First trip of2018 a bust

Started by Reservoir Runner, February 12, 2018, 06:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reservoir Runner

Took the first trip of 2018 on the St. John's and it was a bust. Put in at Ed Stone Park, ran north toward Astor, nothing doing. I threw plastics, crankbaits, chatterbaits, and spinnerbaits but no takers. Water temp was in the 70 degree range and the water pretty tannic. Most of the pad fields that dotted the shorelines are pretty much history thanks to last years hurricane and there are quite a few new blowdowns as well. You could actually see the high water marks on the cypress trees, it was pretty interesting to see how high the river got. I am beginning to think maybe I should fish a litter further north, Astor and beyond and maybe I can start catching some fish. It was a nice day on the water, but a few bass would have made it better.

Lipripper

Sorry you didn't catch anything but hey at least your water was soft and fishable . lo lo I haven't plugged in my skunk printer yet cause this year it's a only if wanted for my skunk diplomas . ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SFL BassHunter

Darn sorry you didn't catch anything.
I'm sure you'll find them next time!
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Kris

Sorry it didn't work out today on the St John. Any day on the water fishing is still better than a day at work. Better luck next time.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

big g

Sorry to hear about the skunk trip.  Those things will happen from time to time.  I have found locally that the bite can change a lot from day to day.  I have done well in some tough areas right before the front.  Go out before the next front comes through.  You may find them jumping in the boat. :-*
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.