Bass Tracker 40th Anniversary Edition

Started by Smallie_Stalker, January 17, 2018, 08:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smallie_Stalker

http://www.heritageboat.com/?cm_sp=HtgBBTrJan2018_EMAIL&om_rid=Ns7xpp&om_mid=_BaX3y$B9kFOLZ$

Tracker is coming out with a 40th Anniversary Edition of their first aluminum bass boat.

This brought back some fond memories for me. I had a 1979 (second year they were made) Bass Tracker that I bought in 2000 from a fellow club member. It needed a lot of work but it sure was fun fixin' it up and getting to fish out of an almost historic boat.   ~sun

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

SteveTX

I just watched that video. Had some cool historic kind a feel to it. However I found the boat not so inspiring by todays standards. And it was $10K

Oldfart9999

Compare the cost to the Tracker Pro 16 or 17. The thing the disappoints me is the lack of rod storage, only 3, really? The other is it won't take a 60 horse, or a 50, other than those 2 items it's a nice starter package at a decent price.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Princeton_Man

I have to agree with Rodney and Steve. Particularly Steve's nostalgia comment. I do remember that boat! There's very little chance I'd buy it today for that kind of money.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Polaris425

I may buy one to hold me over until I can get another BCB... lol
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

Nutt

For the price, that would be a great little starter boat, or great for someone who just wants to do some perch jerkin on smaller bodies of water.  This boat at this price is right up the alley for a couple of people that I know.
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

Polaris425

I may pick something like this up to use on club ponds, but I won't be stuck to the club pond like I would w/ a Jon boat. no pun intended.
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

Goldstar225

Quote from: Nutt on January 18, 2018, 03:29:49 PM
For the price, that would be a great little starter boat, or great for someone who just wants to do some perch jerkin on smaller bodies of water.  This boat at this price is right up the alley for a couple of people that I know.

I agree completely.  I think it's ideal for someone who doesn't need to get on a big lake.  I've looked at one in person and think it's a great idea.  When you compare it to the 160 or 170 with equal motors, it is as big as the 170 but about $4,000.00 less and it beats the 160 price by about $2500.00.  No matter how you cut it, that's a darn good price.

I'm not in the market for it, I just bought a 2018 PT 190 but 7-8 years ago I would have been all over it as my first step up from a jon boat.

jfergus7

Been looking at it since it came out.  Girlfriend works at Cabelas so just waiting to find out what her price on it will be.  Think we might pick one up if the discount is good enough

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jfergus7

Looks like we are going to go fill out the paperwork on Tuesday.  Spoke to one of the reps and I guess they have limited them now to 2500 and sounds like they are just about all gone. They think they will be all gone this week or so from what the sales guys were telling me this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveTX

Congrats then.  ~c~ I haven't seen one in person how well is the storage laid out? I cant find any walk through or details on it.

jfergus7

Quote from: SteveTX on February 12, 2018, 11:27:19 AM
Congrats then.  ~c~ I haven't seen one in person how well is the storage laid out? I cant find any walk through or details on it.

Storage is minimal to be honest. Gear and rod storage are gonna be my biggest problem.  Thinking about cutting open the front deck and putting in a few compartments.  Looks like it has room for a few.  She is buying the boat so can't do to much right away.  Honestly we figure good starter boat for a few years then major upgrade so see how it goes for now

SteveTX

Yeah I have a couple that I have been taking fishing I just sent all the info to him. He has been looking thinking he might score a decent used boat during the winter. It hasn't happened. This would be a great alternative maybe since he is new to boats being all new might be a great thing.

jfergus7

Just tell him to move quick if he is going to.  Think they will be sold out by end of week or next week

SteveTX

Quote from: jfergus7 on February 12, 2018, 02:10:21 PM
Just tell him to move quick if he is going to.  Think they will be sold out by end of week or next week

We are over an hour drive from the closest BassPro so I told him to call and talk with them for more details. Maybe see if one is on display? I think he said he would. I think he wants a little bigger boat but its like I told him satisfaction of knowing its all new and works properly is worth a lot. He has seen my struggles with little issues here and there on my used boat so he knows to pros and cons.

Thanks for the info though.

SFL BassHunter

It looks much better when you watch the video. For some reason I didn't like the colors in the pics but it doesn't look half bad.

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

jfergus7

Honestly it wouldn't be my first choice in colors but I do remember being a little kid when that boat originally came out and I have some of the BPS catalogs from back in that time so I do like it from the nostalgic stand point.

Lipripper

Quote from: jfergus7 on February 13, 2018, 09:29:45 AM
Honestly it wouldn't be my first choice in colors but I do remember being a little kid when that boat originally came out and I have some of the BPS catalogs from back in that time so I do like it from the nostalgic stand point.

Like you said buying the boat and it is a good starter boat. Be sure to take some  ;PHO) when you get her home.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

jfergus7

Well we were planning to go tomorrow morning and sign the papers for it now we are second guessing it and thinking about maybe going with the 175TXW instead.  Few thousand more but we both want to get into some tournaments and set up on it would be so much better.  Will decide tomorrow morning which we go with

Lipripper

Quote from: jfergus7 on February 13, 2018, 03:47:14 PM
Well we were planning to go tomorrow morning and sign the papers for it now we are second guessing it and thinking about maybe going with the 175TXW instead.  Few thousand more but we both want to get into some tournaments and set up on it would be so much better.  Will decide tomorrow morning which we go with

If y'all both want to get in to tournaments with it then go for it. Better to change now than after you get one and wish you had spent the extra money for one that would suit your needs better.

Lipripper

My friend who I go Crappie fishing with has a 2014 Pro Teamâ„¢ 175 TXW and we like that boat.

jfergus7

Ya looking at the amount of storage each of them has I think the Heritage just might not be worth it at this point.  We also want to take a lot of camping/fishing trips so we are planning on spending balling periods of time on it so the size and storage of the 175 I think will suite is much better.  I am taking her in the morning to see the 175 but I think I already have her convinced we should go with it

Wizard

I bought one of the first year boats to fish on small lakes. It was 4-5 years old at the time. The hulls were thin and didn't hold up as well as today's boats. The marine plywood must have been made in China. Marine plywood is designed to withstand water and weather elements. Being covered with carpet, I couldn't see the wood When I bought the boat. There was a little give and a little spring to the deck but I thought little about the plywood deteriorating already. The first season, the boat performed as expected. The second season, the fishing seats started to give way. I tore off off the carpet and the plywood was rotten in many places. Marine plywood at that time was stamped "Marine Plywood". No stamps found on the wood. Now, I have had 17 fiberglass boats and 4 tin boats. That Tracker was the only one I would label a POS. I hope the anniversary boat isn't made the same as the first boat.

Wizard

jfergus7

Alright this is getting tough.  We have both come to the agreement that the Heritage will definitely be to small so now that we are looking at the 175 and  upped the budget by $5k I have started looking at used boats in that $15k price point and have actually found some real nice ones.  Gonna be a tough decision between a brand new aluminum or a older used fiberglass

cojab

Quote from: jfergus7 on February 13, 2018, 09:17:22 PM
Alright this is getting tough.  We have both come to the agreement that the Heritage will definitely be to small so now that we are looking at the 175 and  upped the budget by $5k I have started looking at used boats in that $15k price point and have actually found some real nice ones.  Gonna be a tough decision between a brand new aluminum or a older used fiberglass

Now that your at this point, take your time. There should be some nice used boats coming up for sale now. Since you decided against the Heritage, you have plenty of time. They aren't going to stop making the 175 anytime soon.
BTW, I just saw the Heritage today. My BPS had one on the floor with a big Not For Sale sign on it. Said they had 10 on order and they wouldn't sell this one until the others got in stock.
While I'm sure it will suit some people just fine, it is small and there is very little storage.
TTK has spoken.