, 2017, 08:13:19 PM
that is what keeps us going back.

bo

Yes it does. The very next day I only caught three over the slot and they weight just ten pounds. And if it wasn't Easter today, you bet I would be at it again. Now I have to go to Missouri and try and whack some deepwater giants and test my memory banks LOL

Cork's Reel Service