Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific NW Ron

WDFW FISHING RULE CHANGE   
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
http://wdfw.wa.gov

March 23, 2018

Klineline Pond to close for kids fishing event

Action:  Closes Klineline Pond to fishing by the public for a kids fishing event.   

Effective dates:
• April 12 – entire pond closed to public fishing
• April 13 – pond closed except to registered participants
• April 14 – pond closed except to registered participants
• April 15 – pond reopens to the public

Location:  Klineline Pond is located at Salmon Creek Regional Park, on NE 117th Street, in Vancouver, Wash.

Reason for action:  This rule change is necessary to ensure a safe and successful Klineline Kids Fishing event. Several thousand fish will be planted into netted areas along the shoreline of the pond on April 12, 2018. This will allow them to acclimate to the pond prior to the event. On the days of the event, children who have registered to participate will be allowed to fish within the netted areas. The general public will not be able to fish until the pond reopens on the day after the event (Sunday, April 15, 2018). 

The pond will remain closed after the event has ended on April 14 to ensure the safety of the public, participants, and event organizers who will be breaking down and removing equipment. Several hundred feet of netting must be removed from the shoreline area after the event has ended.

Other Information:  This year's event is expected to attract between 8,000 and 10,000 individuals, including roughly 3,000 registered kids, over a two-day period. 

Information Contact:  Matt Gardner, WDFW Region 5, (360) 906-6746.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Lipripper

Ron that is a good thing they are doing for the kids and I bet they will be watching it like a hawk just in case some knot heads try to get in there and fish it.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Pacific NW Ron

They usually watch these events pretty close.  Occasionally in the past there have been some problems.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Smallie_Stalker

Back when I worked with the Masswildlife Angler Education program I used to try and get them to close access to ponds on the days we were holding events like this but they wouldn't. We did have some problems but we always had an EPO at each event so most were resolved pretty fast.  PoPo
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire