Spincast reel... Help

Started by Msn26753, August 29, 2018, 05:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Msn26753

Dad has gotten into bass fishing with me and needs a new reel..  He can only use a spincast, and i dont know much about them..  Hes worm fishing, so i need a faster gear ratio..  Im on a budget of 75 bucks or less.. I got him a zabco 33 a while back that didnt last..  Them oke zebco dont seem to be made like that use to be..  Anyhow,  perferbly red color,  but quality and ease of use is what im looking for... Any recommendations from anyone that. Use the spincasts?

Lipripper

Quote from: Msn26753 on August 29, 2018, 05:39:19 PM
Dad has gotten into bass fishing with me and needs a new reel..  He can only use a spincast, and i dont know much about them..  Hes worm fishing, so i need a faster gear ratio..  Im on a budget of 75 bucks or less.. I got him a zabco 33 a while back that didnt last..  Them oke zebco dont seem to be made like that use to be..  Anyhow,  perferbly red color,  but quality and ease of use is what im looking for... Any recommendations from anyone that. Use the spincasts?
Your right them new zebcos can't hold a candle with them old ones. You might be able to find some good ones at BPS or check on Monster fishing tackle they use to have some good ones on there. I'm not sure what brand the one I use for worm fishing is I got it from BPS years ago as a combo and Bill Dance has his name on both the rod and reel.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

D.W. Verts

I bought one of those 33's that are stainless steel last year... Seems like a very solid reel. I think it was about $45 or so.
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

topdsm0138

Ditto. There are different versions of the 33. The Classic seems to be made better than the others.
Quote from: D.W. Verts on August 29, 2018, 06:32:12 PM
I bought one of those 33's that are stainless steel last year... Seems like a very solid reel. I think it was about $45 or so.
"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

cport

Quote from: Msn26753 on August 29, 2018, 05:39:19 PM

I would try the Omega 3 by Zebco. Here are the stats:

7 Stainless steel bearings
Continuous anti-reverse action
Quick-change spool system
Ultra-smooth worm gear drive
3X positive line pickup
Levelwind oscillating spool
Triple-cam multi-disc drag
Ceramic line guide and pickup pins
Diecast aluminum body and reel foot
Aircraft-grade aluminum covers
Sealed soft-touch rubber thumb button

Every review I've seen has been very positive. Tackle Tour did a review of the Omega 3 when it first came out in 2003 with 6 bearings and gave it a very high rating (7.98) with many positive comments. They were very surprised at how far it cast. See the review here:

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewzebcoomega.html

It is also in your price range. Amazon has the new Omega 3 for 47.00, and if you are a Prime member, free shipping. Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Zebco-ZO3-10-BX3-Spincast/dp/B001H5530O/ref=pd_day0_hl_200_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B001H5530O&pd_rd_r=6c34e520-ac5a-11e8-a3d9-8f6065affc51&pd_rd_w=VxgaV&pd_rd_wg=rwy9t&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=6a8492ae-b1a9-47e4-8244-e55b8611820c&pf_rd_r=5FPCV75WF4HTY601B8AD&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=5FPCV75WF4HTY601B8AD

Hope this helps
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

the_huber_show

You can get the Lew's mach 1, speed spool or the american hero all for well under $75.  They are all good reels
Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

Pferox

I bought a couple Omega 3s and put them on ugly sticks for my Mother In Law to use back when I lived in Florida.  She used them for years without a hitch, somebody inherited them after she passed away and I saw a picture of one of the great grand kids using that same rig on Facebook not long ago.

She was my fishing buddy back then and we fished fresh and salt water for a number of years before she got to the point she couldn't hang outside for any long period of time anymore.  She loved those Omega reels.

"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Msn26753

Greay info guys..  Yeah,  think im gonna have to look into omega series..