Spool tension cap

Started by Trap2016, April 25, 2017, 06:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trap2016

I know one of you can help me I bought a H2O Manic FSH2FL0021 from Academy for $20.00 but it didn't have a spool tension cap on it do ya'll have a cap that might fit it or what other reel cap that will work on it.   
Marshall

rockchalk06

Quote from: Trap2016 on April 25, 2017, 06:27:05 AM
I know one of you can help me I bought a H2O Manic FSH2FL0021 from Academy for $20.00 but it didn't have a spool tension cap on it do ya'll have a cap that might fit it or what other reel cap that will work on it.   

I think your best bet is to take it back to Academy and swap it out for one that is complete. Academy has a great return policy for that.

Issue is, I don't know who makes the parts for their reels. They don't sell parts online like some of the major players do. It would be a crap shoot to find a cap that fits and works for that reel. While all Bait Casters are similar in fit, very seldom to the parts swap amongst each other. It may wind up costing you more to source a CCC than what the reel is worth or what you paid.

Mike Cork

Most of the internal workings on a H20 are similar to Lews and BPS. By no means does that mean the CCC will be the same but it's a good place to start.

I kind of like Rock's idea too. Even though you bought it as a deal with the cap missing, take it to another store and they will likely replace it at no charge :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Trap2016

Thanks for the help guys I will give it a go.
Marshall

Meltz

If that doesn't work try bass pro's parts center (417) 873-5274 they should have parts for many reels. I just ordered a new spool tension cap for one of my reels because it somehow got lost. So glad they had it, couldn't find it anywhere!

Trap2016

Marshall