Boat Trailer Steps

Started by Bud Kennedy, April 19, 2018, 08:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

As originally planned, I have started looking for a step system for my new trailer.  The one that seems to meet my particular needs is made by D-Step.  They have a two step model that mounts to the trailer tongue that might work perfectly.  I will have to take some measurements just to be sure before I contact them.  This company is based in Oregon and the steps are the model D-Step II.  I am not in a hurry but I know the future says I should have something like this for later in life.  I am just curious if anyone here has ever seen or used this product.  If you have let me know.  The price is something like $219. or something in that area.

Pacific NW Ron

That looks like a nice step system for us "older folks".   I've used the single tongue step but not the two step system.  That would be a nice edition to your new trailer and add some safety at the same time.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

DonM

DonM

Princeton_Man

Quote from: DonM on April 19, 2018, 09:57:37 AM
I got mine several years ago from here:
https://www.easystepsystem.com/

I like those. Seen them on some of the pro's boats. Don't have to be a senior citizen to appreciate them.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Lipripper

Quote from: DonM on April 19, 2018, 09:57:37 AM
I got mine several years ago from here:
https://www.easystepsystem.com/
I'm going to have to show this to my fishing partner John. Thanks Don

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Mike Cork

I've been running steps on my boat tongue for over ten years now. I would believe that I was maybe the second or third person in the nation to brave the handicap jokes and run steps. My steps were custom made at the Legend factory. Custom to the trailers, not my needs. The guy making them had three sets out at the time. Anyway long story short because of my back problems and having fallen out of the boat at a gas station, I jumped at the idea. Obviously, over the years they've become very popular. I'll never be without them as they have made my life around the boat that much easier.

As far as steps, I highly recommend them. As far as which brand? Anything that will fit your needs and is made out of quality components.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Bud is this something your going to have put on or are you going to install it yourself? I was just wondering how easy or how hard it would be to do it yourself.

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: Lipripper on April 19, 2018, 11:20:09 AM
Bud is this something your going to have put on or are you going to install it yourself? I was just wondering how easy or how hard it would be to do it yourself.

Lip, most of the available step systems are easily installed.  It just becomes a matter of fit an function for each individual trailer and what step rise you need.  Other considerations are also hand rails etc.  I have found it very helpful reading as many reviews as one can find.  My original choice was the ez step system but after researching the D step is my current favorite just because of my needs and the fact that I am very sensitive to the appearances and mechanical fit available.  Many types to choose from with a wide variety of prices to go along with the choices.

Pro Reel

Did you see the set I built for my trailer? It's a copy of the brand called Trick Step. I can't even begin to tell you how nice it is for getting in and especially out of the boat at the ramp. The trick step brand is a little more than what you are looking at, I believe they start at $400 for most common trailers. It's a very easy bolt on system.

Lipripper

Quote from: Pro Reel on April 19, 2018, 02:54:11 PM
Did you see the set I built for my trailer? It's a copy of the brand called Trick Step. I can't even begin to tell you how nice it is for getting in and especially out of the boat at the ramp. The trick step brand is a little more than what you are looking at, I believe they start at $400 for most common trailers. It's a very easy bolt on system.
Them do look nice and I can see how the would help a lot getting in and out of your boat. ~c~