FL Bass Talk (March 2018)

Started by Capt. BassinLou, February 28, 2018, 10:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cport

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on March 27, 2018, 05:34:03 AM
That's true. Though it was coincidental I was getting a bit almost every other cast just before changing the hook.
You are right though they may have just quit as quickly as they turned on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or maybe they were just effing with you...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: cport on March 27, 2018, 05:48:07 AM
Or maybe they were just effing with you...

Oh that's also a possibility. I do refer to the fish at this lake as A-holes.

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

cport

The view this morning from where we are staying this week on Crystal River
We we're going to stay in Georgia, but when I found out my fish wouldn't count, my wife came up with this to keep me in state. House sitting for one of her clients. Now I just gotta find some bass...

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Lipripper

cport that looks like a nice place to spend a couple of days, Rick this will be my first year to try wacky rigging and I bought Owner 2/0 weedless hooks I hope they have better hood up ratio than them 1/0 one. If the weather is warm and not to muddy from the  ~rain we are getting now I'm going to get out Wednesday and try my wacky worm and also my LSCR and LT Albino Frogs for the first time also. I think it might be a little early for a top water bite up here and I know the vegetation won't be up yet so I'm not going to take my punching stuff to try out yet.
FlatsNBay I see them Spro giveaways on my Face Book page all the time but I only enter them when they are for the HB Frogs.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: cport on March 27, 2018, 06:59:41 AM
The view this morning from where we are staying this week on Crystal River
We we're going to stay in Georgia, but when I found out my fish wouldn't count, my wife came up with this to keep me in state. House sitting for one of her clients. Now I just gotta find some bass...

Looks nice! Good luck!

Quote from: Lipripper on March 27, 2018, 07:15:08 AM
cport that looks like a nice place to spend a couple of days, Rick this will be my first year to try wacky rigging and I bought Owner 2/0 weedless hooks I hope they have better hood up ratio than them 1/0 one. If the weather is warm and not to muddy from the  ~rain we are getting now I'm going to get out Wednesday and try my wacky worm and also my LSCR and LT Albino Frogs for the first time also. I think it might be a little early for a top water bite up here and I know the vegetation won't be up yet so I'm not going to take my punching stuff to try out yet.
FlatsNBay I see them Spro giveaways on my Face Book page all the time but I only enter them when they are for the HB Frogs.  ;D
I am sure the 2/0 is better. I actually decided to try some new hooks. Bought from academy last night.

Got the Owner Wackly Single Hooks, they are more like jigs.
The hook as a vbend to keep the bait from sliding up or down. Also has a V shaped weed guard.
I also got some 1/0 VMC WNK Weedless Neko Wide Gap hooks. These look less like circle hooks and more like the traditional hook without the bait keeper section that worm hooks have. The weedguards are fluorocarbon.

Lets see if I have better luck with these.
The jig style one also looks like an interesting one that I could even use for small swimbaits, or small trailers like a bitsy bug. Or a 3 inch stick bait.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

West6550

Current situation.. not bad. Not bad at all lol

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: West6550 on March 27, 2018, 11:46:22 AM
Current situation.. not bad. Not bad at all lol

Only thing that could make that situation better is if there was bass in that water and you had a fishing pole. LOL
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on March 27, 2018, 11:48:26 AM
Only thing that could make that situation better is if there was bass in that water and you had a fishing pole. LOL
I was thinking the same thing. lo lo

Capt. BassinLou

Nah... that shot is perfect just the way it is. A cold beer, relaxing beach, and chill.

Lipripper

Anytime I see water the first thing I think of is I wonder if there are any fish in there.  lo lo

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Bassinlou on March 27, 2018, 12:01:21 PM
Nah... that shot is perfect just the way it is. A cold beer, relaxing beach, and chill.

BOOORING!
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Did you take the little boat out and get pushed off into the distance and land on a desert island?  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

LgMouthGambler

I mounted the trailer jack on the boat trailer today. Hopefully this makes things a little easier for this broken man.  ~beer~
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

The next hour and a half of fishing is going to be a blast with 18 mph winds ene. Schlepping my 330 lb rear to the other side of the park to have wind coming from my left instead of casting into it

Florida Bass Fishing

SFL BassHunter

The fish are on strike again...

Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on March 27, 2018, 06:25:09 PM
The fish are on strike again...

I wouldn't doubt it in all that wind would be hard to catch them. Your lucky I don't have my printer hooked up right now or I would print you out a Diploma.  lo lo But after tomorrow when I go fishing and have to print one for myself the printer will be back in business again.  lo lo

SFL BassHunter

No award needed lip lol
Managed 3 at the end on uvibes

Cookie cutter fish. About the same size. These are not the droids I'm looking for...

Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

big g

Matt some nice looking stuff there!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 27, 2018, 08:45:22 PM
Its testing time...

<")))>{
Nice collection you got there. Those are all the new ones?
I'd like to see what your entire collection looks like. It's got to be pretty impressive  ~bb
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on March 28, 2018, 12:16:06 PM
Nice collection you got there. Those are all the new ones?
I'd like to see what your entire collection looks like. It's got to be pretty impressive  ~bb

These are the budget reels I have accumulated the last 4 months. My entire collection? Whoa, I charge entry fees for that.  lo

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 28, 2018, 01:18:50 PM
These are the budget reels I have accumulated the last 4 months. My entire collection? Whoa, I charge entry fees for that.  lo
You probably have to in order to maintain it lol
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on March 28, 2018, 01:40:39 PM
You probably have to in order to maintain it lol

Somebody has to pay the lady to clean the glass and dust off the reels.  lo

Lipripper

Quote from: Lipripper on March 27, 2018, 06:31:18 PM
I wouldn't doubt it in all that wind would be hard to catch them. Your lucky I don't have my printer hooked up right now or I would print you out a Diploma.  lo lo But after tomorrow when I go fishing and have to print one for myself the printer will be back in business again.  lo lo
Well since I'm a man of my word. i went out this morning for a couple of hours to try out my LSCR and I loved the way it felt and works. I also tried throw my new Lt size 55 I think it is the smaller one on it and it cast great. I liked the way it looked and acted in the water. I also throw a wacky rig and it's going to take a little getting use to. Anyway I never even got a bite. I figured it was to early for the top water frog but thought for sure I would at least get a hit on the wacky rig. I didn't even see any activity in the water nor minnows or water bugs. I did see all kinds of geese paring up and honking at each other when they got to close. So anyway I only fished for about two hours before my body said that's enough. So I can home plugged back in my printer and