Oct Bassing and BS'n

Started by Donald Garner, October 01, 2017, 07:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdsm0138

Fishing got cut short yesterday.. only one little (about 1lb) bass on the new rod.

In other news, just bought a bottle of 100 proof Knob Creek bourbon to celebrate my "Death Status" at the Army. They now have me classified as a deadman after the discs in my back fully blew out yesterday instead of their normal bulging/herniating. 9 spinal injections later, just to be able to walk around....

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Donald Garner

Good morning guys,

Woke up this morning to heavy thunder and lighting and rain  ~rain  It suppose to clear off this afternoon we'll wait and see.  Nothing planned for this afternoon except football  :foot  I got the yard mowed and trimmed yesterday after breakfast  ~sweat  We're off to church here in a few minutes then its back home for lunch.  The wife is fixing sausage and vegetables for lunch  :food ;PEP)

Top; Man that's tuff sorry to hear about the back.  We'll keep ya in our daily prayers.

Rodney; Least you got out on the water for a little bit.  1 bass is better than ZERO  ;) 

Lip; The roofers come and fix your leak yesterday?  I hope they did nothing worst than a darn water leak.  Been there and done that once before.  We had a leak wound up redoing the living room ceiling and replacing the entire roof on the house.

SHC; Nice catch there tks for sharing the picture with us also  ~c~

Bud; Looks like the wife plans on keeping you busy right up till the time to pull out of the driveway.  Sure hope you get some rest before traveling to G-Ville.

Guys you all have a pleasant Sunday.  Tight lines if your heading out to the water.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

SteelHorseCowboy

Got to thinking, hell with the nylon twine and hook. I've probably roped a thousand steers and a pair of drunk and rowdy farm hands. So I grabbed some rope, 300 feet of it, and drove out to the lake. Was gonna rope that log, then tie the end to Connie's Traverse and just drag the whole thing out of the water.

Lo and behold. There was a fell scooting around the cove in a kayak. Same dude I traded whopper ploppers with. He was more than happy to snag my puppy and toss it up the bank for me. Wooo! Didn't have to get dirty!
Oh, here's the plopper I traded for.

Lipripper

Good afternoon everyone and dang top sorry to hear about your back and I know how bad that has to hurt hope you have some good pain meds. Donald glad you got your yard work done before the  ~rain moved in. All right some good sausage to eat while your watching the We are suppose to be getting some  ~rain in the next few hours and I had a guy look at the roof and he thinks he found the problem and got it stopped we will know after it starts raining. ;D Hope everyone has a nice day. I'm going to make a trip to Home Depot with the Mrs either this afternoon or in the morning. We need to get a new kitchen faucet to replace the one that has been leaking for a long time and keeps getting the cabinet under the sink wet so after a few months I figured we better change it out. Diana thinks she can do it. I would but my body can't take laying on my back and twisting in all different directions to disconnect and reconnect everything. We also are going to look at some new Ceiling fans that have been making a noise when you use them and driving her crazy  lo lo Since I can't stand on a ladder anymore I can't change them out either so will have to get some one to do that. I had not being able to do things I use to do  :'(

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SteelHorseCowboy

Dang Lip, wish I was nearby I'd help ya out. Ceiling fans and sinks are something I have some recent experience at.
If by some chance you can shoot some expanding foam in around the ceiling fan box (above the ceiling), that can fix a wobble. If there's something else though, that could bear replacement.

Caught this little baby a little while ago. He hit that new bone puppy like a freight train, pulled my rod down and ripped off about two or three feet of drag. Connie and I said "HOLY CRAP!" at the same time. But after his initial burst of energy I thought to myself, "you gotta be kidding me..."
The load had suddenly lightened and I realized he'd given me a false first impression.
We were both amazed. Another mighty minnow.

Lipripper

SHC thanks for the offer and it's not a wobble it's getting old like me  lo lo Some of them little Bass can sure fool us when they fist hit our lure and take off but the fight goes out of them fast. Speaking of lures you get your's back yet off that log?:

Oldfart9999

Evening guys!!! Just finished dinner, smoked a roast yesterday, my wife made her super secret italian style bbq sauce her mom showed her how to make, it was fantastic!!! :) :) :toot: :toot:
Lip, sorry to hear you're not able to do your own fix its! I hope they got your roof fixed!
Donald, I'm grateful I got out and I got a fish, I was frustrated that my boat was being blown east while my baits were being blown up to 8 feet north then I was surrounded by perch jerkers plus my ear was acting up, it was just that kind of day and I expected a bit too much. How bout them Bills!!!
Top, very sorry to hear about your back, does this end your career?
SHC, you have to love an ambitious bass, they can be exciting even if they're little!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

SteelHorseCowboy

Quote from: Lipripper on October 22, 2017, 03:14:37 PM
SHC thanks for the offer and it's not a wobble it's getting old like me  lo lo Some of them little Bass can sure fool us when they fist hit our lure and take off but the fight goes out of them fast. Speaking of lures you get your's back yet off that log?:
I sure did! I went out with some rope and plans to lasso that log and haul it out of the water with the SUV, but the man I met the day before happened to be out in his kayak maybe 20 yards away from it. Saved me some trouble and tossed it up on the bank for me! That's what I caught that little fish on.
And yeah, he fought hard for about 3 seconds.

Oldfart9999

HAPPY MONDAY ALL!!! Time to call the Doc again about this freaking ear, I'm going to ask for a referral.
Not much on the docket for today, might spend some time at the library. I need to get time in the mancave, it looks like a couple bombs went off. Should hear about the snowblower this week, can't wait to see the bill but it'll be worth it, I don't have anything in it, got for free, it's a 7 or 8 hundred dollar unit and does a nice job with little effort.
Have a great day and be safe!!
Rodney

SteelHorseCowboy

Yeah, get that ear taken care of Rodney! You may need that referral if those antibiotics haven't knocked it out by now. I believe you've been on the same stuff I was using, Cipro, right? Mine was knocked out in a week or so.

Forgot to show y'all my last catch of the weekend, sometime yesterday afternoon. Ain't it cute? Perfect size for a little home aquarium.

Anyone have any more advice for catching the big ones? I've tried a bit of everything I've read, just about everything that's not out of reach due to budget. My best ones seem to all top out at around 8-10", with the vast majority in the 5-8" range. Of all the fish I've caught over the summer, I could probably feed a family of four a semi hearty meal. If they don't mind fish nuggets.

topdsm0138

Good morning guys. FUN weekend. 9 spinal injections later, I'm somewhat functional but still managed to get to my Unit for duty all weekend. We celebrated my official "death" there last night. Lol

Now to wait and see if I will be forced into a full retirement for the 10yrs I have in already (I'm only 38..) or just collect disability.

We are falling apart guys. Thank God for duct tape n super glue. Lol

Got a large jetski trailer for my boat to redo seeing as speck season is coming up soon. I want my son to catch his first one this year.

Might sit my chair up at the pond behind my house and throw a few casts to kill some time and clear my head.

topdsm0138

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on October 23, 2017, 08:26:37 AM
Yeah, get that ear taken care of Rodney! You may need that referral if those antibiotics haven't knocked it out by now. I believe you've been on the same stuff I was using, Cipro, right? Mine was knocked out in a week or so.

Forgot to show y'all my last catch of the weekend, sometime yesterday afternoon. Ain't it cute? Perfect size for a little home aquarium.

Anyone have any more advice for catching the big ones? I've tried a bit of everything I've read, just about everything that's not out of reach due to budget. My best ones seem to all top out at around 8-10", with the vast majority in the 5-8" range. Of all the fish I've caught over the summer, I could probably feed a family of four a semi hearty meal. If they don't mind fish nuggets.
Why not downsize to UL tackle and rods to enjoy a great fight outta what's there? I've done that a lot on smaller lakes n ponds.

Lipripper

It's 54* overcast but most of the  ~rain has moved on and I think the guy found what was causing the leak in the roof cause I didn't hear it dripping last night. Getting ready to go to Home Depot soon to pick up that  kitchen faucet and Ceiling fans  and Diana wants to get some potting soil and some more pots for some of her plants. Sometime today I need to make a run to Walmart and pick up some stuff also. Rodney hope you ear gets better soon. Hope you get your snowblower back soon cause it's getting colder everyday. They are calling for some frost and in some areas around here even a hard freeze. Donald here's some and for your morning break and home them little  >:D behave this week. top sorry to hear about your back and hope the VA treats you right and takes care of you. SHC that was nice of that guy to get your lure back for you and save you a lot of work. ~sweat Bud you should be just about ready for your trip so make sure you got everything and don't forget your long Johns. :) Hope everyone has a nice day and be safe out there and remember to say a prayer for Mike and Laurie and the kids and their daughter today.

SteelHorseCowboy

Quote from: topdsm0138 on October 23, 2017, 08:52:16 AM
Why not downsize to UL tackle and rods to enjoy a great fight outta what's there? I've done that a lot on smaller lakes n ponds.

I actually do that a lot, just for that very reason. Haha, I actually catch the bigger ones on my UL! The fish I shared in post 164 was caught on my 5' Light spinning gear.
But I lost a lot of line over the weekend through simple bad luck and had to retire that one until I can get some more line this payday. So the last one I shared was caught on heavier tackle!

My biggest so far was around 2 pounds. On a crappie jig, using a 5'6" Lightning rod and Zebco micro 33.

It's just frustrating when I KNOW big ones are there. I can see them! But can't catch one. I've missed a few very nice ones that should have been a sure thing, just because I'm not very experienced. I think 3.

Every time I go out, I have my spinning rod on hand. As I told the guy I met over the weekend, I think I'd rather catch a thousand dinks rather than 100 trophies. But it sure would be nice to haul one in sometime.

Lipripper

Keep at it SHC and sooner or later you will catch one of them bigger ones you know are in there.  ~bb

topdsm0138

Even Amazon knows that the new generations of movies they crank out now suck. Lmao

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone,

Clear skies with the temps in the low 80's most of the day here in Central Texas  ~sun  Semi slow day at work today but there is always something going on. 

Lip, Tks for the OJ there brother it always hits the spot.  Hope your able to find someone reliable to fix that roof leak for ya.

Top; Man sorry to hear of the back issues that really sux.  Best wishes on the future.

SHC, That was nice of the boater to retrieve your bait for ya.  That doesn't happen to often.

Rodney, hope the doctor's visit gets you some relief from that ear infection.

Guys you all have a very pleasant evening and a better day tomorrow.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Lipripper

top that is funny. lo lo Evening Donald glad you had a Semi slow day at work today  ~sweat Hope them little wasn't planing something.  lo lo Well after it raining all night and off and on today it looks like he might have been right on where the leak in the roof was coming from.  ~c~ ~c~  ~sweat The vent pipe that comes through the roof has an elbow in it and he took it apart and put some calking all over the threads then put it back together and calked all around the outside of it and so far it looks like it might have worked. You have a good evening Donald and see you tomorrow.

Oldfart9999

Good morning UB nation! I see the Doctor at 8:45, no PA, the Doctor. I haven't been given Cipro even though I suggested it, I'm going to see about a referral if possible.
Top, can't they fix you up so you could go back to work? There are vets with artificial limbs back in service!
SHC, the big girls should come back shallow when the water cools, they'll follow the baitfish. The other possibility is some kind of boat.
Donald, the little mobsters are going to behave? It would be a minor miracle but a very welcome one. Enjoy the good weather and get out fishing if you can. We have a front coming through, the water temps are headed down, only 60-62 when I was out Saturday, turnover isn't far off. Winter just around the corner here and they are saying it's going to be a hard one.
Lip, good deal on the roof, easy enough fix. Hope you and Diana got your shopping done. We had rain overnight but it's gone, cold front coming through.
Have a great day and be well!!
Rodney

topdsm0138

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on October 24, 2017, 06:07:26 AM
Good morning UB nation! I see the Doctor at 8:45, no PA, the Doctor. I haven't been given Cipro even though I suggested it, I'm going to see about a referral if possible.
Top, can't they fix you up so you could go back to work? There are vets with artificial limbs back in service!
SHC, the big girls should come back shallow when the water cools, they'll follow the baitfish. The other possibility is some kind of boat.
Donald, the little mobsters are going to behave? It would be a minor miracle but a very welcome one. Enjoy the good weather and get out fishing if you can. We have a front coming through, the water temps are headed down, only 60-62 when I was out Saturday, turnover isn't far off. Winter just around the corner here and they are saying it's going to be a hard one.
Lip, good deal on the roof, easy enough fix. Hope you and Diana got your shopping done. We had rain overnight but it's gone, cold front coming through.
Have a great day and be well!!
Rodney
Good luck with your Dr appt.

As for me, this has been an ongoing problem for over two years. In short, was sent to Medic after an accident. "Medic" (I refuse to take medical advice from someone fresh outta high school) said "there's nothing wrong but pulled muscle. Take ibuprofen and water." Never sent me to the hospital on base. I could barely walk so went to my personal Dr who did an MRI and Xray, my discs were herniated. Brought all that paperwork/results back to my Unit to dispute. I was "wrong" for going against our "medics" advice and should have never seen my Dr. Thus the legal battle began.

topdsm0138

Good morning guys.

Lipripper

Good afternoon everyone and it's 47* and  ~rain and has been  ~rain steady all night and so far no leaks in the roof.  ~c~ ~c~ Good luck at the Dr's today Rodney and hope you get what you need to fix you up. I spent three hours in Home Depot with Diana yesterday and this morning she said she needed to return some things and I said bye good luck  lo lo top that sounds just like the service. I've known severy friends that tell the same story, ~xyz ~xyz Hope you get it worked out. Hope everyone has a nice day. I'm going to Walmart just as soon as it stops  ~rain

SteelHorseCowboy

Top, always fun with military medicine, ain't it?
This may be TMI, but in Iraq I went to sick call with a raging case of roids. Medical officer prescribed me NASAL SPRAY, just to prove a point to a colleague.
I will say, it worked. Pretty quickly too. Did nothing for the pain though.

Take motrin, drink water, change your socks.
Oh, and squirt some nasal spray on that.

Lipripper

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on October 24, 2017, 04:29:13 PM
Top, always fun with military medicine, ain't it?
This may be TMI, but in Iraq I went to sick call with a raging case of roids. Medical officer prescribed me NASAL SPRAY, just to prove a point to a colleague.
I will say, it worked. Pretty quickly too. Did nothing for the pain though.

Take motrin, drink water, change your socks.
Oh, and squirt some nasal spray on that.
lo lo Yelp that sounds like them government Docs.

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone,

Beautiful day here in Central Texas Clear Skies with the temps in the low 70's.  ~sun  We're forecasted for Clear Skies and mid temps for the rest of the week.  Another interesting day at work.  I just don't understand why these 6,7, and 8 grade kids do what they do.  I got a call today to come to the ISS > In School Suspension Classroom.  They have their own restroom in their classroom.  I get there and the paper towel dispenser is near emptied.  Lying all over the floor is torn up pieces of the paper towels.  They're all soak and wet from this kid pissing all over them.  He pissed in the trash can too  :-\  What makes a kid do that crap?  Anyway one of the assistant principals got him and carried him up stairs to his office.  I got the mess cleaned up and mopped the floor.  Other than this I had a pretty quiet day at work.

Lip; That's great news on the roof.   

Rodney; Hope your Doctor's appointment went well for ya. 

Top;  Hope the back is feeling somewhat better this morning.

SHC; Wow, some Roids treatment there.  I went on sick call once for roids.  Our medics sent me to see the Bde Surgeon.  He took a look and 30 minutes later he showed them to me on a 4x4 gauzed pad.  He gave me a 48hr profile no running, jumping etc.  He did the whole procedure right there in Bde Aid Station with (2) E4 Medics I put through Basic Training at Ft. Knox.  We all got a good laugh about that while he was cutting away the roids.   

Guys you all have a very pleasant evening and a better day tomorrow.