Christmas Adopt-a-Family Raffle

Started by Mike Cork, October 24, 2017, 01:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

As many of you long timers know, Ultimate Bass holds a raffle to raise money for a needy family each year. So far we've helped out 4 families. These families typically had extreme medical bills that prevented a joy filled holiday season. The recipients can use the funds however they see fit. This family will be picked from suggestions of the membership, by the moderators, with Mother Nature having the final vote.

So first the raffle. I am late getting started on this but so far the raffle consists of

First place prize:
Gary donated a Dobyns Rods Colt Series spinning rod
UB is donating a Lews Spinning Reel
Mr Twister is donating  $100 worth of plastics

Second Place:

$100 bait package from Fishing Frenzy Tackle. Photo coming soon.

Third Place:

$40 dollar gift card to Monster Fishing Tackle

Tickets are your basic Raffle Ticket. Ticket cost is $5 per ticket or 5 tickets for $20. We take all forms of money :-* You can mail a check (please let me know it's coming), we prefer Pay Pal, and if you want to use a CC we can sent you a Pay Pal invoice that you can pay without having and Pay Pal account. See the bottom of the post for further information.

I will message you the numbers of your tickets. You'll need to hang onto these numbers. On December 19th we will draw the winners and post the ticket numbers. I'm hoping to do the drawing on Facebook Live to ensure the integrity of the raffle, but that is still to be determined as we need to practice it LOL. (You do not have to have Facebook in order to win, winning numbers will be published on the Ultimate Bass forums)

The funds recipient - I will take nominations over the next two weeks. Please look to your Ultimate Bass neighbors first and then to your local neighborhood. The recipient does not have to be a UB member, but we like to make sure we don't miss one of our own. Please submit a nomination via email ([Please enable JavaScript to see this content]) or PM it to me here on the site.

(NOTE: I heard through the grapevine that many who knew this raffle was coming were throwing Mike and Laurie into the potential recipient pot, please don't do this. The Ultimate Bass members through support and prayers have righted our ship, they boys are well clothed and have enough toys to keep them busy to Christmas. We now have a budget for the Holidays thanks to you all)

How to Pay for Tickets

Mailing Address:

Ultimate Bass
C/O Adopt a Family
5422 Amber Circle
Benton La 71006

Pay Pal address

First and foremost, save everyone the fees and send funds as "Friends and Family"
[Please enable JavaScript to see this content]
Please put Adopt a Family in the notes section.

Credit Card

Our only option here is to send you an invoice via Pay Pal, you do not have to have a Pay Pal account to pay the invoice. However there is a 3% surcharge and since this is a fund raiser, I'll split it with you.

Disclaimer: We have to have one so here it goes. All rules of this raffle are subject to change by site administration. Ultimate Bass is not responsible for the delivery of prizes, however we will provide our best efforts to ensure winners receive their prizes in a timely manner.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Smallie_Stalker

Once again UB shows why it is the greatest place on the web period. So proud of everybody here for doing this each year.  ~c~

Mike, you know my Pay Pal is messed up so I will get the first round of funds out to you in the mail next week.

Unfortunately this weeks $$ is already spent.   :(
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

FD

I'm in again!

Sent from the end of the paved road.....
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Lipripper

Quote from: Fishindaddy on October 26, 2017, 03:21:30 AM
I'm in again!

Sent from the end of the paved road.....

I will be too just as soon as I get my SS check the first of next month.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SteveTX

My first Christmas here on UB but this is cool. I cant do much but I threw a $20 in.  :)

Lipripper

Quote from: SteveTX on October 26, 2017, 11:36:50 AM
My first Christmas here on UB but this is cool. I cant do much but I threw a $20 in.  :)
Steve it's not the amount we give but the spirit we give it in and if enough of us that can't give much give what we can that will make a big difference to a family that needs it.  ;D

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Lipripper on October 26, 2017, 11:50:43 AM
Steve it's not the amount we give but the spirit we give it in and if enough of us that can't give much give what we can that will make a big difference to a family that needs it.  ;D

Exactly!!!  Thank you Steve.  ~c~

Mike Cork

Okay we're off and running.

We've got donations from

CaptSteve
FishinDaddy
Lipripper
Donald Garner

We need to step up the pace though so spread the word, sell tickets to your fishing buddies and your online fishing friends. It's easy and the cause is greater than all of us.

Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Quote from: Mike Cork on November 01, 2017, 02:55:24 PM

We've got donations from

CaptSteve
FishinDaddy
Lipripper
Donald Garner

We need to step up the pace though so spread the word, sell tickets to your fishing buddies and your online fishing friends. It's easy and the cause is greater than all of us.
Mike I don't remember seeing anything posted about this on Face Book. Has it been posted on there if so I must of missed it.

SteveTX

Quote from: Mike Cork on November 01, 2017, 02:55:24 PM

We've got donations from

CaptSteve
FishinDaddy
Lipripper
Donald Garner

Did mine go through on PayPal?

Lee Smith

Quote from: Lipripper on November 01, 2017, 03:38:35 PM
Mike I don't remember seeing anything posted about this on Face Book. Has it been posted on there if so I must of missed it.
I put it on my personal page
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Lipripper

hughesjasonk

Quote from: Lee Smith on November 01, 2017, 05:14:27 PM
I put it on my personal page
I posted it on my personal page the other day

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Lipripper

Quote from: hughesjasonk on November 01, 2017, 05:16:49 PM
I posted it on my personal page the other day

Will have to swing by and check yours out too.

hughesjasonk

Quote from: Lipripper on November 01, 2017, 05:17:56 PM
Will have to swing by and check yours out too.
This is what I wrote

For my fisherman out there... Mike Cork from UltimateBass is hosting a raffle as a fundraiser for UltimateBass to Adopt a Family during Christmas time. The tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20. If you can support and possibly help a family in need please do. Of course the more money that is raised the more families can be helped that are in need. You can purchase the tickets through PayPal by PayPaling this email address or you can email the email address and he'll send you a Paypal invoice if you want to pay for them with a credit card. [Please enable JavaScript to see this content] If you pay by credit card there will be a surcharge.

Prizes

First place prize:
Gary donated a Dobyns Rods Colt Series spinning rod
UB is donating a Lews Spinning Reel
Mr Twister is donating  $100 worth of plastics

Second Place:

$100 bait package from Fishing Frenzy Tackle. Photo coming soon.

Third Place:
Still in work but I'm behind and need to get this started. I'll have a prize locked in soon.

Last but not least here's the website if you are wanting to get a little more specific information or read all the rules and disclaimers.

Lipripper

Yelp that should help some. I just now copied what Lee posted and posted it on my page.  ;D

Terry G

Mike Cork

Quote from: SteveTX on November 01, 2017, 05:13:24 PM
Did mine go through on PayPal?

Yes, I'll get you added and your numbers sent soon.

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Sorry but our Facebook promoter has been wrapped up, but she has a helper now and we're blending all the contests raffles and drawing in this month.

We have a $40 gift card to Monster Fishing Tackle for third now  ~c~

Cork's Reel Service

twocold

I'm in Mike you should have a paypal payment. Come on group let's get this thing rolling!! Great cause

Captsteve

I just put it on my Facebook page too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

SteveTX

I don't do face****  lo Sorry I am not a good advertiser in that respect.
But a thank you to all of you who are advertising.

Lipripper

Quote from: Mike Cork on November 01, 2017, 08:51:49 PM
Sorry but our Facebook promoter has been wrapped up, but she has a helper now and we're blending all the contests raffles and drawing in this month.

We have a $40 gift card to Monster Fishing Tackle for third now  ~c~
All right another great prize. I will wait till next week one day and post it to my page again with this prize added to it and as soon as we know the story to the family that is chosen I will post that also. Might help touch someones and cause them to give something.

basss

I will join the donations group tomorrow, aka- Payday!
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

Smallie_Stalker

Mike my first round of funds will be in the mail this weekend. I will also put it up on all my social media accounts before the weekend is out.