WDFW Fishing Rule Change: Green River and North Fork Toutle open to retention of

Started by Pacific NW Ron, October 31, 2017, 08:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific NW Ron

WDFW FISHING RULE CHANGE   
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
http://wdfw.wa.gov

October 31, 2017

Green River and North Fork Toutle open to retention of coho salmon

Action: Green River (Cowlitz Co.) and North Fork Toutle River open to hatchery coho retention.

Species affected: Coho and chinook salmon

Effective dates: Nov.1 through Nov. 30, 2017

Locations: The North Fork Toutle and Green rivers

Reason for action: The North Toutle Hatchery is now on track to meet egg-take goals for coho salmon, but remains short of the goals for chinook salmon.

Other information: Retention of hatchery coho was closed Oct.17 to allow for collection of necessary broodstock. The daily limit is 6 hatchery coho; up to 2 may be adults. Retention of chinook salmon in the Green and North Fork Toutle rivers was closed Oct. 2 and will remain closed.     

Information contact: (360) 696-6211. For latest information press *1010.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Lipripper

I tell you it would be hard to keep up with what's open to fish and what's not open.  :surrender:

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Pacific NW Ron

It is challenging.  Because of all those changes and the uncertainty of what they are going to do with some regulations on most species and bass pretty much being untouched by these changes is why bass fishing is getting much more attention in recent years. 
WDFW complains about loosing revenue but these changes are a big part of it.  Why buy a salt water endorsement if you're not going to be able to fish it a full season.  You also need to buy catch record cards for many species as well. 
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Lipripper

Quote from: sportsmansfriend on November 01, 2017, 12:03:42 PM
It is challenging.  Because of all those changes and the uncertainty of what they are going to do with some regulations on most species and bass pretty much being untouched by these changes is why bass fishing is getting much more attention in recent years. 
WDFW complains about loosing revenue but these changes are a big part of it.  Why buy a salt water endorsement if you're not going to be able to fish it a full season.  You also need to buy catch record cards for many species as well. 
Ron
I know I couldn't keep up with all them rules and changes that happen on a daily bases  ~sweat

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet