We marked most fish in 12' to 20' of water.

Started by Pacific NW Ron, October 30, 2017, 06:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific NW Ron

Launched this morning with clear sky in 37 degree temps at about 8:30am.  Temperature got to 59 by the time we quit at 1:45pm   Slight wind maybe around 2 to 4mph.  Water temp was still at 55 degrees with about 3' visibility.  It was a nice day except for one thing.  No fish not even a bite.  We fished in water from 3' to 20' deep.  We marked most fish in 12' to 20' of water. 
Unless we get a few more nice days this winter this will be my last trip till spring.  My arthritic fingers just can't handle the cold anymore and I don't like fishing with gloves.  Early this morning my fingers were so numb on a cast I almost threw my rod and lews reel in the water.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Lipripper

Sorry you didn't catch any fish today Ron and I'm like you can't fish in the cold anymore. Hope you can get out a few more times before it gets and stays cold. We can't have you end the season on a skunk note.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Pacific NW Ron

You got that right.  I should have ended it Friday with that 6.1lber.  We usually get a few nice days in November yet, and even December.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Lipripper

Quote from: sportsmansfriend on October 30, 2017, 07:36:16 PM
You got that right.  I should have ended it Friday with that 6.1lber.  We usually get a few nice days in November yet, and even December.
Ron
Hope you do and not to worry I put away my skunk printer  ;D

Pacific NW Ron

Quote from: Lipripper on October 31, 2017, 10:04:15 AM
Hope you do and not to worry I put away my skunk printer  ;D

Whew, the pressure is off. 
Ron

Lipripper

Quote from: sportsmansfriend on October 31, 2017, 10:45:00 AM
Whew, the pressure is off. 
Ron
Yelp so just go out and enjoy yourself but hope you catch at least one nice fish to end the season on. ~bb

Pacific NW Ron

Can you believe what my wife said when I told her I wasn't getting a skunk award?   ???  She asked me if I wasn't upset  ::)  I had to explain to her that no I wasn't as this is not some thing most anglers really want to get  lo
Ron

Lipripper

Quote from: sportsmansfriend on October 31, 2017, 11:26:28 AM
Can you believe what my wife said when I told her I wasn't getting a skunk award?   ???  She asked me if I wasn't upset  ::)  I had to explain to her that no I wasn't as this is not some thing most anglers really want to get  lo
Ron
~roflmao ~roflmao Tell her I can give you one if it would make her feel better. ~roflmao ~roflmao

Pacific NW Ron

Oh No, it's quite alright.  I think she has moved on to bigger and better things.  ~sweat 
Ron

Lipripper

Quote from: sportsmansfriend on October 31, 2017, 04:04:03 PM
Oh No, it's quite alright.  I think she has moved on to bigger and better things.  ~sweat 
Ron
~roflmao ~roflmao Good for you, ;D

Mike Cork

Numb hands and fingers are a no go for me as well, I've found a hand warmer packet in each pocket gets me through the morning cold. After the sun gets up good, the bitter cold lets up. Or I will fish late morning to evening. In the cooler water bass bite better from lunch until an hour before dark anyway.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service