How to buy a used boat

Started by cport, September 12, 2018, 07:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cport

Thought this video might be helpful; it's from Tactical Bassin, IMHO a trusted source. Mods, if this is in the wrong place please move.

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

the_huber_show

I agree a very trusted source.  Love the information they give
Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

SteveTX

I like the fellas. I wouldn't say whatever they put out is the gospel, but for the most part I think they have some good info.

cport

Quote from: SteveTX on September 12, 2018, 11:04:58 PM
I like the fellas. I wouldn't say whatever they put out is the gospel, but for the most part I think they have some good info.

Their insight into how and why bass strike lures is extremely informative, as their underwater videos show. I like how they are always talking about hookset and retention as they relate to what type of hook -per-technique is used. And their rod and reel reviews are really informative. But you are right about "I wouldn't say whatever they put out is the gospel" because they are California/West Coast-centric, big, deep, reservoirs with clear water. So not all of their info crosses over to us Southern boys and girls, but a lot of it does. And those guys and their families live and breathe bassing.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

SFL BassHunter

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Oldfart9999

I find that their videos make me think about other ways to use something besides what I'm used to.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

cport

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on September 14, 2018, 06:12:11 AM
I find that their videos make me think about other ways to use something besides what I'm used to.
Rodney

Thats very true. Here is an awesome take on fishing flukes:

I like how they use every tool they can to study how bass eat baits, and come up with ways to increase hook percentage.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

basss

Quote from: cport on September 13, 2018, 08:30:06 AM
Their insight into how and why bass strike lures is extremely informative, as their underwater videos show.

I second that.  Also, I like hook n' look's videos too.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

apenland01

That is a good and thorough video on buying a used boat.  I just recently bought a used boat and he covered everything I looked at and then some...