Oct Bassing and BS'n

Started by Donald Garner, October 01, 2017, 07:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigP83

Made it to duluth in the snow and people were out on Lake Superior surfing!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Lipripper

Quote from: CraigP83 on October 27, 2017, 10:06:54 PM
Made it to duluth in the snow and people were out on Lake Superior surfing!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
You left your board at home.  lo lo No surfing around here today. It's 37* and with the 20 MPH wind it feels like 30* and only going up to 44* and it cloudy. everyone and Donald hope you didn't get home too late last night. Rodney hows your ear doing today and you getting some of this cool weather or  ~rain over your way this morning? SHC did that guy come by and get that bike yesterday? Hope everyone has a nice day and be safe out there and remember to say a prayer for Mike and Laurie and the kids and their daughter today.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

It was cold this morning 29dgrs with the wind chill factor  :blue  We got Blue Bird skies and later on today the temps are suppose to get into the low 60's.  These little cold snaps don't ever last long here in Central Texas  ;) 

Lip; Made it hope around 11pm last night.  The home team won their Home Coming game.  Hope your ear infection is getting better. 

Craig; Tks for sharing the picture.  It looks cold and nasty out there  ~shade

To everyone have a pleasant and safe weekend.  Hopefully the aches and pains will be going away here soon.  Tight lines if you're heading out to the water.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

SteelHorseCowboy

Yes, the fella did come and get the bike.
Me and junior done watched two movies, played some video games, and I'm about to take a nap. These wimmin folk are taking FOREVER to get ready. All we's doin is picking up a new reel and some clothes and groceries. Not like we're going to a friggin wedding!

Lipripper

Morning Donald and 29* with the chill factor is a little colder then what I was.  lo lo but you will for sure be a whole lot warmer than me before the day is done. So when is the Mrs going to be leaving to go to Alaska ? SHC  lo lo Hope it don't take as long to pick out them clothes. It won't take you long to get that reel and them groceries as long as you have a list to go by. I always have a list when I go grocery shopping and get what's on the list and then it's time to go. That's why I do all the  grocery shopping by myself. ;D

SteelHorseCowboy

I took about a 30 minute nap. We've been at the mall for two hours. I've gotten a pair of jeans.

Lipripper

Quote from: SteelHorseCowboy on October 28, 2017, 01:37:38 PM
I took about a 30 minute nap. We've been at the mall for two hours. I've gotten a pair of jeans.
Diana and I went to Walmart and spent about 2 hours in that crowded store   :surrender: to pick up a few things and for her to get her Rx then we went to Home Depot to return some thing she bought on her last trip there and to get some different plant pots and that only took about 45 minutes  :shocking: boy wasI shocked. lo lo So did you get your reel?

SteelHorseCowboy

I did! I just picked it up a few minutes ago!
Right before I picked it up, I found a pair of work boots in Ross and the girl found some jeans and a couple of shirts. Then we got my new reel, went to a costume shop to pick up this $5 mask to complete my son's costume.

Now I'm in Walmart myself! The bathroom here is much cleaner than Target. I needed to sit down and rest, and look up what sort of replacement bulb to get for the Traverse's brake light.

Oh, I checked out Target's fishing section!

And needed to sit down and rest in Target. I'd be hard pressed to ever take the girl shopping again. Found a little spot at the TV display where they had rows of chairs, so I watched some commercials.

So now, a brake light bulb, drawers for the boy and boots if they got 'em... and I think that's it!
I think I won't even have a chance to try out that Curado today.

Lipripper

Dang you spent a lot of time at the store today.  ~sweat Hope you don't have to go back any time soon.  :surrender: Don't look like Target has to much fishing stuff. lo lo

SteveTX

Quote from: Lipripper on October 28, 2017, 06:45:09 PM
Don't look like Target has to much fishing stuff. lo lo
I was thinking the same thing.  lo

SteelHorseCowboy

I have no idea what the girl's deal was today. We always end up waiting for the women folk, but it's really no more than the "five more minutes!" that men always hear. These two say "five more minutes!" and that's my cue to start the car and have another smoke before hitting the road.
Today our daughter took TWO... FREAKING... HOURS! To get ready to leave the house.
At JC Penny, she spent twenty minutes in the dressing room with two flippin shirts.

Quite frankly, I was starting to get peeved. Junior and I explored the whole mall in the amount of time it took her and her mom to visit 3 stores and her to decide she didn't like anything they had.
I'm very glad it was a whole family outing. Connie isn't one who likes to "just shop", but she doesn't mind it. So we split up in pairs. At target, junior was playing some of the video games on display while I sat and watched commercials.

TVs sure have come a long way. It don't show good in that pic, but those hockey players looked freakin real y'all! The crappy little 15" on my desk that I only keep for video games is so fuzzy that we don't even play video games. It mostly collects dust. I do have a pretty slick laptop, but it don't hold a candle to these screens.

I unboxed the Curado! It's now mounted and spooled. I decided to forgo getting another rod for now, so I switched things around again. The Caenan is now on the Black Max rod, I did that a few days ago and it performs well on it, and the Curado is on the 7' Vigilante. I practiced some pitching from my chair in the living room, tossing a rubber spider (halloween decoration) to the far side of the dining room.
Took me a few minutes to get the hang of it, it's a technique I've only tried a handful of times. I've just never needed it.

Speaking of rubber spider halloween decorations...
I've put one on a hook. I figure a rubber spider on a hook don't sound any dumber than a rubber worm on a hook. Wonder if it'll catch anything?

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,

Clear skies 36dgrs here for the start of the day in Central Texas. Its suppose to be in the mid 70's by this afternoon.  We're off to church here in a few minutes.  I think we're heading over to Olive Garden for lunch afterwards but not for sure.  I'm going to put some chalk around our windows this afternoon.  The wife informed me that she seen some water on one of the inside ledges last week. 

SHC; I don't shop at Target for a lot of reasons.  IMO they have the worst sporting good sections I've ever seen.  Tks for sharing the shopping trip with us also  ;)  I've had a few of those in my time also.

Lip; The wife flies out next week and will return just after Thanksgiving.  We're flying back up there for Christmas this year also.  I get to see a White Christmas once again.  How's the ear infection coming along?

Rodney and everyone else have a pleasant Sunday.  Tight lines if you're heading out to the water.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Lipripper

everyone and it's 34* but the  ~sun is coming out and it's going to get up to 44* today and the winds is only blowing at 10 MPH now. SHC I've been through that setup to many times and after raising 3 daughters and several girl foster kids I know how you feel.  ~sweat Just love them only 5 minutes deals . lo lo Hope you can get out and break in your new reel soon. Donald enjoy church and don't spend the whole day working relax a little. I know the Mrs is excited to see the kids again and hope she has a safe trip. I know you will miss her but enjoy the alone time also.  ;D Rodney how you doing today and is them meds helping your ear infection yet? Hope everyone has a great day and be safe out there and remember to say a prayer for Mike and Laurie and the kids and their daughter also.

Oldfart9999

Good morning all!! 43, raining, cloudy, high winds expected, possible flooding, going to be 2 or 3 days like this. Got out for a bit yesterday morning, 3 bass, 2 on a Ned rig, 1 on a small crank, 7 or 8 nice perch including several jacks on the same gear, they forgot they're not bass. lo lo Spent a couple of hours to get 2 spinning reels to work right, I'd been having some issues with them, one is a Johnny Morris  that I bought as a clearance sale. The reel had issues from day one, I should have taken it back but I stuck it on a shelf, I tried to use this year, it went back on the shelf, yesterday I finally spent time with it. The drag disks had enough grease for 10 reels and one part was put in wrong, took a bit but I finally figured it out, one little change and it works like a champ now. ;D I'm slowly upgrading my equipment and I thought I would trade them when BPS has their next sale like that but don't need to now, money goes toward other stuff!! ;D :)
Have a great day, stay dry and warm!!!
Rodney 
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Morning Rodney and glad you were able to get out for a little while and catch some fish.  ~c~ ~c~ Glad you got that Johnny Morris spinning reel to work right. I have a  Johnny Morris Elite bait caster and I love mine I use it for just about everything cause I'm cheep and only have one  lo lo Hope you don't get to wet up there. Did you get that leaking condensate pump plugged up to stop the leak till you can get it replaced? Hope you have a nice day and you got anything cooking on the smoker today?

SteelHorseCowboy

I went out this morning and didn't catch a blaming thing. Again. Same as last time, there was fishes all around, hopping and popping, shad tearing up bugs, bass tearing up shad, and nothin hittin a dang thing I'm throwing, no matter what I'm throwing.

The new reel is a work of art.
I did manage to find something to complain about though. The brake adjustment knob. It's tiny, has tiny numbers, stiff to turn, and it's on the bottom. Beyond that? Well worth the money.

I wanted the HG with 7.?:1 ratio, but the only one in town was the XG with 8.5:1. So what the heck, right?

I did notice a difference in effort to turn this high geared reel vs it's lower geared cousin Caenan. But the much longer handle off set that, and the buttery smooth retrieves made the skunk fest a joy!

Lipripper

Afternoon SHC and that is a nice looking reel. Sorry you couldn't get them active fish to bite.  :'( I'm going to have to give you a discount on them diplomas  lo lo

SteveTX

Quote from: Lipripper on October 29, 2017, 04:19:06 PM
Afternoon SHC and that is a nice looking reel. Sorry you couldn't get them active fish to bite.  :'( I'm going to have to give you a discount on them diplomas  lo lo

Somehow I knew this was coming before I even read his entire post.  ~roflmao 

I went out this afternoon and almost fell short myself throwing a large swimbait like a idiot. I grabbed a frog and boated me one 16" and went back to the stupid swimbait. Of course I didn't even get a nibble on the swimbait. I wasn't happy with the color choice I got and it irritates me that I didn't get the ones I wanted. I didn't have any confidence before I threw it all evening and I still don't. I'm gonna get the Pearl White ones and I think I will have a chance then.

Oldfart9999

IT'S MONDAY!!! YEEAAA!!! A WHOLE BRAND SPANKY SQUEAKY CLEAN WEEK!!! Ok, that's over! lo lo 42 headed to 49, winds some gale force, cloudy, sunny when it's not cloudy, I hadn't planned to go fishing based on the weather forecast. lo lo Won't be many leaves left after today!!
Lip, they had to replace a fitting on the condensate pump, they charged us for a normal service call. I was told by the installers to put some bleach in the pump once a month to stop algae growth, the service guy thinks that's what ruined the fitting, to only put the bleach in at the beginning of the heating season and at the end. I don't have any JM baitcasting reels, just the 1 spinning reel, which I want to try out, think I'm going to like it. ;D :)
Donald, did you have a good day watching football? It was a good day to rest here with all the rain we got, a cold wet day that reminds you winter isn't far off! :(
SHC, nice looking reel there, from the reviews you have many years of good use!! ;D
Steve Target makes our Wally Worlds look like tackle stores and they don't have much. lo lo
Have a great day, stay warm!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

SteelHorseCowboy

Hey, I'm sure I'm not the only one who fishes at least a little bit nearly every single day and goes home empty handed! I'm just the only one who'll admit it! Haha!

Lipripper

everyone and we are having a heat wave  ~sweat it's 45* overcast and a slight breeze but no  ~rain  and going all the way up to 49*.  ;D
Donald here's some fresh and for your morning break. Rodney we still have just about all the leaves on our trees but with just a little cold weather and some wind that could change real fast. I've heard of that bleach trick before hope it works for you, I don't think I've seen a JM spinning reel but then I don't get out much either.  ~roflmao ~roflmao SHC you are more than likely right about that. Some of the guys don't like getting them skunk diplomas so they don't make any reports  lo lo I have to figure out who wants them and who don't. lo lo Hope everyone has a nice day and remember to say a prayer for Mike and Laurie and the kids and their daughter also. Be safe out there and make sure you get enough candy to pass out tomorrow night.  ;D

topdsm0138

Here's some fun(ny) boating tips from your old friend, Red Green. Have a laugh and enjoy.

Boat trailer tires:

Backing a boat at the ramp:

How to make a "utility boat":

Backing a boat up made easy:

And boating on a budget:

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Lipripper

Quote from: topdsm0138 on October 30, 2017, 03:57:08 PM
Here's some fun(ny) boating tips from your old friend, Red Green. Have a laugh and enjoy.

Boat trailer tires:

Backing a boat at the ramp:

How to make a "utility boat":

Backing a boat up made easy:

And boating on a budget:

I've seen some of them before he is funny.  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Lipripper

Hey Rodney and Donald I tried something to eat tonight that I haven't had since my cancer treatment. I put it off far as long as possible just in case I didn't like it anymore. I cooked up 3 lbs of bacon and after I tasted a couple of strips I ate about half of it. Note to self put Bacon back on the list again for my next trip to the store.  ;D

topdsm0138

Quote from: Lipripper on October 30, 2017, 05:08:22 PM
I've seen some of them before he is funny.  ~roflmao ~roflmao
Yeah, sad that good, clean humor is about all but non-existent nowadays.

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont