Drop shot ponds

Started by Justin62882, June 02, 2018, 04:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin62882

Looking into some drop shot techniques bank fishing a pond. Do you just cast and shake it in place like a shakey head then hop and shake? Or do you just keep it bouncing along? Any tips is appreciate. Some ponds I fish are really hard to Texas rig or shakey head due to the bottom of the ponds. I throw weightless alot but would like to give them something they've never seen before.  Also, any baits you like in partucular i got robo worms which i do well with using other methods. Thanks
Fishing Is not an escape  from life, but often a deeper immersion into it.

Bassinkorea

A drop shot rig from the bank works just as well as it does from a boat. Even from a boat I will cast the drop shot, very rarely do I fish it vertically.

Cast it out and keep your rod tip high with the line as tight as you can without moving the rig. A lot of times I will only get when the rig is not moving, sometimes they'll bite when dragging slowly, or sometimes with a very harsh wiggle action. All depends on the day. Just experiment.

Baits, below are what I use the most;
Tiny brush hogs
6" ribbon tail
Straight worms from 4" to 7"
Wacky rigged 4" or 5" senko style bait
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

FlatsNBay

I love fishing drop shots from the bank, specially in clear water. I usually have to experiment to find the action that they want. Many times just a very subtle drag without working the rod tip will tear them up.

scbassfanatic

I agree with FlatsNBay and Bassinkorea. I have fished the rig just about any way you can think of. I have been more successful slowly dragging it back with the rod tip than I have with any other presentation. You just have to listen to the fish.