Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

Southern Rock River Report

(Read 1371 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

analfisherman

• HOOKS, LIES AND ALIBIES
Well waters still cold.....35-39 degrees....couple of back bays found to have low 40s.

Shad/Shinners are thick and moving.......Bass are chasing and eating but the Shinners are just for whatever reason THICK this year....hence, cold water Bass really don't need a lot of food.

Personally my biggest has been a 19" a 18.2" and about half dozeen over 17"
Basically has been a three four fish outtings but as you all know.....with any wind ( which we have had), it's still COLD on the hands.

I've been throwing Crappie Cranks and Midwest Finesse tactics.
Biggies came on Cranks....retrieved as SLOW as possible.
Larger Squarebills are not producing very well...0ne 17.5"....BUT THAT WAS THE ONE AND ONLY!
MF (Ned Rigging type) have produced basically smaller fish...maybe a couple of 16 plus'.
NO PICS........heck I'm kind of surprised I'm willing to even hold my rod with bare hands.  ;) lo

Walleye and Perch are going strong on the Mississippi in Pools 7 and 8... Dams and close by deep holding Pools are VERY ACTIVE.

So, WHATS HAPPENING IN YOUR AREA?
Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 07:20:13 AM by analfisherman
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

Pacific NW Ron

• Ultimate Basser
Not much happening here yet.  We're probably looking at few more weeks.  Water just isn't warming up.  Maybe by the time I recovery from my surgery things will be turning on.  My favorite lake ramp is blocked.  One of the floating islands blew up on the ramp during high water and is stuck there, probably till next years high water.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Capt. BassinLou

• CM Chief Community Diplomat
Thank you for the report Anal, soon enough the water will warm up and you will be posting great pics!!  ;PHO) ;PHO)

analfisherman

Ron, thanks for the input!
Best of luck on the recovering!

Lipripper

• LM Forum Staff
  • Chicago Illinois
Thanks for the report Joe and I went out for a couple of hours this morning till my body said that's enough. I didn't catch a thing or see any bait or anything moving in the water except a bunch of angry going into their pre mating don't get to close to me stance.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SFL BassHunter

• Charter Member
  • SFL BassHunter
Thanks for the report AnalFisherman!

Sounds like you could use a little warmth up there! Hopefully it comes around soon and you don't have to worry bout your fingers freezing. On the bright side, 3 or 4 fish is better than none! Keep at it.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

cport

• Ultimate Basser
  • FlukeMaster who?

So, are you only allowed to listen to Lynard Skynard, Allman Brothers, and Molly Hatchett on the Southern Rock River?
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

analfisherman

So, are you only allowed to listen to Lynard Skynard, Allman Brothers, and Molly Hatchett on the Southern Rock River?

NA, BUT I did see Skynard (original line up), and Molly Hatchett LIVE (twice)!

BUT Southern Rock does seem to warm the heart....if not the HANDS!   ;) :)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB