Should I Or Should I Not

Started by Lipripper, April 16, 2018, 04:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lipripper

That bait Monkey is trying to get a little money from me again. That's how he work on me just a little at a time.  lo lo I just received something from BASS in the mail today trying to get me to become a BASS member and get two years of the magazine for only $15 and a free small Tacklebag. So should I not listen to the Monkey and go ahead and spend the $15 or is it worth it?

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

D.W. Verts

You know, my first membership was in 1978, and it was ten bucks a year. Sounds like a good deal?
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

analfisherman

I'm a member.
I do mine in 5 year intervals.

I got FOUR TACKLE BAGS......sold one.  ~roflmao ~roflmao

I read it cover to cover......BUT it's heavily geared toward boat anglers and big water anglers.
BUT, to me, angling is all about adapting and tweaking my presentations to the lessons I learn from researching,
And the Mag. is definitly one of my sources for research.......but I read every night....so reading is in my blood.

I ALSO use multiple different techniques and presentations almost every single outting I go on......the Mag. helps me to improve as well as try NEW techniques and gives me a great STARTING point.

So my answer is....
If you never have tried it before...at $15.......YES, give it a try!
Shore busting like you do...the tackle bag is PERFECT size and easy to tote along....one I sold, guy gave me $25 for AND HE WANTED THAT EXACT BAG....he had two already.
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

LgMouthGambler

If the magazine didnt suck, I would say yes. But man, does it suck now. It used to have a bunch of good information, and now 3/4 of the magazine is advertisement.  ~b~
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

loomisguy

Cant go wrong for 15 bucks.. I do like BASS Times the best of the publications.

Lipripper

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 16, 2018, 04:25:07 PM
If the magazine didnt suck, I would say yes. But man, does it suck now. It used to have a bunch of good information, and now 3/4 of the magazine is advertisement.  ~b~
That sounds like the old NAFC magazine before the whole NAFC group went downhill.
Anal my old BPS tackle bag is getting wore out and I could use a new bag so heck the tackle bag is worth $15 at least and if I don't like the magazine I can always use it for packing paper.  ;D Ok y'all talked me into it.  ;D   

Pacific NW Ron

I can't help much because the last time I opened a BASS Magazine was probably 25 years.  As far as the bag goes if it's a good bag, which according to analfisherman it is, it alone would be worth $15.00, but my past experience with promotional products are they usually are pretty cheap stuff.  If you think you have a need for another bag I'd probably do it, but don't do the auto renewal.  In the end you alone will have to make the decision.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Lipripper

Quote from: Pacific NW Ron on April 16, 2018, 05:38:27 PM
I can't help much because the last time I opened a BASS Magazine was probably 25 years.  As far as the bag goes if it's a good bag, which according to analfisherman it is, it alone would be worth $15.00, but my past experience with promotional products are they usually are pretty cheap stuff.  If you think you have a need for another bag I'd probably do it, but don't do the auto renewal.  In the end you alone will have to make the decision.
My old BPS bag is starting to fall apart and the zippers pockets don't zip anymore. Don't worry I will not do the auto renewal.  ;D

OkobojiEagle

Tossed my un-opened BASS envelope in the trash this morning...

oe

Donald Garner

Lip,  Go ahead brother.  The bag is worth that amount.  Let the Monkey Out  lo
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

SteveTX

Oldfart9999

Lip, I would do it but I would call and get a 3 or 5 year membership, costs less per year. The tackle bag, if it's the same I got from them, will hold a couple of 3600 boxes and one or 2 smaller ones, I use mine for panfishing, it holds all I need for that. Then stick an M-80 up the monkey's butt and kick him to the curb!!!
Rodney 
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on April 17, 2018, 06:02:01 AM
Lip, I would do it but I would call and get a 3 or 5 year membership, costs less per year. The tackle bag, if it's the same I got from them, will hold a couple of 3600 boxes and one or 2 smaller ones, I use mine for panfishing, it holds all I need for that. Then stick an M-80 up the monkey's butt and kick him to the curb!!!
Rodney
I put it in the mail this morning and only signed up for the two years that should be enough to see if I want to keep getting it or not.