Western WA. bass fishing report for 04/23/2018 Another no fish day.

Started by Pacific NW Ron, April 23, 2018, 05:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific NW Ron

Another trip to the lake with no fish.  Four other boats on the lake.  When we talked to them all but one had the same result as we did, or so they said.   We saw no beds.  Maybe next trip will be a break out. 
First cast was at about 8:15am.  Back on the trailer at 2:30pm.   Sunny and with only a slight breeze.  Temp from 49 and launch to 65 when we gave it up.  Water was 51 to 54 degrees.  Visibility about 3'.  Conditions should have produced some fish.  Pads aren't visible yet but in a few areas we were picking up some milfoil on the deeper crankbaits.  We fished deeper open water, shallows and docks.  This lake doesn't have much lay down timber to fish. 
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Lipripper

Quote from: Pacific NW Ron on April 23, 2018, 05:20:17 PM
Another trip to the lake with no fish.  Four other boats on the lake.  When we talked to them all but one had the same result as we did, or so they said.   We saw no beds.  Maybe next trip will be a break out. 
First cast was at about 8:15am.  Back on the trailer at 2:30pm.   Sunny and with only a slight breeze.  Temp from 49 and launch to 65 when we gave it up.  Water was 51 to 54 degrees.  Visibility about 3'.  Conditions should have produced some fish.  Pads aren't visible yet but in a few areas we were picking up some milfoil on the deeper crankbaits.  We fished deeper open water, shallows and docks.  This lake doesn't have much lay down timber to fish.
Ron sorry you didn't catch anything and most of the time I would fire up my printer but I feel in a forgiving mood today since I broke my for 2018 . Hope you do better next time.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Pacific NW Ron

Does that mean you caught some today?  If you did Congrats.
I'm OK with another certificate. I was scared to post cause I was sure I was getting another one.   I'm getting used to them this year.  They don't hurt so bad anymore.  I hope it turns around for me Wednesday.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Lipripper

Quote from: Pacific NW Ron on April 23, 2018, 06:51:28 PM
Does that mean you caught some today?  If you did Congrats.
I'm OK with another certificate. I was scared to post cause I was sure I was getting another one.   I'm getting used to them this year.  They don't hurt so bad anymore.  I hope it turns around for me Wednesday.
Yelp I did a fyu=ull report in the Illinois section and I only had one bite and caught it.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet