My Lifetime Tamarack 100

Started by ItsJason, March 09, 2018, 10:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsJason

Thought I'd finally officially start a thread. This is my first kayak. Picked it up at Walmart on Black Friday for under $200. How it comes fresh from the store:
First upgrades were a crate, anchor trolly and seat.

Maiden voyage :
After the first trip, I decided to build a PVC rod rack:

Took this today. I started using a retractable dog leash for the anchor line, and also picked up a cart from Amazon:

So far I am loving this kayak.

analfisherman

Nice looking setup!  ~c~

You may want to check this out?

http://www.ultimatebass.com/bass-fishing-forum/index.php?topic=140169.0;topicseen
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

Bassinkorea

Nice setup there ItsJason   ~c~
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Princeton_Man

Very creative! ~c~ Using the retractable leash for an anchor line is a super idea! You should post that in the Tips and Ideas forum and nominate it for the current tips contest.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Lipripper

That's very creative ideas you came up with and hope you catck lots of fish for your yak.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Antrigen

I have two kayaks and when someone asks which kayak I would recommend my reply is, "Whatever kayak that will get YOU on the water."

Nice job.

ItsJason

Quote from: Antrigen on March 30, 2018, 09:22:54 AM
I have two kayaks and when someone asks which kayak I would recommend my reply is, "Whatever kayak that will get YOU on the water."

Nice job.
For the price I'm loving my setup. For absolutely everything, kayak and all accessories, I'm still at under $300, and everything was brand new. It covers a heck of a lot more water than my float tube.
Not getting rid of the tube either by any means though too. I just see them as different tools for different situations. Kayak is nice when it's cold and access is easy. Tube can be nice when it's hot, and when access is difficult.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Tripledogdarr

It's Jason, I would like to hear what stadium seat you used, and did you attach it to the kayak some way. Really like it and want to do something  similar

ItsJason

Quote from: Tripledogdarr on June 12, 2018, 07:31:52 AM
It's Jason, I would like to hear what stadium seat you used, and did you attach it to the kayak some way. Really like it and want to do something  similar
It's a Cascade Stadium Seat. Ive heard you can sometimes find them fairly cheap at Costco, I never did though and just got it off Amazon. Its not currently attached in any way, but I am thinking of building some sort of raised frame for it. My legs get sore being straight out for a few hours from sitting so flat, and it would make it easier to stand/sit ( I've stood and fished the last few times out).

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Tripledogdarr

basss

heck yeah!

That thing is looking good.

The pic of the maiden voyage doesn't even look real with the mountains and water like glass.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

basss

Quote from: ItsJason on April 02, 2018, 04:07:12 PM
I just see them as different tools for different situations.

Tell me about it ... I tend to add to my collection vs replace.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider

ItsJason

Quote from: basss on June 19, 2018, 11:35:52 AM
heck yeah!

That thing is looking good.

The pic of the maiden voyage doesn't even look real with the mountains and water like glass.
If you look close, you can see the entire back half of that marsh is frozen over.
That was my very first trip out and was definitely a learning experience. Like learning you get fairly wet in a kayak, and jeans aren't the best choice when the water temp is 32-33 degrees

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

basss

Quote from: ItsJason on June 19, 2018, 01:59:57 PM
If you look close, you can see the entire back half of that marsh is frozen over.
That was my very first trip out and was definitely a learning experience. Like learning you get fairly wet in a kayak, and jeans aren't the best choice when the water temp is 32-33 degrees

OH ... that's ice ... brrrr ... next time, start new hobbies in the summer.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider

FISHMD

Hey Jason. I recently bought a similar kayak and have been doing similar mods. I have my retractable anchor rope set up on my crate and I was wondering how you like it hanging over the side. One thing I don't like about how I have it positioned is the anchor line sometimes wraps around my pole when it's in the holder.

ItsJason

Quote from: FISHMD on August 18, 2018, 06:22:22 AM
Hey Jason. I recently bought a similar kayak and have been doing similar mods. I have my retractable anchor rope set up on my crate and I was wondering how you like it hanging over the side. One thing I don't like about how I have it positioned is the anchor line sometimes wraps around my pole when it's in the holder.
I like it, havent felt like I need to move it or anything.
I just tied a small loop on the handle part, and use a small carbiner to attach it to a pad eye.

ItsJason

Big news now, I think I just tripled the value of this thing!

I might have gotten a little excited and got everything assembled on the mount right in the dining room...

While I'm wiring in the sonar, I'm also going to install this USB power panel, will be nice to keep phone and cameras topped off.

Was hoping to have everything fully installed this weekend, but I can't find a suitable battery anywhere locally, so I'll have to order one. I still might do what I can before that comes in though.

ItsJason

Got a battery, and everything fired right up once connected. Now I just need to pick a day to get out in the cold and actually install it.

Bassinkorea

ItsJason

the_huber_show

Sweet!  Can't wait to see how you install everything
Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

ItsJason

Sick of the Antarctic like weather here. Been very cold, and snowed all night. I got frustrated today and decided to just drag the thing in to my apartment and do the install.
Video logged it to, will put that together tomorrow. But everything went well.

Bassinkorea

That's a sweet looking set up. Bet you can't wait to get it wet and tested out.

Sent from my SM-G955N using Tapatalk

ItsJason

Quote from: Bassinkorea on January 08, 2019, 02:12:33 AM
That's a sweet looking set up. Bet you can't wait to get it wet and tested out.

Sent from my SM-G955N using Tapatalk
March can't come soon enough!