Colt 734c An hour on the water.

Started by Stren_g, March 05, 2018, 10:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stren_g

I finally had a chance to make a few casts with my new Dobyns 734c. The conditions yesterday were mild, but windy. Water temps were still around 38-40 as the ice had recently melted off of my favorite pond. I decided i'd head out never mind the 35 mph wind gusts. I paired the 734c up with a Daiwa tatula ct spooled with 40lb braid and a 3/8 oz jig and went to it. There were three things that stood out to me. 1) This thing is light weight, compared to my older rods its a feather! 2) It handled my "average" lure weight without a hitch, it'll launch a jig! 3) Sensitivity. While dragging my jig i could differentiate between mud, sand, algae, and grass. Even though I had a silly looking striped cat following me home i was more than happy with the performance. For anyone looking for an "all arounder" that wont break the bank, this is it!

Mike Cork

Thanks for the great review! Sorry to hear about the cat, hopefully it didn't stick around and the bass catching picks up soon.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Stren_g

We just need the water to warm up a bit  ~sun

Lipripper

thanks for the review. I've been waiting for our grounds to dry up a little and not be so muddy from all this rain and snow melt we had.Sorry about that but this year I'm not printing out any skunk diploms untill after I had a chance to get out and go fishing myself. after my first trip out if I don't catch anything well then I will have to print out one for myselkf and after that I will leave my skunk printer pluged up and running.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Stren_g

Lip I had the hubs locked ready to rock n roll, but i never needed to put it in 4x4. Luckily the winds have about dried most of the ground where i was going. I'm just glad to have gotten outside and make a few casts with my new rig!

Lipripper

with my numb feet and still fighting back from my cancer treatments I have to pick my spots that are on Laval ground and dry. I can't be going down wet slippery slopes to get to the water and that knocks out a lot of my better spots now.  :'( I have to find some that I don't have to walk a long way to get to and strap a little lawn chair to my back to carry in cause I can't stand for much more than 15 minutes. I'm not going to let that stop me though I'm going to go fishing. ~bb

Stren_g

Thats the right attitude lip, I can relate to that. Go get em!

SteveTX

Congrats on the rod working out well.

Lip keep the positive thought brother.  ~c~ I started working on being positive about stuff this year. It has really helped me not thinking the worst about everything.

Gary Dobyns

Thanks for great comments. The Colt 734C is starting to be very popular. Lots of comments about guys using Spinnerbaits and Chatterbaits.

Lipripper I'm with the other guys here. Positive mindset/thoughts go a long way.

Short version of a long story but when cancer was found in my mother the Doc gave here 3 months, period. She was having none of that so she went to another cancer Doc and he said the other Doc was way off, you'll never last a month. Mom told him off and and said I'll fight and win. I lost my mother 3 years ago but she made it another 23 years after beating lung and bone cancer. Old age finally caught up to her. 

They have far better medical "stuff" these days compared to when my mom had it. Positive thoughts from Dobyns clan on the way!!!

Stren_g

The mind is a powerful thing for sure!

Lipripper

Thanks for sharing the story of your mom and I know y'all are right PMA goes a long way.

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Gary Dobyns on March 07, 2018, 01:45:41 PM
Thanks for great comments. The Colt 734C is starting to be very popular. Lots of comments about guys using Spinnerbaits and Chatterbaits.

Lipripper I'm with the other guys here. Positive mindset/thoughts go a long way.

Short version of a long story but when cancer was found in my mother the Doc gave here 3 months, period. She was having none of that so she went to another cancer Doc and he said the other Doc was way off, you'll never last a month. Mom told him off and and said I'll fight and win. I lost my mother 3 years ago but she made it another 23 years after beating lung and bone cancer. Old age finally caught up to her. 

They have far better medical "stuff" these days compared to when my mom had it. Positive thoughts from Dobyns clan on the way!!!

Thank you for sharing that story Gary. With my own recent cancer diagnosis stories like this help me stay positive.  ~bb
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire