State Federation Tournament

Started by dave the dope man, September 07, 2004, 08:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave the dope man

Marty,,,,Hey you fishing any this week???? Dave

Siggy by DundeeMike

Marty

Dave, I fisihed yesterday......but I have to say I didn't do too well.  Just 3 keeper fish.  I spent a good bit of time fishing some areas I don't normally fish, so I guess I eliminated some water!  Plus....I also spent some time running up & down the river.  My motor's not acting right at the moment.  I changed the plugs, & installed a new squeeze bulb.  I'm thinking I might have an injector going out on me.  Looks like I'll be taking her to the shop in a couple of days, & you know what THAT means...$$$$$$$ :'(  Of the few fish I caught yesterday, 2 came on a worm & 1 on a crankbait.  The few non-keepers I caught were also on those two baits.  I fished an hour with a jig without a bite.  I didn't get an early start either, probably was 8 am before I got to Clark's & the parking lot was full.  Left about 4 pm.   Wish we didn't have the off-limits, I sure could use some more fishing time!  I'll be doing some serious pre-fishing on the official practice days.  We are having a big inspection at my job this week or else I would take some time off & fish some more.  But, of course I also have to get the boat in to the shop so I guess it's just as well I can't fish. 

dave the dope man

Marty, I talked to Wayne Allemand on friday, he said at that time he only had 42 returned entries. I am fishing this one as a "dry run" for next year. I an kinda glad for the off imits period. I really don't want to see that many people fishing and god forbid fishing MY areas. Not really....maybe...who knows....
    Anyhow, I think I am done till the official prefish days. Sounds like your progress is the same as mine, Jigs and crankbaits...few fish....nothing large.....hours between bites, then 3 or 4 in a few minutes.......
     Good luck and if you need a ride at some time, give me a shout........
                     Dave

Siggy by DundeeMike