New to pro craft and live wells

Started by GTPHale, June 04, 2018, 10:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTPHale

I have a 1984 1750v procraft, just picked it up a few weeks ago. I'm really stumped on these livewells,especially the front livewell. It seems to fill on its own and has no pump to fill it. TIA

Princeton_Man

Quote from: GTPHale on June 04, 2018, 10:54:19 PM
I have a 1984 1750v procraft, just picked it up a few weeks ago. I'm really stumped on these livewells,especially the front livewell. It seems to fill on its own and has no pump to fill it. TIA
Welcome aboard!

I've never been a Pro Craft owner but, I did own a Bass Tracker that had a livewell that filled that way. Does it have remote open/close valve controls for the livewell? What about fill/recirc switches? Aerator?

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

GTPHale

Just has an aerator, doesn't mean it didn't have the other stuff at one time. Can I put a boat plug in and keep one as a dry storage? Thinking the front one since it has its own drain and overflow. No idea how it fills but when the boat is in the water it fills.

scbassfanatic

I had a jon boat with a livewell like that. It would fill on its own to the level of the water outside of the boat. Then you plugged it and used the aerator. That sounds like what you have, but I have never seen that on a bass boat before. I would think you would be fine to plug and use it for whatever purpose you chose.

Princeton_Man

Quote from: GTPHale on June 05, 2018, 07:33:46 AM
Just has an aerator, doesn't mean it didn't have the other stuff at one time. Can I put a boat plug in and keep one as a dry storage? Thinking the front one since it has its own drain and overflow. No idea how it fills but when the boat is in the water it fills.
Sounds as if that was how it was designed to function. In my BassTracker, I installed a ball valve on the fill/drain line so that I didn't have to reach in to pull the plug.

Yes, you could plug it and use for dry storage. You could also plug it and use it for a cooler. :-* Once you're out of the water, pull the plug and let the ice water drain.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club