Gambler vs Sterling

Started by GamblerTayter, June 23, 2017, 02:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GamblerTayter

~fff ~sun ;D ~gf
I love my Gambler BUT I am now in the market for another bass boat! I have heard Sterling is the new Gambler... Can anyone fill me in? I heard it is the same company. Why the name change? Anything different? Better? Worse?

Thanks for your help

Tayter

Bud Kennedy

The only Sterling owner I know of in my area is Inky Davis.  Inky posts under the Screen Name Santee Bass.  You may want to PM him and ask your questions.  He has had his Sterling for about 2 or 3 years and formerly fished from a Gambler.  Inky is a well known bass guide on Santee and works his boats very hard.  If any one can give you info I would think it would be him.  Inky also has a website for his guide business and it is Inkydavis.com

Lipripper

Hello Tayter and welcome to Ultimate Bass. I don't know anything about this boat but from what Bud said looks like Inky is who you need to get in touch with. ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Mike Cork

Loved the gamblers!!! As far as I know it's the same boat but with updated equipment and tech. I don't know why the name change either?

Beautiful boats  ~c~ Santee Bass is a good guy and will help you out.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

GamblerTayter

~fff v~ ~sun Hey Guys! Thank you so much. Really appreciate the input and direction. I can't say anything bad about Sterling but Gambler is just amazing and I feel like Im selling out lol even thou they are made by the same company.

Kris

Hi GT,
I truly loved my Gambler back in the day. 
My guess on the name change is that Bob Ackerbloom sold out Gambler.  The last Gambler that I saw at a show a bunch of years ago was called the Gambler Ultimate.  I have gone on looking at the old Gamblers and the new Sterlings but being retired that will not be a purchase in my future unless I hit the Lottery for several Million.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

Mike Cork

Got some intel from someone in the business that I trust. He said it was a chapter 13 reorganization. The boat is still the same.

You're not selling out, just supporting the same folks.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service