Too Good to be True

Started by Bud Kennedy, December 11, 2017, 09:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

Tracking my new rod from Monster indicated that it was out for delivery for today December 11.  Until this morning they were showing the product was in Myrtle Beach with a delivery schedule of Tuesday the 12th.  OK fine , today would have been great.  To make a long story short it did not show.  I checked the tracking system and it advised that the delivery was not made because there was no secure place to leave the package but they left a notification. 

Well, there was no notification and by the way I was here all day and there was no one ever coming to the door and this was confirmed by a quick review of the security video for the time period they listed.  My home is in a gated community and during their delivery time it would have been dark outside but I have enough security lighting plus all the christmas decorations that you probably can see the place from the space station.  So obviously no one really even tried to make a delivery.  One thing for sure there are lies and damn lies so you choose which one it may have been.  I have requested re delivery for tomorrow I wonder if it will arrive.

I really don't care when it arrives, Just tell me the truth and do what you say you are going to do.  Probably will never know what really happened but it still irritates me.  Don't they realize everything is on video these days.  Oh by the way checked the front gate security log and no deliveries were in the community at the time they specified.  So, There you go.

Jared LeBlue

That would aggravate me. When you see its out for delivery and then it doesn't show is bad enough but then they lie about it.  ~xyz
Ardent Prostaff

SteveTX

I feel your pain Bud. I cant stand a liar or a thief both (usually the same person) really make my bad side come out. I am like you just tell me the truth I can handle it I promise. (I'm not a Millennial lo )   

Princeton_Man

I would be making a phone call to the carrier. If they are attempting to deliver to the wrong location, you may never see the rod. I'd also be offering to send a picture of the house to the delivery driver's supervisor.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

SFL BassHunter

I'm with Princeton on this. Verify they are trying to deliver to the right place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Capt. BassinLou

I hate it when carriers do this. During this time of year you will see this often if your tracking a specific package. There is high probability the package will be delivered this morning. The driver probably ran out of time yesterday.  They put down what ever excuse they can think of to deliver the package the following day. Is it right? No, but that's how it goes sometimes.

SFL BassHunter

Happened to me recently with a purchase. Waited all day for it. Never showed up. That's the excuse they put down. They delivered the next day. Of course while I wasn't there so my package sat outside all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Pacific NW Ron

Sounds to me they may have tried to deliver it to the wrong house, but like you say you may never know. 
Mike and I have just had an experience as well.  I sent him a re-arm kit for his vest on 11/21/2017.  It is finally out for delivery today, so they say.  USPS showed no movement for several days.  I called and they had, what Mike and I thought was some stupid excuse.  But all of a sudden a couple days later it started to move again.
Anyways, back to your issue.  I hope your rod shows up today.
Good luck
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Bud Kennedy

Ron all the paperwork has the correct address.  I guess it could have an error on the shipping label but who knows.  I don't think that was the problem because security has no record of the delivery vehicle in the community at that time.  Currently tracking is saying it is out for re delivery.  I guess we will see.

Polaris425

That's strange b/c a rod showed up at my house yesterday and I thought wait, I didn't order this???

Just kidding Bud... lol.

I'm with everyone else. There's no telling what the reason for the lie was but it was clearly a lie.
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

Sc Bassin

I have had a problem with UPS not getting here on the day they say the last couple of times, once 2 days late.  I just call the seller & they refund the shipping fee.

Bud Kennedy

The rod was just delivered.  As always it is packaged very well and no damage.  The carrier, who I have known for a few years offered her apologies and let me know that her vehicle was so full yesterday that they put many of the packages on another truck to be delivered by a helper.  She was very concerned because a copy of my complaint was in her box by her supervisor and she was very concerned.  I told her that the reason for non deliver was a bogus entry and she showed me that on their electronics there is no menu selection for a circumstances where the person did not finish the route.  I do appreciate that she did make a special stop here this morning as a result of my complaint.   ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

Lipripper

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SFL BassHunter

Sounds like she shouldn't be the one getting the complaint. The helper should. A good supervisor would have tracked your package and seen it was placed on another truck and not hers.
That is assuming she wasn't lying about the extra truck.

So you put a reel on it already and you're going to take it out this week for "testing" right?
Florida Bass Fishing

Oldfart9999

Honest mistake, there should have been some checking and honesty telling you what happened. With all the on-line buying now it's not surprising the carriers are overwhelmed.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Princeton_Man

Awesome Bud! Good that you pursued it. If there was a helper, I wonder why the helper didn't show up at your door. 

Glad your new Dobyns is in your hand!
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

CrankBassin

My sister in law works for the localish post office and said that most carriers hate this type of year because of all of the packages (free shipping) on top of the mail.  Often they cannot fit all of the packages on their trucks so they make multiple trips back to reload.  Said she went to one house 4 times in one day.  A lot of companies now indicate they are shipping UPS or FedEx but in actuality they ship it to the local post office and they complete the delivery to the home. 

Oddly enough, one of the websites my buddy visits offers free shipping.  He figure this was a good time to order a 50-pound med ball.  Well that arrived, the free shipping was still available, so he ordered a 100 and 150 pounders.  Delivery guy must hate him. 

SteelHorseCowboy

If it was USPS, a lot of their "helpers" are borderline full unemployed and wouldn't have an inbox for a complaint to be forwarded to from their manager.

Also largely unknown, UPS, USPS, and FedEx entered into a sort of partnership several years back when fuel was hitting the $3-$5 per gallon mark in most of the country. It saves all three of them some money, which means it saves us some money too, but also ensures we never know exactly who has our package. USPS mail may ride a FedEx plane across the country, then a UPS truck across the county, and delivered by the local mailman/lady. Or any other combo.

Just assume this for future referenoe: if a package is listed as being shipped by a specific carrier, that's who you file a claim with if your package is lost. If it's a FedEx shipment, but UPS loses it, it's FedEx's responsibility to reimburse you.

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on December 11, 2017, 09:10:00 PM
Tracking my new rod from Monster indicated that it was out for delivery for today December 11.  Until this morning they were showing the product was in Myrtle Beach with a delivery schedule of Tuesday the 12th.  OK fine , today would have been great.  To make a long story short it did not show.  I checked the tracking system and it advised that the delivery was not made because there was no secure place to leave the package but they left a notification. 

Well, there was no notification and by the way I was here all day and there was no one ever coming to the door and this was confirmed by a quick review of the security video for the time period they listed.  My home is in a gated community and during their delivery time it would have been dark outside but I have enough security lighting plus all the christmas decorations that you probably can see the place from the space station.  So obviously no one really even tried to make a delivery.  One thing for sure there are lies and damn lies so you choose which one it may have been.  I have requested re delivery for tomorrow I wonder if it will arrive.

I really don't care when it arrives, Just tell me the truth and do what you say you are going to do.  Probably will never know what really happened but it still irritates me.  Don't they realize everything is on video these days.  Oh by the way checked the front gate security log and no deliveries were in the community at the time they specified.  So, There you go.

Bud, this is the story of my life with our local post office. A good 7 or 8 out of 10 times they either say they left a notice but didn't, or sometimes they actually just leave a notice but never ring the bell. Security footage from the management office always confirms that they either never showed at all or entered the building with nothing but that slip in their hand and never bothered to even bring the package inside.

It got so bad that last year I went down to the local branch office and asked to speak with a manager. I brought my overly stuffed folder of slips, screenshots from my computer etc. and I let this person know in no uncertain terms that since we receive medical necessities through the mail that I would be holding her responsible from that point on if she couldn't get her carriers and drivers to do the job they get paid to do. Also told her that the management office had provided me with copies of video footage for all the complaints I had.

She gave me her direct phone number at the office and told me to call her if I ever had any more trouble and she would personally deliver my package by the end of the day I call her. I think she may be regretting saying that because she has had to make quite a few trips to our apartment after she gets off work to deliver.

The real head scratcher in this whole thing is that we still have the same carrier.  ~b~ She never lost her job or even got reassingned.   :-\

Several members of my wife's family made careers working for the Post Office. They all tell me the same thing - because they are federal employees in a very strong union it's almost impossible to get fired. They would have to do something illegal or really, really bad to lose their job.

I guess I should have chosen a career at the Post Office.  ::)
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

SteveTX

I saw this and thought of this thread.  lo

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: SteveTX on December 14, 2017, 05:18:57 PM
I saw this and thought of this thread.  lo

Wow, that is one magic truck!!! every time he throws the last package off, the truck makes another one appear.  ;)  ~shade  lo
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

SteveTX

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on December 15, 2017, 05:17:06 PM
Wow, that is one magic truck!!! every time he throws the last package off, the truck makes another one appear.  ;)  ~shade  lo
Yeah its a animated gif image so it just cycles / repeats a small section of time. I just kept looking at the boxes that appear to have been thrown and missed or fell off the conveyor. ~roflmao