Well.....a little something to Share or REMIND those who have tried it before!

Started by analfisherman, June 14, 2018, 01:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

analfisherman

OK...THIS IS SOMETHINGI I'VE DONE WITH GREAT SUCCESS FOR YEARS.

BUT I've never shared it before......to ME it's an UPPER MID-WEST SECRET....and probably should remain so!!!!  8) :)

It all started as a POST SPAWN tactic (for me anyways) but even though, it should be a good technique year round.
It's more of a shallower presentation and good during early weed/reed growth (POST SPAWN) before the vegetation gets real thick and dense......and the BASS are still in the shallows feeding up after a long time of PLEASING the Ladies and guarding the offspring (nests) AND NOT EATING.

BUT WHEN FISHED RIGHT......CAN BE DEADLY FISHED OVER GRASS OR THROUGH THIN PAD PATCHS.
Actually good ALONG the fronts or sides of patches of vegetation IS A GOOD IDEA TOO!  :)

SO......DO I HAVE YOUR CURIOSITY YET?  ~roflmao ~roflmao

OK, what you need.
WEIGHTED Swimbat hooks
Tubes (probably 4in. are best but no smaller.....larger should be fine but move up to a 5/0 hook may be best if you go longer....again, you choose where your confidence lye's).

WHAT I USE
!/8th oz. 4/0 Mustad Ultra Point (Power Lock) hooks.
Havoc Smash Tubes (explanation why later)
Braided 30lb. test line (I have a favorite but YOUR favorite should be just FINE)
I use Spinning gear......(no real reason other than I live in WISCONSIN lo ;))

OK....RIGGING.
Take your tube and put the screw lock through the nose of the tube.
Take the wide gap hook, bring it through BOTH sides of tube and Texpose it at the top.
(SO this is a WEEDLESS rigged rig due to you fishing reeds and vegetation where BASS love to make their NESTS.....and which ALSO ALLOWS you to fish this set up year round above grass/vegetation and snap/ rip it out of sparse vegetation....MAKING IT A YEAR ROUND PRESENTATION if so desired!  ;) :)

Presentation.
Cast out to desired distance (weighted hooks allow you actually cast this rig almost any desired distance).
Soft landing is preferable but not really a necessity.

Let sink a second or two and......
and SNAP,SNAP...hesitate...SNAP,SNAP...hesitate....SNAP,SNAP....you get the drift ;) :)...back to shore or boat or Kayak. (real similar to how you fish your Flukes....if you prefer 3 snaps and or longer hesitations......experiment and I'm sure you will find the cadence that works best for you).
Please note though....your using a WEIGHTED Swimbait hook so on the hesitations it's GOING TO SINK, unlike weightless hooks that sort of suspend more. 

TIPS (or the ANAL reasoning and thoughts)

The tubes tentacles on the snap are FLAT OUT AMAZING....and the harder the snap the better the tentacle FLAIR!

I use the Mustad Power Lock Plus hooks because they have a 'push through' lock instead of a 'screw lock' and there is a little tab that pushes through the tube on the end that I put a small dab of super glue on making the tube less likely to tear through the NOSE of the tube, ruining the tube and avoid going through a TON of tubes......TRUST ME, THE BASS LOVE THIS SET UP and the hits can be vicious!  :)

I use Braid because your fishing reeds and grass/vegetation and braid brings/cuts through best.

NOW...the reason I USE SMASH TUBES!  :)

Just as the name implies...they are kind of 'smashed' or in other words 'flattened'.
This gives a better ERRATIC fall on the hesitation and when you snap after the hesitation the tube kind of jerks from the fall back to a straight line.....kind of darts back from falling to the side angle. (hope you understand what I'm trying to say  ::) :))
PLUS
the ST's have different color tentacles which are flat and the contrasting color schemes 'to ME' are a deadly added attraction.
(I like Green/Sunfish, Hawkeye, Just Norm...but I have most of the colors.....and they have some real neat one's too) 
REMEMBER........THIS SHOULD/COULD be DEADLY ALL YEAR when fishing the shallows!!!!!!

If you LOVE your FLUKES.......TRY A FLUKING TUBE!  lo
(you will BE AMAZED....TAKE MY WORD FOR IT!!!!!! ;D)

SO WHO'S USED THIS SET UP?
HOW DID YOU LIKE IT?
HOW/WHERE DO YOU USE IT?

ARE YOU GOING TO GIVE IT A TRY?

Thoughts, hints and INPUT WANTED AND APPRECIATED!!!!!

AND WI. ANGLERS...........I know some of you HAVE HEARD OF THIS SECRET.......SO LET US KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!!!  ;D
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

Lipripper

I have never used it but it sounds like it would work great.  ;D Thanks for sharing it with us Joe. 8)

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

zippyduck

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"