Started by Donald Garner, October 01, 2017, 07:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princeton_Man

I'm going to get a haircut too. Haven't decided which one yet.  ~roflmao
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

SteelHorseCowboy

WOOOO!
Looks like this evening's first cast was just making up for yesterday evening's first cast!
One good yank and he woulda been gone, the hook was just through the skin in the roof of his mouth. Cranberry Yum Dinger.
Kinda caught another one a little while later. One of those little 7-8" bass snapped the tail of the dinger and I yanked it out. No pics of that one, got a hell of a cramp in my right side where I smashed my ribs a few years ago. Put me on my knees, and I just scoop tossed him back to the water.
Oh, and here's a sunset for your viewing pleasure.

FloridaFishinFool

Quote from: Princeton_Man on October 19, 2017, 06:26:11 PM
I'm going to get a haircut too. Haven't decided which one yet.  ~roflmao

How about the only one you have left!  :o It shouldn't be too hard to find!  ;D

I could not resist!
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

FloridaFishinFool

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on October 19, 2017, 07:17:03 PM
WOOOO!
Looks like this evening's first cast was just making up for yesterday evening's first cast!
One good yank and he woulda been gone, the hook was just through the skin in the roof of his mouth. Cranberry Yum Dinger.
Kinda caught another one a little while later.

At least you are catchin' them! I still can't get my boat out the back gate so tomorrow I will buy a new chain for the chain saw and start on that tree again- a little something Hurricane Irma left in my way... and it just had to be bigger than any of my chainsaws too.  ~xyz

And I still can not get out on the St. Johns river right now. Water is still way up, ramps are closed, entire river in my area is no wake zone everywhere on the river. Lakes are overflowing. We have water everywhere right now. Inland from the river is still flooded and under a foot or more of water miles away from the river in this area.

I drove over the bridge over Lake Jesup and there are houses along the banks still under water right now.

Glad someone is catchin' them- even if they are dinks! Better than nothin'!

Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

Oldfart9999

TGIF!!! THIF!!! Ya'll have 2 days for fun and frivolity, use it wisely, you never know when some politician will try to take it away from you!!! Supposed to go fishing, probably in an hour or so, can't go anywhere but the home waters for 2-3 hours, I have a dentist appointment to fix a tooth. With my titanium hip the Doctor wants me to take an antibiotic incase I get an infection while I'm being worked on, if an infection gets into the hip they have to take the new joint out until the infection is cured then they can put the joint back in and I can spend 6 months in a cast, it'll make the stairmaster hard to do so the meds happen. lo lo
PM, hope you can find the hair that needs trimming, we wouldn't want you to unkempt while you're at G'Ville! lo
SHC, cut your hair and now have to clean your car, hhmmm.......
Bud, the truck will so pretty as you drive down there. ;) Hope you don't mind the way Jim drives, it's what happens when the wild hair gets in his eye. ~roflmao ~roflmao
FFF, lots of firewood right there!!
Lip, you're not the only one who doesn't use the phone for the internet, fat fingers mean I get websites I really don't want. lo I still need to figure out how to post pics, I have a few I'd like to. ~rant ~xyz
Donald, any more damage from the little tykes? Get a bit of fishing in, you'll feel better!!
All of you heading to the year long hangover, have a great trip, be well and safe!!
Have a great weekend, wet a line!!
Rodney 
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

SteelHorseCowboy

Well it's not like I cut my hair in the car!

Speaking of, my first really close call on the road involved a haircut. I was 18, in the Marines, had bought a new car and every now and then got to make the long trip home to visit friends and family. It was a Chevy Cavalier. Fine little car, especially for road tripping on a budget. I had a truck in high school, but it was an old beater incapable of making the trip.
Anyway...
I was on my way from Hernando MS and heading back to Camp Lejeune NC. Hadn't been on the road long and was on the I-240 loop going around Memphis.
Seemingly for no reason at all, this little red car comes screaming across three lanes and fishtails right in front of me, barely avoiding hitting the wall. I had to slam on my brakes and I swerved to get away from them. I waited just a moment until I was sure they were in control of their vehicle, then sped up to go around. When I did, I looked over...
It was a dude giving himself a haircut, with scissors, using the rearview mirror, and attempting to catch the clippings with a newspaper. While driving the 240 loop around Memphis. Blew my mind.

Oh, here's some random trivia.
The word "Fard" is defined as "the act of painting ones face with cosmetics"
So next time your lady starts putting on makeup in the car, you can tell her to stop farding in the car. Fun stuff!

Happy Friday y'all!

Princeton_Man

Quote from: FloridaFishinFool on October 19, 2017, 07:19:20 PM
How about the only one you have left!  :o It shouldn't be too hard to find!  ;D

I could not resist!

Oh, I'm not follically challenged... I'm just not sure if I want to go after one of those wild hairs that often get us in trouble or just go to SuperCuts.  ~roflmao

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

SteelHorseCowboy

Don't cut the Wild Hare. They're what makes things interesting!

Not sure if I ever shared the reason I now have a mohawk. Kind of a messed up story.
Was having some trouble with higher ups at work. On the professional level, not personal or connected to conduct and performance. Basically, they're always wanting to blow tons of money on half baked schemes to "save" money, and they're freaking killing my ability to do my job effectively. Then want to bark at me when their schemes don't work. Well, they don't work because they're poorly thought out, even more poorly implemented, and they're not accepting feedback or recommendations from me, the guy responsible for attempting to make it work and polish their turds. These half baked money saving schemes also ALWAYS cost far more money in the long run.
Had a bit of a Brittney Spears moment. Said to myself, "Since these folks wanna act like d*** heads, I'll show 'em one."
So I carved my hair up to look like a giant phallus. Even used hair spray to get all the proper contours. And hung around their offices. Used every chance I could get to embarrass them in front of VIPs with my penile haircut. Of course they noticed, I told them my opinion of their behavior before I'd left work the day I did it, and they shared the same opinion of my own behavior.
Every time they said something stupid, I just pointed at my new and fashionable haircut and asked when they were gonna let me cut their hair too, usually also hinting that they really needed it to match their personality. "Man, a cut like this would suit you perfectly!". They caught on to what I was saying.
After about a week, I got my way. The half baked scheme in the works at the moment got killed and I was practically begged to change my haircut. I decided since I had the opportunity, may as well try something different. Didn't think I'd like a mohawk and figured I'd just shave it eventually, but I found I do like it and most people I meet seem to think it's awesome.

My previous haircut was very similar to this one, except more detailed.
Self immolation in the form of semi public self humiliation.
Sounds so stupid, but it worked.

SteelHorseCowboy

FloridaFishinFool

I use to use hooks like that to catch golden shiners in Lake Brantley preparing a bucket full of them for bass fishing right after.

Those were the days!

Lipripper

and All right Rodney glad you were able to get out and catch some fish this morning.  ~c~ Have fun at the dentist. I know better than to try and search the web from my phone.  lo lo  FFF your going to need a big chain saw for that one  ~sweat SHC that was a smart way to go about it with that haircut. Glad you caught a fish on your first cast this time without getting your reel in the water.  ~roflmao Y'all keep catching fish like this and I'm going to have to put my skunk printer on mothballs,  ;D I use small hooks like that when I'm using my UL and fishing with nightcrawlers for Bass. I would use a whole one and just put that little hook right through the head and put a real small split shot on it so I could cast it out away from shore a little. It works great that way. Hope everyone has a nice weekend and be safe out there and remember to say a prayer for Mike and Laurie and the kids and their daughter today.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Good evening to all,
It's partly cloudy and 79dgrs here.  There's an 80% chance of thunderstorms later on tonight and 40% tomorrow.  With that forecast there be no fishing this weekend.  We're heading out to the local street fair in the morning anyway and then to our Div III Champions Crusader's Football Game afterwards.

The maintenance supervisor got the Man-Lift operational and moved it back to the maintenance yard.  They went to one of the local equipment rental companies and made a copy the wiring diagram.  They're going to re-lace the wire harness differently so it doesn't pull apart again. 

Today one of the little knot heads stuck a cup of noodles in the microwave 'Without water' and turned it on and left.  Needless to say it made a lot of smoke and stunk the cafeteria up >:(  I got the door open and carried it outside.  Its been an interesting week to say the least.  I'm glad its finally over with  ~shade

Rodney; Glad you were able to get out on the water and catch a few.

Lip; I got fat fingers too and trying to type on the iPhone I got is an adventure. 

FFF; Buddy that's a big tree you're fixing to tangle with.  You got any help coming over  to assist you n the cutting and trimming?

SHC; Congrats on the catch and tks for sharing the picture with us also.

Stratos Buddy; How often do you get a haircut?  I head to barber shop once a month now days.  While in the Army I use to get one every week.  I always keep my head shaved except for a small patch on top.  We had a Korean Barbershop just off base (10 female barbers) the place was always packed.  They used razors to shave our heads and once everything was finished they provide a massage of the shoulders and neck.  Man I felt like a million bucks after getting up from the chair.

Bud; You got everything packed up yet for the G-Ville trip?  Or has the wife kept you to busy to get that done.

Guys you all have a safe and pleasant weekend.  Tight lines if you're out on the water.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Lipripper

Evening Donald and from the sound of thing I know your glad to get this week over with.  ~sweat Enjoy the weekend and try to relax a little. ;D

SteelHorseCowboy

Caught my first topwater fish this evening on a bone zara puppy. Fun stuff.
Little while later I caught another one! I'd gotten a little wind knot in my line, so once I'd reeled in close enough for me to grab it, I got ahold of it and started working on the knot. The puppy was in about a foot of water, maybe two feet from the bank. I heard a gulp, felt a tug, and said "CRAP!".
Couldn't get a grip on the line to pull him in, while juggling the pole too, so I wrapped it around my hand and ran up the bank.
No pics of it. It was about 8 inches long, got covered in mud, and it took me a minute to get the hooks out. I felt like he'd been through enough hell, so I got him back to the water quick as I could.

Ran into a fella, seemed early twenties. He has a Lew's Mach II combo. He let me check it out and cast it a few times with his whopper plopper. I like it, but... I don't know. About fell in love with them while eyeballing them at Academy, but there's something about it while actually using it. Can't put my finger on it. I'd take one in a heartbeat, for sure. But I'm still planning to get a Curado next. I did love that Lew's rod.

Come to find out, the fella was in the market for a bigger whopper plopper. He said 130 specifically.
Oh? I happen to have one. Funny thing too, I'm kinda wanting a smaller one!
So we made a trade. He mentioned he hadn't had any luck with it, and was hoping a bigger one would work out better.
I tied my new one on and cast it out after he'd walked away, was tugging then letting it sit. First cast, got a nice strike. No bite though, just a slap.

Had no more luck the rest of the evening, but it sure was fun!

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Donald Garner on October 20, 2017, 05:12:05 PM
Stratos Buddy; How often do you get a haircut?  I head to barber shop once a month now days.  While in the Army I use to get one every week.  I always keep my head shaved except for a small patch on top.  We had a Korean Barbershop just off base (10 female barbers) the place was always packed.  They used razors to shave our heads and once everything was finished they provide a massage of the shoulders and neck.  Man I felt like a million bucks after getting up from the chair.

Bud; You got everything packed up yet for the G-Ville trip?  Or has the wife kept you to busy to get that done.

Guys you all have a safe and pleasant weekend.  Tight lines if you're out on the water.

I go about every 4-6 weeks. I know I need to get a haircut when my wife and MIL start telling me how nice my hair looks.  ~roflmao

I've been trying to get ready for G. So far, I have my rods and tackle loaded up, spare prop in the boat, vacuum packed the coffee. Still have a lot to do. Firing up the smoker this morning and getting the ribs started.  Haircut and a trip to Sam's this morning, grease job and check/top off the fluids while the ribs cook. I'm hoping to be able to mostly relax and spend some time with Linda Sunday and Monday. Hoping about all I'll have to do Monday night is ice down the coolers for the Tuesday morning drive.

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Bud Kennedy

Chore of the day is to shampoo the carpet in the living room.  It is not a big deal really but it seems like she who shall be obeyed sees to it that I have a daily assignment.  While I did not really expect to get through this day without some type of assignment it sure would be nice just to climb into my nothing box and have her leave me alone. 

Lipripper

everyone and here's some fresh and if you need some and it's 62* overcast with a slight breeze but no  ~rain as of yet and that guys is suppose to come by and fix my leaking roof today before it starts  ~rain again tomorrow I hope you does. So Rodney how you feeling this morning you out fishing? SHC that's a nice picture of you and that Bass and nice looking nature picture. That was a good deal if you swapped him the lure you just found  ;D PM have a safe trip and check your list twice to make sure you didn't forget anything.  ;D Bud SWMBO is going to keep you busy between now and the time you leave.  ~sweat Hope everyone has a nice weekend and be safe out there and don't forget to say a prayer for Mike and Laurie and the kids and their daughter today.

SteelHorseCowboy

Lipripper

SteelHorseCowboy

Can you tell it now?

Here's a hint.

Lipripper

Did you get your lure stuck on that log out there.

SteelHorseCowboy

Sure did. I'd cast it about 4 feet left of the stump in the background and the wind blew my line over that knot in the log. I walked back and forth on the bank trying to flick my line off of it. No luck. All I could do was try to bounce my new lure over it. Bam. Stuck.
Tried to wade out after it, sunk to my hips in the mud. I'm going back with some heavy duty nylon twine and big treble, gonna haul the whole damn log out if I have to.

Lipripper

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on October 21, 2017, 01:59:58 PM
Sure did. I'd cast it about 4 feet left of the stump in the background and the wind blew my line over that knot in the log. I walked back and forth on the bank trying to flick my line off of it. No luck. All I could do was try to bounce my new lure over it. Bam. Stuck.
Tried to wade out after it, sunk to my hips in the mud. I'm going back with some heavy duty nylon twine and big treble, gonna haul the whole damn log out if I have to.
That should work and maybe you can get it close enough to get your lure back,  ;D

Oldfart9999

Hey ya'll!!! Tough day, hit the water and got blown all over, weather person lied through their teeth, then got surrounded by perch jerkers, they came out of the woodwork!!! Besides making boat control nonexistent, the wind made casting control nonexistent!! ~rant ~xyz ~rant ~xyz I lousy bass! :( :(
One of those days everything I touched became a major project, makes the good days feel great!!
I did get the boat cleaned out, what a mess, almost looks good now though!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Dang Rodney sorry you had such a ruff day but you at least caught one Bass and you know better than to listen to them weather bugs,  ::) Least you got your boat looking cleaner and that's a good thing.  ;D Just go set in your recliner and relax and forget today happened.  ;D