Nice fish in the cold and fog today

Started by Pacific NW Ron, October 27, 2017, 06:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific NW Ron

Launched this morning at 8:30am in a foggy 37 degrees.  Fished till about 2pm.  After the fog burned off it got to a very comfortable 64 degrees.  Water was between 54 and 57 degrees.  Just a slight breeze.  I only put two fish in the boat today.  One was a nice 6.1lb and the other a small 12" fish.  Both caught on a swim bait in 10' to 12' deep open water  Lost one more that wrapped me around a chain that was anchoring a dock. 
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Lipripper

All right Ron thanks for the report and nice looking fish. ~c~ ~c~ Sorry you lost that one on the dock holder.  :'( Yelp it does look a little fogy out  there. 64* that would feel like a heat wave up here today it only got up to 42* and with the stout wind that has been blowing since last night the wind chill felt like 32*.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Ron, congrats on the catching  ~c~  Thanks for sharing the picture of that nice looking bass also.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Wizard

Nice bass, Ron. You look the part of an outdoorsman with the beard and hat. I always wanted to catch one of those huge sturgeon but ever got past Seattle-Tacoma after an overseas flight.

Wizard

Pacific NW Ron

Thanks, can't help the way I look.  I've had the beard since 1975.  Those ugly fish (sturgeon) are powerful and fighters. 
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?