New Top of the Line Dobyns Rod

Started by Mike Cork, February 14, 2018, 02:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueGritAngler

Quote from: Gary Dobyns on May 21, 2018, 04:27:51 AM
With casting I believe you'd need something in a 2 power rating for Ned Rigs. A 3 power will work and I'd suggest if if fishing around a lot of cover but  2 power will fish better. I don't plan on making a 2 power casting right now in a super high end rod. Simple reason is we don't sell enough to justify it. We do make several 2 power casting rods in various series. THX!!!
Thanks for that bit of info Gary!! I just noticed the DX 702 Finesse Special. I think turning 40 next month would give me a great reason to buy myself one for my birthday!! Oh it looks so nice..
By the way I'm enjoying the 734 and 735 Furys I have!!
Instagram @truegritangler

Gary Dobyns

The DX 702C Finesse is a fun rod. It easily fishes light lines in 6-8 pound class. It's perfect for Ned Rigs and even the small weightless Senkos. It's not a rod we sell a ton of but it's one I built for myself because I like throwing light stuff on casting rod at times. Very light and sensitive rod. THX!!

TrueGritAngler

Quote from: Gary Dobyns on May 22, 2018, 01:20:24 AM
The DX 702C Finesse is a fun rod. It easily fishes light lines in 6-8 pound class. It's perfect for Ned Rigs and even the small weightless Senkos. It's not a rod we sell a ton of but it's one I built for myself because I like throwing light stuff on casting rod at times. Very light and sensitive rod. THX!!
Thanks again sir, I have just a quick question. I don't have any dealers in my immediate area that carry these rods. So I can't really get a feel for it and put my own hands on it. Does the DX 702C have plenty of backbone? Is it tippy? How would you describe it?
Instagram @truegritangler

Gary Dobyns

The rod is not whippy and has a good tip. But it's a 2 power FINESSE so I'd really call it a 1 1/2 power so it doesn't have a lot of backbone. If you're thinking of 6-8 lb test line it will be awesome. If thinking of 10 lb or about I think you'll be disappointed. I did fight a 5 foot Sturgeon for an hour and 20 min on this rod. Wasn't much to fight with I just held on and chased him around the lake :)  It's a fun rod for sure. I'd base my opinion on line size and cover you're fishing. THX!!!