BASS southern open: chickamauga

Started by coldfront, April 13, 2017, 05:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldfront

spent a bit of time roaming around the lake yesterday... last day on the water before I go back to work...  it's been fun... for me, fishing (numbers) is about as easy as it gets right now... just drag a lizard, tube, creature bait around on spawning banks...

Over past week more and more 'wrapped' boats have been showing up...  Fukae, Strader... whoever runs the Jackall boat (although there were two out there)...  and a few others I didn't get close enough to see. 

water temps have been mid-60's through most of last week... and saw some mid-70's yesterday afternoon...  seeing more fish on beds, even if I don't go looking for them.

and then, after I decided to call it a day, was running back to the Possum Creek ramp and see three boats come running out of the Hiwassee chute headed back to Richland creek...  kind of surprised me to see three boats running in a group like that.... they turn out to have the UMF logos...

so now I'm wondering it Joe Thomas and the boys were back on Chick for another UMF show?  didn't look close enough to see if Mark was there in the stripes, or if they had cameras...  then again, as someone with 'over 50 eyesight' don't always see everything in a snap like I once did...   ;D

Mike Cork

Sounds like a very popular water way right now!

Shame you have to go back to work, lots to learn watching the big guns prefish!

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

I always hated having to go back to work after a fishing vacation. :'( Glad you enjoyed yours and bet your already thinking about your next one. ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

coldfront

Quote from: Lipripper on April 13, 2017, 07:48:37 AM
I always hated having to go back to work after a fishing vacation. :'( Glad you enjoyed yours and bet your already thinking about your next one. ;D

i am thinking 10 days of fishing over 11 total days I better spend some time 'recovering' before getting back to work.

stiff and sore in places... but it feels good too.

unfortunately, no big ones this time... but as you know, I'll just have to keep trying ...  lo

Lipripper

Quote from: coldfront on April 13, 2017, 10:15:47 AM
i am thinking 10 days of fishing over 11 total days I better spend some time 'recovering' before getting back to work.

stiff and sore in places... but it feels good too.

unfortunately, no big ones this time... but as you know, I'll just have to keep trying ...  lo
Yelp you have to keep trying until you get it right  ~bb  ~roflmao

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

coldfront

first off  Fletcher and shaw got nice bags yesterday.  to be fair, if I'd have sacked 25# it would have been a GREAT! day    lo

those fish are out there, in there.  enjoying watching this unfold.

for a lot of those guys, I also appreciate how tough this game 'is'.  not everyone sacks up over 20# on every day... and there's plenty of big names who got off to a slower start yesterday.

Was excited to see David Fritts on the list.  boy, wish I could have a little time off to just go watch...

Lee Smith

Some low trash broke into Paul's truck Wednesday night and stole everything single thing in it.  Makes for a rough go.  Good to see the old guys doing well.
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

jocko

Shaw was sight fishing and anchored his bag with a 9 lbr. 

That will be difficult for him to follow up on.   

I sure wish I had signed up to co-angler this one.  Bet everyone is having a blast. 

coldfront

Quote from: jocko on April 21, 2017, 09:42:35 AM
Shaw was sight fishing and anchored his bag with a 9 lbr. 

That will be difficult for him to follow up on.   

I sure wish I had signed up to co-angler this one.  Bet everyone is having a blast.

couldn't ask for  better weather... stable.  slightly rising lake as they're filling to summer pool.. two weeks ago, all those 'yellow flowers' were on dry land.  Now they're in a foot of so of water...

CraigP83

anyone know what Shaw is spraying on the water? It must be something to reduce the pollen and make site fishing easier

Badger Basser

Wow, cool picture and I will be interested to see what exactly it was that he was doing.  I'm sure someone will have a report on it soon on one of the bass fishing sites.....
Former walleye guy trying to become a basser!