A few nice ones...

Started by No Excuses, March 26, 2018, 08:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Excuses

It seems like the weather around here has been bad on the weekends for 2 months. Work keeps me from fishing during the week, except when the local river gets just right. When it is on a rise it backs up and starts running thru a big culvert and the big bass from a nearby oxbow come up a creek and stack up at that culvert. It can be magical for a day or two. Then it hits again just when it starts to fall out. I saw 3 well over 5lbs hit the road but my best was a little over 4.

Friday the wind was blowing like a haint and I only had about 2 hours to fish. I ran up to White Oak and had playing with the new Garmin more on my mind than anything. I was seeing a lot of fish around 7 fow. I hit a little flat and was fighting the wind while trying to fish a Havoc Pit Boss. Saw a stob sticking up by itself and pitched over to it. The line went mushy and I set the hook. It was a rodeo trying to dig the net out and hold on the her while getting blown the wrong way in 20mph wind. Finally netted her and she was 22.5" long and weighed 6lb2oz. It was nice to get out in the sunshine and get the monkey off my back!

analfisherman

TAKE THAT MONKEY!  ~c~

Nice fish and GREAT SHARE!

Just to help you feel EVEN BETTER.............yesterday I woke up with slight ice shield on the back water sloughs......winds 13mph....air temp. 27.......BUT THE SUN IS STRONG so if I keep the wind to my back and stand in the sun.......it easily 'feels like'........well...........38-40 degrees.  lo lo

Glad you got out and keep up the GREAT WORK!
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

Lipripper

Them are a couple of nice ones.  ~c~ ~c~ I'm going to try and get out on Wed for my first trip of the year if we don't get to much  ~rain

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Pacific NW Ron

A couple of nice fish you got.  The wind can make it hard to fish for sure.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Polaris425

Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

Capt. BassinLou

Very nice fish!!   ~c~  Thank you for sharing.

Captsteve

nice catch

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake