2018 FLBR Classic!!

Started by Capt. BassinLou, May 14, 2018, 01:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big g

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on May 22, 2018, 07:39:46 AM
Hell, I musta been too drunk to hear that.  lo

For me it would be just like a normal night sleeping with my other half..  Its like camping in the middle of the Serengeti !!!!!!!!  :bang
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

West6550

I say you guys go down to Lou's favorite spot and keep them all for dinner!!

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: West6550 on May 31, 2018, 08:36:50 PM
I say you guys go down to Lou's favorite spot and keep them all for dinner!!
We will all die of mercury poison lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on May 31, 2018, 08:56:32 PM
We will all die of mercury poison lol

And staff infection

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

West6550

This is a risk I am willing to take

FLBR 2019 winner, West! Unfortunately nobody else made it this year.. lolol

Capt. BassinLou

Just remember everyone, if you are considering joining us for the Classic, now is the time to make your accommodations. They have plenty of options available.

If $$ is tight, now's the time to really participate on  the FL board and get to know everyone, make some friends and that can help split the costs.

LgMouthGambler

And if you are new, watch out for that LMG guy. I hear hes Nucking Futz!  ~b~
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

West6550

Looks like they are upgrading the store there at Grape Hammock.

They were still doing construction, but it looked mostly done.

SFL BassHunter

Wow looks much better than that rinky dink trailer they were using lol.

Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

cport

Quote from: West6550 on June 12, 2018, 11:49:33 AM
Looks like they are upgrading the store there at Grape Hammock.

They were still doing construction, but it looked mostly done.

They need a plaque there- "Paid for by the generous contributions of UB FLBR members"
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Capt. BassinLou

Thanks for the update Thomas. Wish I fishing there right now!!  :'(

West6550

Quote from: Bassinlou on June 12, 2018, 12:24:48 PM
Thanks for the update Thomas. Wish I fishing there right now!!  :'(
Maybe yesterday, today the water was cloudy and it was real hot. One fish after an AM of fishing. Talked to some people at the ramp that had no luck at all, 3 of them..

SFL BassHunter

I'm bored of my usual fishing spots lol.

The classic can't come fast enough.
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Thats coming along pretty good. I remember when they were first starting that.

mygreenihc

Quote from: cport on May 15, 2018, 07:31:09 AM
Bunk that! I'm going for it, serious fishing with Barry as skipper. We're going 1-2, and I'm throwing big baits after the limit like Barry showed me, so the rest of you can compete for third. If you need a party barge skipper, I see that the Bassing Bartender may be bringing his MudPuppy, and since he's not rally eligible, he can motor around with the beer cooler.  lo lo ~beer~ ~beer~

The problem with this plan is that by 10:30 in the morning the Mudpuppy will be riding around in circles,  wide open at 7 MPH,  and most of the beer will be gone.

Brad

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: mygreenihc on June 12, 2018, 05:19:09 PM

The problem with this plan is that by 10:30 in the morning the Mudpuppy will be riding around in circles,  wide open at 7 MPH,  and most of the beer will be gone.

Brad
Hey, check yourself....thats 15mph. Lol. Unless I have Martin still on board...

<")))>{

BarryFL

So has anyone actually reserved a cabin besides me?

-Barry-

~Barry~

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: TR21PDCTampa on June 12, 2018, 07:09:44 PM
So has anyone actually reserved a cabin besides me?

-Barry-

Yes, I did the same day I called them to see the October availabilities

Capt. BassinLou

Since Barry brought up reservations. I cannot emphasize this enough. If you are remotely thinking about joining us for the Classic, pick up the phone and reserve a trailer or a cabin as soon as possible. If for what ever reason you can't make it, call Grape Hammock the week of the Classic and cancel. But at least reserve now instead of running around trying to figure out where you going to be sleeping for 2 nights.

BarryFL

And I'll add, they don't require a deposit or credit card number to make the reservation.

-Barry-

~Barry~

FD

I'm definitely going to be there, but I'm probably going to trailer in. The beds are horrible on my back and I can't fish much by Sunday after trying to sleep on them for two nights.

swim/bike/run....repeat

Sent from the end of the paved road.....
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: FD on June 16, 2018, 02:43:18 AM
I'm definitely going to be there, but I'm probably going to trailer in. The beds are horrible on my back and I can't fish much by Sunday after trying to sleep on them for two nights.

swim/bike/run....repeat

Sent from the end of the paved road.....
Yeah the beds are pretty bad FD. They destroy my back every year.
This year I need to bring my own pillow though. I can't stand their pillows.

Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Im probably gonna just pass out drunk in the bushes. Lol

<")))>{

cport

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 16, 2018, 03:34:02 PM
Im probably gonna just pass out drunk in the bushes. Lol

<")))>{
Like a leprechaun?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

BarryFL

Y'all are right, the mattress is pretty much suck but I can sleep most anywhere. Guess it's from my military career... Never stand when you can sit, never sit if you can lie down, and never stay awake if you can sleep because you never know when your next chance might be.

Looking forward to seeing the normal crowd and LMG drunk asleep in the bushes.

-Barry-

~Barry~