Freds Crank Launcher vs Lew's Fritts Perfect Crank Speed Stick

Started by BDR, August 22, 2018, 09:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDR

I'm trying to decide between these two rods for deep cranking. (6xd 8xd 10xd)

I was ready to buy the Fred's crank launcher https://www.tgsoutdoors.com/genesis-ii-irg7113cc-freds-crank-launcher/

Then I came across the lews rod. https://www.dowdlesports.com/Lews-Fishing-LDFP711MHDF-Prfct-Crankbait-Spd-Stk-HM42_p_74633.html

The main thing I don't like about the lews rod is the handle. I prefer the non-cork handles that have the split grips or whatever those are called. But the lews rod is less than half the price. Not sure if more than double the money is enough to justify getting a handle I like.

Does anyone have any or both of these rods? What are you're thoughts if you do?

FloridaFishinFool

I can't speak about the lew's but I did have one of those nearly 8 foot long Fred crank launcher. It was a nice rod well built but it was too long for me and my forearm hurt for 3 days after trying to use that rod.

I sold it and today I stick to 7'6" or less. And for constant casting rods 7'3" or less.

I guess I am getting too old for rods that beat me up.
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

BDR

Quote from: FloridaFishinFool on August 22, 2018, 09:19:30 AM
I can't speak about the lew's but I did have one of those nearly 8 foot long Fred crank launcher. It was a nice rod well built but it was too long for me and my forearm hurt for 3 days after trying to use that rod.

I sold it and today I stick to 7'6" or less. And for constant casting rods 7'3" or less.

I guess I am getting too old for rods that beat me up.

Thank you for the reply. so if it wasn't the fact that the rod beat you up. You would have been happy with it? Like you were happy with the feel, casting etc?

FloridaFishinFool

Yes. It was a nice rod.

I would have kept it if I had the build and muscle to cast that sucker all day long. And I found out real fast I did not, and it hurt like hell for days... and I hope you don't have this same issue if you choose that rod.

Another member here Numbnutz is his forum ID, he recently purchased one or two of the lew's rod and it is also a nice rod, as I checked it out, but the crank launcher is a little better quality of build in my opinion.
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

BDR

Quote from: FloridaFishinFool on August 22, 2018, 10:16:39 AM
Yes. It was a nice rod.

I would have kept it if I had the build and muscle to cast that sucker all day long. And I found out real fast I did not, and it hurt like hell for days... and I hope you don't have this same issue if you choose that rod.

Another member here Numbnutz is his forum ID, he recently purchased one or two of the lew's rod and it is also a nice rod, as I checked it out, but the crank launcher is a little better quality of build in my opinion.

That's pretty much what I was hoping to find out. I was hoping for double the price I would be getting something for my money. Thank you for the reply.

Oldfart9999

(If you're still looking take a look at the BPS Crankin Sticks, for the money they are a nice rod, light to handle with good feel and action. They're a glass rod but a composite which is, to me, a plus.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.