Dobyns DC736c and Tatula SV TW

Started by zippyduck, July 30, 2018, 06:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippyduck

I put the Dobyns DC736c and the Daiwa Tatula sv tw to the test in some of the gnarliest weeds you can get into.
Spooled with PP 50 lb braid I was ready for weeds but this stuff was thick. I fished a 1/2 oz jig in Black n blue and it was getting bites. The Dc736 was more than enough rod to set the hook through the grass, I hooked up on every hookset. The rod also ripped them out of the thick stuff really well. And once out the Daiwa Tatula sv tw in 8.1/1 was strong enough and fast enough to keep them from getting back in the stuff.
The only thing to give out all day was my arm.
It is one fantastic combo.
My friend was using a ST. Croix 7'6" flipping rod that had more trouble with the weeds.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

LgMouthGambler

736 is a friggin broomstick! Lol. I had a Champ736, but was just too much rod for me. But that sucker is bad for sure.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

basss

That'll get it done, a strong combo for sure!

1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

Mike Cork

It's not going to let you down when the vegetation is thick or you get the truck stuck in the mud. That reel makes it a great combo for sure.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

smithy97

I was close to buying the Champ XP 736 but found a deal on a used Champ 765 Flip, so I went for it. My Tat SV 8:1 is sitting in my US post office box waiting to be picked up. I think my next Dobyns will be the 736 for heavy frogging and for jigs into the heavy stuff, just like you were doing. Can't wait to pull out some big girls with my 765!