Probably Not The Best Way...

Started by FloridaFishinFool, September 20, 2017, 07:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FloridaFishinFool

While browsing ebay I came across someone selling some old used fishing rods and I found some humor in their description which might have been best to leave out because including it might not be the best way to sell a rod with this in the description...

"At an average of 500 casts minimum a day for countless years, and an average of 100 days a year fishing, this item most likely has AT LEAST 750,000 total casts on it or more."

Uh huh, sure it does...

And they closed out with this:

"No cracks/no damage/no frailties. Excellent and still 100% performance wise. Without a doubt, our most favorite rod ever bought, with the exception of Johnny Morrison Signature Series rod/reel spinning combos. They are better than any higher dollar item from any manufacturer anywhere in the world."

Their "most favorite rod" they are asking a whopping $10.00 minimum bid with no takers yet? Their favorite ten dollar rod?

And did I mention how they started their description??? Consider this the kicker...

"The rod shaft actually goes back the full length of the butt. Photo two shows shaft all way back in butt,"

Don't think I will um be bidding on this one... since it is 'local pick up only' in Sanford, North Carolina I am thinking I might not want to meet them.

Maybe some of you will find some humor in there as well...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIRST-YEAR-Bass-Pro-Shop-Bionic-Blade-rod-7-6-length-medium-action-one-piece-/112568605225?hash=item1a359c9a29:g:uWAAAOSwFPRZwDW0

This one looks like a two-piece telescoping spinning rod. I suppose that is what they were trying to describe with their colorful language???

Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

BassMan83

Capt. BassinLou

Ha!! I still have the same rod... Lol

Oldfart9999

Quote from: Bassinlou on September 20, 2017, 07:41:33 PM
Ha!! I still have the same rod... Lol
Me too! lo For an 80 dollar rod it wasn't bad!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.